NEW THIRD LANARK STORY

coach

I'm the Manager of the Amateur team. I've been at the club a number of years and I said before that Cathkin was always a bit of a distraction.

Theres a new board in place and the talks with the council have gone further than they ever have before. The council asked to prove we have money for the first phase which we have done. Just waiting on local elections to pass and more should be confirmed.

I'd say its more likely than ever that Cathkin will happen. I'd also say that if the council say no, we'll be building a new ground somewhere else.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I was at Cathkin Park on Saturday morning - Hampden AFC played a home match there for the first time since September so I couldn't resist making a pilgrimage. The guy who was putting up the nets is from the Jimmy Johnstone Academy. He was telling me that it is they who've got the (25 year) lease from the council. So any use of Cathkin Park is a sub-let through them not direct from the council. So it's them you'd need to keep sweet. Any feeling that it's a Third Lanark takeover and you'll get nowhere...

Archived