Dundee Utd vs St Mirren

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Me too, I think that all of my all time favourites are Scandinavian. Siggi Jonsson is number one, then Pedersen, Kalvenes and of course Dillon(sson).

Slightly offended that you missed out big Lars. Back in the day we expected him to fire in a 35 yarder every game, because he did it once.

Allardice and Robson keep their places, disappointed with the first and really annoyed by the second.  At least Toshney has been binned, doesn't even look like he's on the bench.

HT 1-1

Certainly interesting enough game.

The United goal was certainly on the controversial side. First Jack Baird goes up for a header and gets a head knock which subsequently needs bandaged. Play on. Then Gary McKenzie is kicked off the ball. Play on, goal.

We came back into it well and probably deserved the equaliser. That old Mallan cross McKenzie header partnership baring fruit again.

A point here is a good point, as long as Dumbarton don't win. Sadly they are winning, so we need to win.

All to play for.

That's got to be one of the worst refereeing decisions I've seen in a long time to allow two blatant fouls in the build up. One leaving one centre half nursing a burst head and one buckled over following a straight hoof into the midriff. 

Absolutely carnage in the wake of that goal but all things considered, we've been the better side. A win here is looking more and more vital with an eye elsewhere. 

The ref has had an absolute shambles here. Definitely have the feeling he will send someone off or award a dodgy penalty.

As expected St.Mirren have the better footballing team. We've shitfested the first 45 and will continue on into the second half.

A St.Mirren victory is on the cards.

22 hours ago, Lex said:

Tannadice certainly hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years, we've lost our last 5 games there and that run of defeats goes back to 2012.  Could really do with ending that tomorrow, another loss and there's a good chance we will end the day in 9th.

Just looking at our last fixture up there on Christmas Eve, Dundee Utd were top of the league at the half way stage after beating us that day, two points clear of Hibs.  Season's fair went to shit for them since then.

Still though, have to make them favourites for tomorrows game.  They're at home, they beat us at neutral venue a few weeks back.  In saying that we have Cammy Smith available tomorrow and we missed him badly in that mickey mouse cup final.  Hope he starts up beside big John.  Will get my optimistic hat on and go for... 1-1.  Lets hope QOTS and Morton do the business tomorrow and then all eyes on the Raith showdown next week,

30 minutes ago, Lex said:

HT 1-1

Certainly interesting enough game.

The United goal was certainly on the controversial side. First Jack Baird goes up for a header and gets a head knock which subsequently needs bandaged. Play on. Then Gary McKenzie is kicked off the ball. Play on, goal.

We came back into it well and probably deserved the equaliser. That old Mallan cross McKenzie header partnership baring fruit again.

A point here is a good point, as long as Dumbarton don't win. Sadly they are winning, so we need to win.

All to play for.

Lex certainly loves a certainly.

Delighted with the win though undeserved.  Couldn't believe the referee not giving a foul in the run up to our first goal, just one of many awful decisions by him.

We played almost no football again though fair play to McKinnon for going to 4-4-2 at half time recognising that we had more chance of capitalising on the hoofball with that formation.

Thought St Mirren played some decent football and brought through a decent support.  Thought their players turned a bit dicklike as the game progressed but they may have been feeling frustrated.

Sickener. Think we deserved at least a point over the piece, but theme the breaks.

It's no real surprise we have lost at Tannadice. We have a nightmare run in and we were always going to struggle to pick up points in the last 4 games. Proclamations of imminent safety from all and sundry were premature, it clearly remains quite likely that we will be relegated.

Thought we needed 5 points from our last 3 games to stay up. Well we have 2 left now, we can't get 5 so we are going to need 6.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

Sickener. Think we deserved at least a point over the piece, but theme the breaks.

It's no real surprise we have lost at Tannadice. We have a nightmare run in and we were always going to struggle to pick up points in the last 4 games. Proclamations of imminent safety from all and sundry were premature, it clearly remains quite likely that we will be relegated.

Thought we needed 5 points from our last 3 games to stay up. Well we have 2 left now, we can't get 5 so we are going to need 6.

You won't finish bottom.

And if you finish 2nd bottom, you will have too much for a League1 side. 

See you next season (ie I hope WE don't finish in the bottom 2)

You won't finish bottom.
And if you finish 2nd bottom, you will have too much for a League1 side. 
See you next season (ie I hope WE don't finish in the bottom 2)

We are 2 points from bottom and we go to Easter Road on the last day. Wish I had your certainty.

Also if we do finish 9th we will need to have too much for 2 league 1 sides.

who pissed in Charlestons cornflakes. Its us he hates and his ineptitude has been clear for ages he played advantage fro Brora in the Scottish cup they had a promising attack but put the final ball just wide and he took it back for the offside free kick to them, the man is a moron

Wee trip down memory lane at half time with the club wheeling out to Scandinavian heroes.

It was a biter sweet experience, the bitter being a reminder of just how far we have fallen.

5 minutes ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

I'll buck the trend here and say that I really enjoyed the game. Two teams going at it toe to toe, elbows everywhere, shots, saved and 3 great goals from United. Very exciting stuff.

Not sure if you're bucking anything, yeah it was a really enjoyable game if you're an Arab.  Particularly with John McVeigh is a tosser (trying it out) scoring in the 85th then us to go on and score a winner...

ETA he's changed it from tit to tosser!!!

Pretty shite stuff again but at least it was exciting shite for a change. We actually looked like we wanted to go for a win after it went to 2-2. Not sure what to make of Kuate as he looked awful but actually did a couple of things quite well and was involved in the winning goal. Finally that ref, fucking hell, absolutely shocking, to our obvious benefit at times but I think both teams have reason to be upset at his performance. 

Archived