Cowden v Arbroath

I dont see that Gerry playing would have made any difference.

Syme at the back has made us look much more solid and he is far more mobile than the other centre halfs.

Agree that Muirhead should have started.

Syme also had a guilt edged chance in the last few mins for a point.

We totally missed Renton. Carrick filled his role today but nobody filled Carrick's role.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wulliemc said:

Syme at the back has made us look much more solid and he is far more mobile than the other centre halfs.

We totally missed Renton. Carrick filled his role today but nobody filled Carrick's role.

Syme at RB.

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

2nd behind Stevie D

If the season started in November, then possibly yes, but Doris took a while to get going and start to show the qualities we expected from him. Whereas Goldie has been consistently performing from the summer and has hardly put a foot wrong. Don't get me wrong, Stevie D has been a key player and I am so pleased that he finally got his scoring boots back, but IMHO David Gold edges it. 

Just my opinion.

Great display to-day from the team especially Doris and Gold but again I thought that Scott was very poor. Excellent away support.

I thought Scott had a good 1st half but tired in the 2nd. Needs to cut out the daft flicks as well. Based on today probably deserves his spot in the starting XI next week

Damage done well before today. Credit to Arbroath for seeing the game out today. Their experience showed and Renton was a huge miss for us today. It shows how much he adds to the team. 

For me the ref gave virtually every decision to Arbroath for most of the game. Our defending of the first goal was truly horrific though. The second was also a poor goal from our point of view as we failed to clear despite three chances to do so. Even when we pulled one back I knew the game was gone. CJ coming on summed it up for me.

I won't be at the game next week. Forfar grubbed Clyde with Badpenis in their team so our prospects don't look good. Hopefully we can go into the last game with a slim chance.

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Any reason Rumsby got man of the match?

He had a good game at the back, as did Syme.

defensively so did your number 5 although a couple of his screams of pain and dives were of the most embarrassing and hilarious I have EVER seen. 

10 hours ago, wulliemc said:

We need 2 Symes.

1 at centre half, him and rumsby looked a solid enough pairing, and 1 at holding centre midfield to toughen us up in there.

as we only have 1, I would put gerry back in and push Syme in where obrien was today.

would make us harder to beat again which is the first thing Locke did when he came in.

Great professional performance by us yesterday and a deserved 3 points.

Have to say I feel frustrated more than anything coming away from that, as I am absolutely positive if we'd continued with the 4-3-2-1 instead of changing it for Forfar and Edin City games then we would be top of the league right now.

Archived