Dundee Utd vs St Mirren

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Wee trip down memory lane at half time with the club wheeling out to Scandinavian heroes.

It was a biter sweet experience, the bitter being a reminder of just how far we have fallen.

What goes around comes around, Granny.  I've only known the good time since I started going in '75. A couple of years of this pish and then we can get back to the glory years MkII.

We will rise again.  (As long as it's not on a Friday: Fridays are for administration.)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Infuriating but entertaining game today. In terms of the actual football I couldn't cope with our usual 'go ahead and then sit back' routine so it was obvious we were going to concede a late equaliser (this after we initially conceded our usual set piece goal). To win was a great relief but we didn't deserve it. I thought St.Mirren were a much better footballing side than us and I would love to have players like Mallan, Morgan and Magennis in our midfield. 

As for the refereeing, f**k me. What a shower of shite. It was amateurish and embarrassing and what makes it worse is that we pay to get our games ruined by inept officials who can have a massive influence on individual results and potentially promotions, relegations etc. It really was a shameful performance from Craig Charleston and it isn't the first I've seen this season from referees in this division. 

The United booking at the throw in was a farce. Also Uniteds first goal Baird took a head knock which he needed a bandage for, and MacKenzie took a boot to the ribs within 10 seconds.

Scenes for our equaliser but they were short lived. Can't even celebrate the fact i had MacKenzie anytime on again.

The refs comments to JR should get him into bother, how does he know we'll be fine anyway?

Can't use the ref as an excuse and i hate that. Can't deny he was a c'nt for both teams though.

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The United booking at the throw in was a farce. Also Uniteds first goal Baird took a head knock which he needed a bandage for, and MacKenzie took a boot to the ribs within 10 seconds.

Scenes for our equaliser but they were short lived. Can't even celebrate the fact i had MacKenzie anytime on again.

The refs comments to JR should get him into bother, how does he know we'll be fine anyway?

Can't use the ref as an excuse and i hate that. Can't deny he was a c'nt for both teams though.

Not a hope. It's the ref's word against JR's. The SFA will side with the ref. Don't understand why Jack went public with it, would do f**k all good if the ref admitted it.

That refereeing decision won't be what relegates us. It's the first half of the season that killed us. We were probably due a defeat after our recent run, hopefully that's it out the way and we can win the last two and hope Raith and Dumbarton slip up.

I thought we played quite well and probably just about deserved the win. St Mirren played nice stuff at times but didn't look hugely threatening. They played much better in the previous two games against us and they should have played Sutton from the start imo as we simply can't defend crosses.

The referee was hilarious. It was like he just didn't know basic rules at times. Kuate was surprisingly good with the ball and passed it very well but could do with losing a stone or five - Flood just bouncing off his belly was probably the highlight of the game.

I thought we played quite well and probably just about deserved the win. St Mirren played nice stuff at times but didn't look hugely threatening. They played much better in the previous two games against us and they should have played Sutton from the start imo as we simply can't defend crosses.
The referee was hilarious. It was like he just didn't know basic rules at times. Kuate was surprisingly good with the ball and passed it very well but could do with losing a stone or five - Flood just bouncing off his belly was probably the highlight of the game.

Kuate flooring Flood was fucking brilliant!

Not a hope. It's the ref's word against JR's. The SFA will side with the ref. Don't understand why Jack went public with it, would do f**k all good if the ref admitted it.
That refereeing decision won't be what relegates us. It's the first half of the season that killed us. We were probably due a defeat after our recent run, hopefully that's it out the way and we can win the last two and hope Raith and Dumbarton slip up.

True. Just sounds like excuses when managers and fans mention the ref after the game. God knows how Bobby F is tonight.

Gary Mac showed the ref the stud marks on his chest and got booked ????.

It felt like the referee knew he'd made a colossal blunder letting Mikkelsen's goal stand, and spent the next few minutes trying to balance it out by giving St Mirren everything he could, culminating in the absurd booking for Spittal.  I hate nearly everything about being in this league, but the standard of refereeing has been one of the worst parts of this season.

That referee was the worst I've every seen. For both teams. Our first goal, a number of hilariously bad elbows in the head from Sutton and Co. and why did it take so long to allow the St Mirren player to come back on after he'd been bandaged up.

Utterly dreadful football match but really exciting. What a goal from Mikkleson, even better foul from him! Hilarious back pass too. The keeper should have just punted that one...

Kuate looks like an enigma wrapped in an riddle, wrapped in 2 duffle coats and fifty-five cheeseburgers. Looked like he couldn't run, couldn't tackle and flattened Flood. At one point he lost the ball, fell over and tried to grab the ball from the st mirren players foot... Then hit a couple of cracking passes and sets the goal up with a terrible shot straight to Mikkleson. Clearly hadn't been given any instructions as he was all over the place :lol:

He needs a good bit of game time to get him fit. Looked like he wanted about 5 minutes on the ball each time he had it.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

OYF - an injury time sickener to entirely derail the spoon-burners' survival bid. That's a terrible wee shame for them. 

arms-wide.jpg

'Entirely'? SimpleTON makes a mess of the English language again.

Survival is still in our hands, just as it was when we scudded the Morton bottle crashers 4-1 on their own turf without even getting out of second gear.

Entirely would mean we were down already. Idiot. 

Thanks for playing, back in your box, wee shame, etc.

Ps 4-1 :lol:

Spoiler

4-1! :lol:

Decent game, shocking ref, poor result. Looked a game too soon for Morgan. WTF was the ref about with not letting players back on the park after injuries. The first one was ridiculously long. Need Hibs to do us a turn on Wed

7 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:

Decent game, shocking ref, poor result. Looked a game too soon for Morgan. WTF was the ref about with not letting players back on the park after injuries. The first one was ridiculously long. Need Hibs to do us a turn on Wed

The game has to be stopped to allow a linesman to check if the blood has stopped before letting the player back on. The exact same thing happened with Mikkelson in the second half. 

Archived