Cowden v Arbroath

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this bottling thing is a bit harsh. dc said at the start of the season the play offs were the target we have done that with loads to spare.yes we have had chances to go top but to say we have bottled it is a tad harsh. i really cant see the likes of litte hamilton doris to name a few who would as some litchies fans say bottle it

You're a bottler, Steven.

not as much as you when eddy claimed you and your mate but anyway just go away and troll other mid table shit such as safc this is the elite thread and dont forget the invite at the cricket club if you have balls if they have dropped yet

How can you ever define "bottling" ?

you could argue Forfar have "bottled" it with only winning once in 10 games, it won't matter a jot in 3 weeks time if one of us win the league.

For what it's worth and this not playing it down, I've never really thought of this group of players we have as league winners. The GK has been questionable, we've had a problem at left back all year, we lack invention and creativity when teams sit in and defend against us and we have chopped and changed partners for Doris with limited success all season.

That said, we still have a chance so hopefully we can win tomorrow and see where it takes us.

well why use the word bottling then if you cant define it. you make a lots of points i agree with but i can remember when at times some fans when we won the league under sheering using the same terminology lets give it a rest get behind the team and go for it

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Zero shots on target against a team battling to stay up.

But ignorant  with that comment.

no team in the league has an exclusive right to beat any other team, whether near the bottom or not.

no team in the league is really that much better than any other that it's classed as bottling it if you don't beat them. 

Will be very surprised if we lose our next 2  games , which are against the top 2. Confident we will get something in at least 1 of those games.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Bottling it is when you are clear at the top and can't finish the job and another team catches you.

A good example of a team bottling it is us in the 2008/09 season. Thank goodness for those mad Livi b*****ds. 

not as much as you when eddy claimed you and your mate but anyway just go away and troll other mid table shit such as safc this is the elite thread and dont forget the invite at the cricket club if you have balls if they have dropped yet

Although not very professional Steven, if you're buying me a pint before the famous Albion - Arbroath game I will take you up on that.

Still think you are a bottler Steven.

we totally outplayed montrose if it wasnt for fleming having a worldy in goal we would have beat them easily.also its very hard to beat teams who as they say park the bus as city did on saturday

Watched the highlights and read the stats. Your goalie had about four great saves. City had 7 shots on target- most of which produced good, if not great saves. Indeed, the Arbroath 'highlights' show more attacks from city than the home side.

Your definition of 'parking the bus' must be a bit different from old Jose mourinhos.

Somebody tell Locke to get Buchanan and Muirhead on and have a go at Arbroath!

We are doing sweet FA and Locke just stands there like he couldn't give a toss!

No game plan from Locke. No surprise. Moore totally ineffectual. Buchanan and Muirhead on from the start would have given us a chance and given Carrick some support. He had a hopeless task today.

What do we do? Bring on Johnston. Complete waste of space. Rutherford was murder again and the second goal was his fault. He had a couple of opportunities to clear it and failed.

Arbroath offered nothing special, but hopeless defending from us gave them chances and they took them well. Arbroath actually looked like a team running out of steam after a hard season. Good opportunity wasted. We may have picked up points under Locke, but we still look mediocre and devoid of tactics.

Don't think we are running out of steam at all, hard place to go so good to grind out a win to keep up our extraordinary away form.

i thought Cowdenbeath were very very poor which doesn't give me any hope at all for next week. Would take going into the last game 1 point behind. 

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

No game plan from Locke. No surprise. Moore totally ineffectual. Buchanan and Muirhead on from the start would have given us a chance and given Carrick some support. He had a hopeless task today.

What do we do? Bring on Johnston. Complete waste of space. Rutherford was murder again and the second goal was his fault. He had a couple of opportunities to clear it and failed.

Arbroath offered nothing special, but hopeless defending from us gave them chances and they took them well. Arbroath actually looked like a team running out of steam after a hard season. Good opportunity wasted. We may have picked up points under Locke, but we still look mediocre and devoid of tactics.

A bit negative? People on the terracing were shouting for the boys to show some fight. The work rate could not be questioned. We were playing second top today and could have got something out of the game. Locke has a team at the bottom and certain of relegation when Fox was in charge in with a fighting chance.

6 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Don't think we are running out of steam at all, hard place to go so good to grind out a win to keep up our extraordinary away form.

i thought Cowdenbeath were very very poor which doesn't give me any hope at all for next week. Would take going into the last game 1 point behind. 

We were poor, but we will have Renton back next week. Hopefully we don't just resort to punting it long to him to little effect.

2 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

A bit negative? People on the terracing were shouting for the boys to show some fight. The work rate could not be questioned. We were playing second top today and could have got something out of the game. Locke has a team at the bottom and certain of relegation when Fox was in charge in with a fighting chance.

We are only bottom because of Fox. He should have been chased out earlier and we could have been safe by now.

We need to go all out next week. All guns blazing. Carrick, Renton, Muirhead, Buchanan all on from the start. Keep Johnston well away. Tactics like today's will get us nowhere. Muirhead looks promising, but we keep him on the bench when we are crying out for a player like him.

Archived