Dundee Utd vs St Mirren

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Flood back for this?

I think so, it was a ban for yellow cards so I think it was for just one game. As much as he gets a bit of stick (and rightly so at times), we didn't have any energy whatsoever without him on Saturday.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Flood was arguably your best player in the final, seemed to have a yard of space every time he got the ball.

Him and Andreu are standouts at this level, other than that I think we're as good as Dundee United on our day.

Flood is a very underated player, he's also a very frustrating one.  Will chase down four opposition players to win the ball back then give it away with a misplaced five yard pass.  That said I'd rather have him in the team than not.

Aundeu is head and shoulders above anyone else at United but has not been playing to his normal standard of late.  That's a problem for us because when he performs poorly so does the rest of the team.

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Fraser has been a big miss. For all Tony's obvious quality, he doesn't influence the game nearly as much as Fraser. I'd say, in terms of importance to the team, Flood, Bell and Fraser are all bigger players than Andreu. 

You don't half talk some absolute shite.

3 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Flood was arguably your best player in the final, seemed to have a yard of space every time he got the ball.

Him and Andreu are standouts at this level, other than that I think we're as good as Dundee United on our day.

We all see things differently. Flood was good in the FInal but has been average in the other games I have seen him in this season. Would I swap him for McGinn, Morgan, Mallan or Magennis? No chance.

We all see things differently. Flood was good in the FInal but has been average in the other games I have seen him in this season. Would I swap him for McGinn, Morgan, Mallan or Magennis? No chance.

I thought he was their best player in the 3-2 game as well.

Would I swap him for those you mentioned? No I wouldn't because I don't think he'd bring the same energy, which is our game right now. And he doesnt have age on his side.

But he'd be a good addition to any team in the league.

Edited to include: just found out Flood turned 32 a week ago. I genuinely thought he was about 36. Seems to have been around forever and has always had a weird old man face in a child's body.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Tbf, it's not a problem you're ever likely to encounter.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You don't half talk some absolute shite.

Thanks Granny. Always good to know that you and I disagree. I'll start worrying when I find we're on the same page, you menopausal old fud. 

Dundee United 0 St Mirren 3

Crowd  7387 6387

Won't guess other Teams scores .

But I do believe Hibernian will not win another League match. Probably won't draw one either. 

Crowd  7387

But I do believe Hibernian will not win another League match. Probably won't draw one either. 

I'd be taking 1000 off that crowd.

40 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Far to much pish posted by my fellow Saints fans, going to Tannadice and winning 3-0, 4-0...in each game this year utd have bossed us in 2nd half of each game and Jack Ross hasn't worked out how to counter that...has given Flood a free reign....i cant see anything but a Utd home win sadly...2-0.....3-1......Ross may have needed transfer window but took far to long to turn it around...had no impact at all to start with...

One or two might be getting carried away but it's certainly not unrealistic to be heading up to tannadice with a bit of positivity, given the current form guide we are in a very good run of late.

Given the monumental mess that Rae left trailing in his wake, Ross has done a remarkable job to get us where we are at the minute.

I would have bitten your hand off to be in the play off spot pre Xmas as we were isolated with no hope until Jack binned the duds that Rae assembled, and rebuilt the squad in what was a calculated gamble with ten new players.

Jack Ross has done a magnificent job, delivering performances at exactly the right time, it's in our own hands what else did you expect from where we were.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I'd be taking 1000 off that crowd.

5 hours ago, shull said:

Crowd  7387 6387

:thumsup2

12 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Far to much pish posted by my fellow Saints fans, going to Tannadice and winning 3-0, 4-0...in each game this year utd have bossed us in 2nd half of each game and Jack Ross hasn't worked out how to counter that...has given Flood a free reign....i cant see anything but a Utd home win sadly...2-0.....3-1......Ross may have needed transfer window but took far to long to turn it around...had no impact at all to start with...

The only person predicting 3-0 is Shull and that's because he predicts us to win 3-0 every single week. 

No one is under any illusion that Saturday is going to be anything but absolutely hellish and a rollercoaster. I was at Tannadice on Xmas eve and we certainly weren't bossed in the 2nd half that day. We were extremely unlucky not to come away with something and several Utd fans stated similar in the pub afterwards. 

I'd also argue that Ross did have an impact to start with and a big one at that. He needed those several games to weed out the shite in the squad, he gave the same guys a chance to prove they were up to it under a new gaffer and save for three or four, they failed miserably. That they have all moved on and done no better is testament to Jack not keeping shite around for the sake of it. Would I have liked results to have been better? Of course I would but in reality you can only play the hand you're dealt. That he felt Magennis and McAllister were going to add more to the first team was a bold and brilliant move and again, reflects poorly on the 'established pros' at the club at that point rather than the gaffer. 

9 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Expected some results even with squad he inheritated...when Rae signed most of the players most of us thought we had a decent squad...he had no impact at club for months...

In reality, most saw how imbalanced we were and soft as shite in the middle of the park. The Hardie/Shankland signing saga was certainly one or the other, not both. Amazing really when you consider its now by far our strongest area. 

Clarkson being given a contract was the first warning sign for me to be honest. 

Archived