Dunfermline v Falkirk

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No, it's all hush hush in envelopes in the board room, with lines of ching on the desk and Sammy masterbating furiously over the paper version of our balance sheet.

Sammy's easy pleased!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

No, it's all hush hush in envelopes in the board room, with lines of ching on the desk and Sammy masterbating furiously over the paper version of our balance sheet.

It's a simple question as to whether it's handed over in one lump sum at the start or end of the season or in staggered payments. I presumed it would be one lump sum for the coming season or it would be very risky indeed. By the way it was a dunfermline fan going on about a few grand profit that started this discussion.

Would it not be a better idea to buy shares as previously suggested instead of getting basically hee haw.

40 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Is horrible when owners run a club into the ground, we had it with the deans and Fulton, there's only so much ordinary fans can do. As for the game, I hope we turn up this time as the last time we went to East end we played as bad as i've seen us this season. If we play I think we'll win a close game.

One last point, I don't really get the hate Fife/dunfermline etc...that we do, they're big rivals but to me no worse than Partick, motherwell or killie, even st mirren. The two teams that get me are the big Glasgow teams, they take bus loads of support away from falkirk every week, they're the ones whose fans patronise everyone else, who are in the pubs, workplaces, schools beside us with their sectarian crap. They're the ones us, the pars and every other local team should despise.

Is it real hate though? I think it's a bit sad if it is. It's always been a bit of fun for menacing a rival just adds a bit of an edge to the game. But for me this fixture has went a bit meh probably because the teams have never been fighting for promotion/ relagation for a long long time. 

Much the same way as your debt accumulated under Masterton.Unfortunately were still suffering from the west coasters running of the club.Which resulted in having to sell the ground etc etc.We still try to service any debt,and there's no other way out

At the moment your not seeing much for your cash. I'd hate to think what kind of side you would be putting out with even less cash available. 

Don't see the hype with Wedderburn tbh. He's grossly overweight with little composure from what I have seen.
Dunfermline happy with 5th ? My arse. The money they are paying the likes of Clarke they were looking for top 4.
They still have collection tins in The Brig Chippy to help fund their overspending on players.

Masterton and Leishman were cheats. You just don't seem to have learned.

It's a simple question as to whether it's handed over in one lump sum at the start or end of the season or in staggered payments. I presumed it would be one lump sum for the coming season or it would be very risky indeed. By the way it was a dunfermline fan going on about a few grand profit that started this discussion.

Yes, in the same way our ticket sales, replica kit sales, pie money etc is paid upfront at the start of the season. We actually don't make any money through the season at all, because that would be very risky.

By the way, it was a Falkirk fan that started the discussion on the finances, you're literally wrong about everything.

I don't hate Falkirk in the slightest. I think even Falkirk fans will concede that this 'rivalry' has been purely manufactured on their side because they don't have a similar sized club on their doorstep. 

That is totally fine. Anything that adds a bit of spice to a fixture is usually a good thing. I enjoy the atmosphere in the Falkirk games in the same way I enjoy the atmosphere against Cowdenbeath. Unbridled hatred from the opposition. 

Last season, we got £105,500 prize money from the SPFL. Falkirk got £400,900 plus play-off income. Raith Rovers got £274,300.

This means that, excluding other incomes (season tickets, merchandise etc) the £170k from our lifeline fund would make our income similar to that of Raith and well below Falkirk's.

Can you explain why this means we should be putting out a team of the same quality as Falkirk? Particularly when you account for crowd sizes (as Falkirk fans love to do), your budget will be much larger.

Finishing 5th is pretty good for our first season back and it's only next season that our lifeline scheme should provide give us 'extra' cash, when compared to the mid-table teams in this league.

We have also had a large expenditure building a new gym this season - we have no credit facility, so this has to be paid for in full, along with a large expenditure on stadium repairs. This information is all in the public domain, in a statement by the club at the release of financial statements. Again, this defeats your garbage about not knowing where our money's going. But why let facts get in the way of your pathetic argument?

It's also blatantly obvious that if people stopped paying their money, the budget would be cut. As has been made clear by our board (on numerous occasions), we have no credit facilities, which means that is our only option.

Just ignore the boring c**t and he will go away.

I don't hate Falkirk in the slightest. I think even Falkirk fans will concede that this 'rivalry' has been purely manufactured on their side because they don't have a similar sized club on their doorstep. 

That is totally fine. Anything that adds a bit of spice to a fixture is usually a good thing. I enjoy the atmosphere in the Falkirk games in the same way I enjoy the atmosphere against Cowdenbeath. Unbridled hatred from the opposition. 

I don't know what age you are but this rivalry has been going on a lot longer then you or I have been on the planet.

If the bod are having to put cash into a club to keep it going then its not being run right.

Let's not get all sanctimonious about that. We relied on that for years building up soft loans. We only cleared them by selling our best young talent too soon.

It says all ticket on FFC website but often announce you can pay at the gate nearer the time...anyone know if this likely this time?

I've never known a game against Falkirk or Raith at East End not to become PATG. Other than our game v Raith in 2011, which sold out in advance. I'd say you can be fairly confident that cash gates will be opened.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let's not get all sanctimonious about that. We relied on that for years building up soft loans. We only cleared them by selling our best young talent too soon.

I totally agree. That's why I stated that if the bod are putting cash into the club its not being run correctly. We weren't being run correctly at that point don't you agree? Fortunately we no longer rely on that and I wouldn't want us to have to rely on that kind of regular investment from directors or fans again. Its not a viable long term business plan in my book.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I totally agree. That's why I stated that if the bod are putting cash into the club its not being run correctly. We weren't being run correctly at that point don't you agree? Fortunately we no longer rely on that and I wouldn't want us to have to rely on that kind of regular investment from directors or fans again. Its not a viable long term business plan in my book.

I wouldn't hold my breath if the quality in the Boardroom is based on Hendersons ramblings of the last week are anything to go by.

Also lets not forget we lost 120k last season with Sevco and Hibs in the league AND selling Botti and Blair as well as add on's from Kingsley and Fulton.

So what will that be this season without Sevco?

If this trend continues eventually the cash windfall of two seasons ago will disappear unless we get out of this hellhole of a league.

Getting up is the only way we progress and bomb proof our club longer term IMO.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn't hold my breath if the quality in the Boardroom is based on Hendersons ramblings of the last week are anything to go by.

Also lets not forget we lost 120k last season with Sevco and Hibs in the league AND selling Botti and Blair as well as add on's from Kingsley and Fulton.

So what will that be this season without Sevco?

If this trend continues eventually the cash windfall of two seasons ago will disappear unless we get out of this hellhole of a league.

Getting up is the only way we progress and bomb proof our club longer term IMO.

That's why in my mind finishing second is very important due to the extra cash involved.. If we're going to progress we need to go for it next season in my opinion unless by some miracle we get up this year. The fans have been brilliant and very patient with us now getting bigger crowds than when we first got relegated. However, this won't last forever if we don't see a real attempt next season to go for it now that Hibs are out of the league. Plus as you say the player sales and add ons wont continue forever so we need to act now before they dry up. Even if there is extra investment I cant say I'm 100% convinced that Houston will use it correctly going on his track record of signings unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yes, in the same way our ticket sales, replica kit sales, pie money etc is paid upfront at the start of the season. We actually don't make any money through the season at all, because that would be very risky.

By the way, it was a Falkirk fan that started the discussion on the finances, you're literally wrong about everything.

Do most clubs these days not charge a company to run their matchday food and beverage sales which then means it doesnt matter how many pies or bovrils you sell as you've already got the cash up front? I know we do anyway.

Archived