Cowden v Arbroath

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

totally agree mate regarding hester. but we do have a problem regarding who supports doris upfront. we need a player who will run beyond him take a gamble that he will win the header etc. actually thought when we went with a 4 3 2 1 system with scott and linn playing behind doris it was working well

By all means didn't say Hester was a savour, but he would of scored some of the chances blown this season ,and when we are going game after game at home without a goal after dominating, he is the kind of player who will be in around the 6 yard box where no one else has been, If skelly ot Scott are fully fit is fit I'd have them well ahead Hester starting, but as things stand and the way way our strikers have been playing is it really that bad a shout giving the guy a chance??

Nobody is saying he shouldn't get a chance just disputing the fact he would've scored so much he missed a good few chances when he was here at the start of the season so not sure how all of a sudden he would've been a cert to score.

Easy saying that now. If it was the other way around and Prunty hadn't had much of a chance and Hester had had a chance everyone would be shouting for Prunty.

49 minutes ago, gruppenfuhrer said:

cowdenbeith are a horrible little club , will not be missed if they go down , but i dont think they will.

God is the school holidays still on:lol: when you go back try and learn how to spell town's names.

54 minutes ago, gruppenfuhrer said:

cowdenbeith are a horrible little club , will not be missed if they go down , but i dont think they will.

come one now - surely that accolade must go to Berwick.

23 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Hester is nowhere near good enough to play in our starting 11

I don't think many Lichties would disagree. It hasn't worked when he started. As an impact sub, however, I rate him. Think he might have swung it for us on Saturday.

He is a far better player than Eddie Fearns

No, he really is not.

Kane's made a handful of appearances in League 2. Compare that to Ferns career.

Ferns hasn't been great here, he got off to a decent start, but the obsession with him from some is just ridiculous. He done well down at Annan when he came on and he hasn't really featured much since.

Maybe if a few people got off his back a bit he'd do better when he played, but then again that's maybe wishful thinking.

On the subject of that by the way it's no wonder we play better away from home. Saturday past the amount of abuse towards some of our own players from some guys is just absolutely incredible, there was an old guy who literally slated every single thing we done.

Only seen him a few times and the last time I seen him he was doing it in the 4-1 Berwick game at home too, even when we started pumping them at the end.

f**k knows what he was hoping to achieve.

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He done well down at Annan when he came on and he hasn't really featured much since.

I would strongly, strongly dispute this. After he came on we broke several times with the ball, and on each occaision he made the wrong decision in terms of passing/ shooting. Infact he nearly maimed a poor young fan with a wayward shot who had to take evaisive action to get out of the way.

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On the subject of that by the way it's no wonder we play better away from home. Saturday past the amount of abuse towards some of our own players from some guys is just absolutely incredible, there was an old guy who literally slated every single thing we done.

Only seen him a few times and the last time I seen him he was doing it in the 4-1 Berwick game at home too, even when we started pumping them at the end.

f**k knows what he was hoping to achieve.

We were poor on Saturday, but screaming abuse at Dick/ the players while the game is going on and we're so close to the top of the league is sheer lunacy. You really have to question the mindset of some people.... 'this guy is having a poor game.... maybe if I scream at him that he's a useless c**t that will up his ability/ confidence and we'll go on to win here....'

We were poor on Saturday, but screaming abuse at Dick/ the players while the game is going on and we're so close to the top of the league is sheer lunacy. You really have to question the mindset of some people.... 'this guy is having a poor game.... maybe if I scream at him that he's a useless c**t that will up his ability/ confidence and we'll go on to win here....'

Got an assist fir the 5th with a great cross, nearly scored a good goal and played in Doris who nearly scored too.

Come on what's the guy got to do... haha.

Second bit totally agree.

28 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I would strongly, strongly dispute this. After he came on we broke several times with the ball, and on each occaision he made the wrong decision in terms of passing/ shooting. Infact he nearly maimed a poor young fan with a wayward shot who had to take evaisive action to get out of the way.

How on earth can your support be screaming at manager/players after such a good season and even if you don't win the league you are still likely to get promotion.

Remember last season!

How on earth can your support be screaming at manager/players after such a good season and even if you don't win the league you are still likely to get promotion.
Remember last season!

Overall the season has been a success but we have been pretty poor at home. The guys screaming are of the older age bracket and only make home games. Saturday was horrendous to be fair. Zero shots on target when aiming for the championship is totally unacceptable.

Archived