The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Siroki Brijeg: imagine 1950s Oban run by clerical fascists and Nazi apologists, and you're somewhere close.

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The Dons did well to avoid that even if it is a much more winnable tie than the one they got- Siroki are pish.

More important question: how much does it cost for a beer? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordabasy even bigger favourites now to win through ELQ1 to face Aberdeen. The ELQ1 draw had the second leg in Bosnia, but the Bosnian's have just lost that second-leg-at-home advantage - the tie has been switched, since Ordabasy will use the same stadium as Kairat Almaty and they're using it themselves for their own first leg.

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

Ordabasy even bigger favourites now to win through ELQ1 to face Aberdeen. The ELQ1 draw had the second leg in Bosnia, but the Bosnian's have just lost that second-leg-at-home advantage - the tie has been switched, since Ordabasy will use the same stadium as Kairat Almaty and they're using it themselves for their own first leg.

Almaty are due to be at home 1st leg of the 2nd round so shouldn't cause any changes to our 2nd round tie.

On 6/19/2017 at 16:50, tarapoa said:

We had more expat dandies from the middle east and Caspian supporting us at that match, than we did folk from N.E.Scotland - especially given it was a fortnight after Rijeka.

Last time I used BA miles to get to Almaty via LHR, but I believe BA have stopped that flight (and all my airmiles have gone) - think there were various options via Moscow/Istanbul etc

It was split 50/50 in Almaty - think there was about 40 odd from Aberdeen area as we had to meet up with Steven Gunn before the game to get tickets even through our supporters club had put in a order for 9 tickets! Lowest ticket order that we have had to put in lol

I would expect about 30 odd travelling from Aberdeen this time if they get through as the normal die hard fans will go regardless of cost.

It was split 50/50 in Almaty - think there was about 40 odd from Aberdeen area as we had to meet up with Steven Gunn before the game to get tickets even through our supporters club had put in a order for 9 tickets! Lowest ticket order that we have had to put in lol
I would expect about 30 odd travelling from Aberdeen this time if they get through as the normal die hard fans will go regardless of cost.

One of my mates went to macedonia and Croatia in the space of a month and nearly had a meltdown when we drew Almaty.

He still went. Respect.

On 6/21/2017 at 15:04, Karl Fletcher said:

Kairat currently horsing Ordabasy 3-0 at half-time in the Kazakhstan Cup

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/ILp3ZrMr/#match-summary

We'll probably be fine imo 

Not sure I think Kazakhstan football on the up and they are half way through their season. The clubs there are spending massive money and I think the team we might get spent 1.8 million euros on some argentinian player. Be interesting to see how tonights game will go - might book my flights :)

Clumsy foul for thepen, followed by a shocking attempt at saving thepen by the goaly. Who then surpassed that with the punch at the second goal.

On 7/2/2017 at 16:42, lubo_blaha said:

Anyone in here planning a trip to Herzegovina or Kazakhstan?

aye as always - think Bosnia would be the same as Croatia for food/drink but it will be another county off the list of places to go - so hopefully it is them. If Kazakhstan then another trip to Almaty which was decent enough place last time although a wee bit pricey on the flights

Archived