Cowden v Arbroath

Title challengers (well I think we are) Arbroath v Relegation fighting Cowden

We are usually good away from home. Currently sitting at... played 16, won 9, drew 6, lost 1

So hopefully that can continue, Cowden will come at us and try to win the game so I think that'll help, should make for an open game. I'd change it up a bit, would drop Scott for Skelly who should be back fit.

Gomes

Gold
Little
Hammy
Sukar

Whatley
McCord

Kader
Skelly
Linn

Doris

Get the ball up to Stevie and get they 3 running off him. Skelly through the middle. Linn up against Rutherford.

Really need to bounce back after yesterday's sucker punch.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We are usually good away from home. Currently sitting at... played 16, won 9, drew 6, lost 1

So hopefully that can continue, Cowden will come at us and try to win the game so I think that'll help, should make for an open game. I'd change it up a bit, would drop Scott for Skelly who should be back fit.

Gomes

Gold
Little
Hammy
Sukar

Whatley
McCord

Kader
Skelly
Linn

Doris

Get the ball up to Stevie and get they 3 running off him. Skelly through the middle. Linn up against Rutherford.

Looked at your stats yesterday. Did you really not have a shot on target? 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gomes

Gold
Little
Hammy
Sukar

Whatley
McCord

Kader
Skelly
Linn

Doris

Wishful thinking, we won't come out at you. Locke has made us tight as a ducks arse, we will work our ass off and hit you on the break. 

Great plan as you don't like that.

You have Sukar at LB instead of Hodge. Is that for tactical reasons or have you heard that Hodge's injury yesterday is going to keep him out for a while?

Nah. Just thought Sukar done well yesterday. If Hodge was back I'd be fine with him going in there too.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah. Just thought Sukar done well yesterday. If Hodge was back I'd be fine with him going in there too.

Fair point. I also think that Sukar did ok yesterday, and probably his best game for us. Though every time he was one on one with a striker I was thinking 'oh shit' but he coped with all of them. 

Fair point. I also think that Sukar did ok yesterday, and probably his best game for us. Though every time he was one on one with a striker I was thinking 'oh shit' but he coped with all of them. 

Thing is I think defensively he's actually been on the whole very decent, he's just prone to some horrible mistakes every now and then and people remember them.

Even yesterday when he was playing well you still weren't totally confident. He's a big tall fast laddie and on the whole does well against pacey wingers.

A bit hopeless on the ball going forward though but if he plays it easy then it's not a problem. Treats it like a hot tattie and lumps it too often.

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Treats it like a hot tattie and lumps it too often.

I really like Hamilton, he's been really good at centre back, but I think he also tends to lump it forward too often. Guess he's trying to play it over the top for our forwards to run on to, but since that's usually Steven Doris on his own, it tends to be just a lump up the park. If he could improve his distribution when he has the ball he'd be one of the best defenders in the league.

Heard Dick and Martin 'leathers youth players' Scott had a big bust up at HT during the Montrose game.

It is a always enjoyable to see Arbroath implode. A comfortable home victory the only result here.

Heard Dick and Martin 'leathers youth players' Scott had a big bust up at HT during the Montrose game.
It is a always enjoyable to see Arbroath implode. A comfortable home victory the only result here.

He wasn't fit for the Montrose game. And that much of a bust up he's been back in the team and on the bench the week after that game when he wasn't fit down in Annan.

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He wasn't fit for the Montrose game. And that much of a bust up he's been back in the team and on the bench the week after that game when he wasn't fit down in Annan.

Apologies, I meant the Edinburgh City game.

And the level Hester is playing at is so poor, wouldn't read too much into the number of goals he has scored.

Apologies, I meant the Edinburgh City game.
And the level Hester is playing at is so poor, wouldn't read too much into the number of goals he has scored.

Good. He's needing an arse kicking he's gone totally off it. Prunty would've been on regardless.

Correct on Hester, there's no way he'd have scored that much, he'd be top scorer in the league if he had. :lol:

From start of season including cups, maybe 20 is going a bit far but he would be in double figures given the chances that's fallen to the rest....

Hester missed a load himself when he has played for us this year. Cowdenbeath 0-0 at home in particular. That 1 on 1....

I like Hester but he played in 13 games and scored 1 goal.

How often did he get 2-3 starts in a row, we were chopping and changing at the start of season, wasn't a settled side, add up God game time and it would be next to nothing,

Just feel all these games we are pushing for a goal and had chance after chance he would of took some of the chances that we have missed, I like pruntys effort and desire but the amount of chances he has missed this season is crazy, Hester a different option, prunty and Scott very similar, no pace up too at all

How often did he get 2-3 starts in a row, we were chopping and changing at the start of season, wasn't a settled side, add up God game time and it would be next to nothing,
Just feel all these games we are pushing for a goal and had chance after chance he would of took some of the chances that we have missed, I like pruntys effort and desire but the amount of chances he has missed this season is crazy, Hester a different option, prunty and Scott very similar, no pace up too at all

To be fair most of his appearances he was just thrown on with not long left, but double figures or 15-20 goals? I wouldn't mind him being an option from the bench but it's definitely being over played because he's scoring so much at Roselea.

If you were to go and watch the highlights you'd see why. He's far too good for that level as are the team he's playing in. 2 or 3 decent sides in a league full of pub teams.

Archived