Queen of the South -vs- Dumbarton

Not yet, a rogue back-pass making it's way into the goal this weekend is on the cards though.
In all seriousness, they don't come much bigger than this game. Lose and I fail to see how we avoid the play-offs, with a good possibility of going down in 10th. Win and hopefully gives us a bit of breathing space, but I think we'll need 6 points from our last 9 to be sure. I'd start Nade and get Thommo back out wide. Not that I think Thommo has done a bad job up there, but he is more effective coming in off the left and Nade gives the team an all round better shape IMO (also Lewis Vaughan is not wide player, play him centrally or don't play him at all). Having said that, I genuinely don't care if Kit Man Colm starts up front, as long as we score a goal and Queens don't. 

Agree with Nade starting up front and thommo wide. Although Nade hasn't been as effective this time around he is still the prince and gives us the outball option we need. He holds it up and allows others to join in.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not yet, a rogue back-pass making it's way into the goal this weekend is on the cards though.
In all seriousness, they don't come much bigger than this game. Lose and I fail to see how we avoid the play-offs, with a good possibility of going down in 10th. Win and hopefully gives us a bit of breathing space, but I think we'll need 6 points from our last 9 to be sure. I'd start Nade and get Thommo back out wide. Not that I think Thommo has done a bad job up there, but he is more effective coming in off the left and Nade gives the team an all round better shape IMO (also Lewis Vaughan is not wide player, play him centrally or don't play him at all). Having said that, I genuinely don't care if Kit Man Colm starts up front, as long as we score a goal and Queens don't. 

You need to stop focusing on who's playing where and concentrate on getting a spare battery so you can Periscope the game...

I think this could be a tough game for us. At this stage of the season hungrier teams tend to prevail. I am one of those fans who don't regard us as safe until it's mathematically impossible to go down.

Hibs were hungrier than us last Saturday and we must have been the ideal opponents for them, not seemingly having anything to play for.  I fear that if we don't show the drive and ambition to match Sons in this game, then we will trip up. I really hope we get stuck in as we did in the Arabs and Ayr games. I would take a point now.

Hope Queens win and Dobbie scores 2 or 3, also hope Dumbarton stay up cos i quite like them.

Well why don't u let us win on Saturday, then Dobbie can score a good few in your remaining 2 games?
Or we will let Dobbie score 3 as long as you let us score 4!

McCrorie out, Sparky in. We require his fight and passion, and McCrorie still hasn't convinced me at all in central midfield.

Nade needs to start or stay on the bench IMO. He's not an impact player and we don't benefit from him coming on late in the game. I'd be starting him or Fleming tomorrow with Vaughan or Stanton dropping to the bench and Thommo moving back out wide.

Do or die this week, lose this and we're fucked.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This will be the last time I see Queens this season.

I'm glad it's at least meaningful for half of the teams involved:-).  

Hopefully, there will be a talking point or two.

3 points tomorrow MT and sorry to hear you're going to miss the last 2 games of the season. A double for Dobbie and he'll be top of the scoring chart!  

On 21/04/2017 at 09:08, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McCrorie out, Sparky in. We require his fight and passion, and McCrorie still hasn't convinced me at all in central midfield.

Nade needs to start or stay on the bench IMO. He's not an impact player and we don't benefit from him coming on late in the game. I'd be starting him or Fleming tomorrow with Vaughan or Stanton dropping to the bench and Thommo moving back out wide.

Do or die this week, lose this and we're fucked.

I like mcrorie, I suspect sparky may leave in the summer after that incident in Dunfermline, mcrorie gives everything, covers every blade of grass, wins the ball, tenacious in the tackle, maybe distribution slightly lacking, but he did thread the pass for Vaughan to score against Morton. 

Same team as last few for me

I like mcrorie, I suspect sparky may leave in the summer after that incident in Dunfermline, mcrorie gives everything, covers every blade of grass, wins the ball, tenacious in the tackle, maybe distribution slightly lacking, but he did thread the pass for Vaughan to score against Morton. 
Same team as last few for me

We can ill afford to have a player in the middle of the park who is unable to retain possession unfortunately. I don't think he's a bad player but I think Sparky is better in there and I believe he can do everything McCrorie does with a better range of passing. I think he's been mostly excellent for us in central midfield this season.

I also feel trying to squeeze Vaughan and Stanton into the same team has involved us moving Thommo from the wide position, where he was on absolute fire, to an upfront position where he is less effective.

All about opinions innit, but I'm hoping to see a few changes today

Martin

Smith, Mcrorie/ Lang, Buchanan, Harvey

Carswell, Stanton

Gallagher, Stirling, Thomson

Nade

Would like to see this but Barr will obviously play. I thought Stirling was at his best when played through the middle against Raith and Hibs

Archived