Dunfermline v Falkirk

I was about to say the same thing, to suggest he is overweight is ludicrous. How much are we paying Clark btw, I have no idea? We posted a profit in the last financial report in May of 2016, it will be interesting to see the finances for this season.

Clark probably being paid a fair bit as we'd kept the coffers open to pay Faissal should he have decided to re-sign. Others such as Hopkirk probably don't earn very much. Must be tough for our rivals to see us doing okay whilst staying in budget.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Trump said:

All that profit and Moffat still gets a start up front for you lot.

The profit was only few grand. Nothing to write home about especially as if it wasn't for the poor shmucks paying money every month they'd be struggling. .

The profit was only few grand. Nothing to write home about especially as if it wasn't for the poor shmucks paying money every month they'd be struggling. .

Well no. Fans put money into the club, club spends money on players,
If fans put in less money the board would spend less. that's generally how football at this level works.

IMG_2735.thumb.JPG.6a7314bc114e695bd5401a195449756a.JPG

Is this our support the day you won the league when you were cheating ? If it is I applaud everyone who didn't go. I view it with pride that we had very few who went.

I'm offering 1/3 that BPM will tell us to get into 'these' at some point. Oh he hates fife.

Let's get into these Falkirk, there you go.

I don't hate Fife it is Dunfermline I hate

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If fans put in less money the board would spend less. that's generally how football at this level works.

maybe at your level...not at ours.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Yeah that's what season tickets are for and not asking your fans for even more money for players like moffat in return.And if it's just for players why does your last set of accounts say that it's crucial to the day to day running of the club? 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Who are you to tell other clubs fans how they should invest in their club?? Season tickets only Aye? Good one. I hope you never buy a programme, pint or pie at your club ever again.

Yeah and for my money i get a pie and bovril back. Your sticking money in a blackhole not knowing where its going and getting nothing back?  Is the cash even ringfenced for players or as it says in your accounts needed to simply keep you running which if true isn't good. It means your probably still running at a loss without it.

Our club is one of the, if not the most transparent there is now. I can't tell you how they ring fence every penny but I can tell you that the people running our club now are excellent at what they do.

Now Mr Financial Expert, I suppose you'll tell us juicy details of each of our players wages and what loss we'd make without our Lifeline fund? It's a great initiative especially for fans like myself who can't make most home games and want to contribute. Every club should have something similar.

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah that's what season tickets are for and not asking your fans for even more money for players like moffat in return.And if it's just for players why does your last set of accounts say that it's crucial to the day to day running of the club? 

Since the supporters own the club surely it's standard practice for the stakeholders to invest to see a return, would imagine the board at Falkirk put money into the club, we just have a lot more "members" who put far less in. Raith is purely run on the boards' handouts IMO it's safer to rely on a few hundred (900 plus) investors than say 10

It's quite funny how effectively a club lottery that we have run for 30+ years has now got people o so very upset.

It's really not too dissimilar to when I buy a 50/50 ticket or pay for a square on the football cards that amateur sides run.

Archived