Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep bit of honesty again from Ross McArthur. Leads from the front.

Not many club Chairman would have put that out.

As for the Falkirk managers rant well that just showed the difference in social awareness.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ironic to see you using the good graces of your chairman to highlight your own complete lack of dignity.

My own personal dignity is intact. Unlike your cheating player or that mental rant by your Manager.

Just to add I do not condone the behaviour of a minority of our fans. I had my say at the games regarding that.

The statement from the Chairman is decent.

Imagine spitting and hitting a volunteer. Fucking incredible seethe.

(clearly my 'I'll spit on them' comment was a joke - no way you could reach the players from my lofty seat in the MS at TFS.

Seems a few pars fans will be feeling like numpties after being banned.

Credit where it's due though, the pars chairman comments were decent. Not like the walloper we have. 

28 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

SCUMMY CLUB AND SUPPORT

CLUB STATEMENT
Wednesday, 26th Apr 2017
On behalf of the Board of DAFC, I am extremely disappointed that I need to release this statement regarding the conduct of a minority of supporters, hard on the heels of a previous notification I made in January about unacceptable conduct.

As ever, I fully recognise that it is a very small handful of supporters who continue to misbehave, but their actions are once again, sullying the good name of our club, and our wider supporters.
Myself and other club officials met with Police Scotland yesterday to review the events that took place in all of the four stands on Saturday. The Match Commander not only strongly expressed his view but concisely outlined his concerns clearly to us, but he was reassured by the swift actions that we now intend to take to ensure our club responds appropriately and firmly.

We have also been reminded that Police Scotland are happy to work with our club to ensure an appropriate risk based approach is taken to the deployment of Police Officers at future home matches. However, if the type of unacceptable conduct witnessed on Saturday continues, this may well result in less matches being police free in future, which creates unnecessary additional expenditure for our club, which in turn undermines the hard work of so many supporters who provide their time and support (financial or otherwise).

There are other Police investigations under way that I cannot comment on, which may result in further arrests and subsequent action. In addition, I will not be drawn on commenting on any events that took place on the field of play on Saturday as that is not how I like to conduct my business. Be rest assured though that, I and my fellow directors will always protect our clubs best interests, however we will use our judgement as to whether our thoughts or actions need to be put in the public domain.

I always believe in transparency, so as a result of their actions on Saturday five individuals in the home end will tomorrow receive banning orders with immediate effect. These range from: a period of 5 matches. until Christmas. and for a full season. At least three of the supporters are repeat offenders, one of whom had a previous one year banning order.

The offences included throwing coins and other objects on to the field of play (from the North West and Norrie Stands), as well as overly aggressive behaviour and failure to adhere to the ground regulations, or the instruction of stewards/Police. In addition, a female volunteer who assists our club was spat on, by one of our own supporters in the tunnel area after the match.

This action was not only totally irresponsible but highly dangerous. Football is a passionate game, and emotions can run high (particularly taking into account the exceptional circumstances at the weekend) but there can be absolutely no excuse for some of the actions that took place, such as throwing any form of missile or overly aggressive behaviour. These actions will not be tolerated at East End Park. As highlighted previously, anyone who involves themselves in this type of behaviour will have serious consequences both for themselves and our club.

It has been also now been determined that a season ticket holder provided his card to one of the offenders to gain entry to the stadium, who was subsequently arrested.
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank a number of supporters in the section of the North West Stand nearest the centre circle, who pointed out the individual who threw the coin from that area. Credit where credit is due, as it is important to acknowledge that it is only a minority of fans who believe they can misbehave or push the boundaries with our stewards/the police.

Finally, we are entirely conscious that we don’t want a sanitised atmosphere at East End Park, and a vociferous and noisy home support can be our 12th man, we are purely asking for supporters to act within the scope of our ground regulations, and behave responsibly. Accordingly, in the next couple of weeks before season tickets go on sale we intend to review our arrangements in terms of allocated seating and ground regulations, whilst I also intend to meet up in person with a number of supporters to look at the possibility of creating a designated area of the stadium, such as the corner of the North West Stand, to allow a safer and more controlled section for singing. In addition, it is hoped that this should not prevent any other supporters from viewing the match, from other sections of the North West Stand, which is the case at present.

As a club, we are trying to do our best for everyone, in a difficult situation, but at the same time we have to take our responsibilities very seriously, but we need ALL supporters to help us root out the minority who appear to want to deliberately cause damage to our club’s good name.
However, to the huge majority of our fan base to whom this statement is not directed, can I thank you once again for your continued support.

Ross McArthur
Chairman

Really good statement by your chairman. Very well articulated.

Dunfermline fans though. Worse I have seen since Airdrie in the 90s. Expect more bans to follow.

Good statement from Ross McArthur, I'm really liking him as a chairman.

Piss poor from the 5 (maybe more) individuals though, I'd rather they weren't allowed back tbh.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Really good statement by your chairman. Very well articulated.

Dunfermline fans though. Worse I have seen since Airdrie in the 90s. Expect more bans to follow.

Lets not all get high and mighty. I'm old enough to remember things from the 70's and 80's.

Games between us had a lot of trouble and I mean proper scrapping and violence.

Your wee scrotes attacking the Hibs fans didn't look great either.

All for a passionate rivalry and getting passionate at games but I won't ever condone *unt behaviour no matter where it happens.

Game is a game. Go home after it and get on with life, plus spout pish on the Net, which we're all doing.

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

Spitting on a female volunteer? Why the f**k would you do that?

No idea. No idea at all. Poor behaviour

No idea. No idea at all. Poor behaviour

I'm trying to think who would be volunteering at a football game, St. John's ambulance service worker or a first aider maybe something like that? That's unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Standing in the road of Falkirk players winding up our fans perhaps?

In no way does that make it acceptable in any way. Disgusting behaviour.

Why would you try to make up a reason for it if it doesn't make it acceptable?

Good statement from the chairman. At least ours doesn't make crazy rants about Brexit that even people working for the club think is utter pish.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Have you even read that article you utter moron? :lol:

I didn't actually. I thought it was the game at eep when they damaged seats. They also let off flares in the game Jordan McMullan got sent off in.

We damaged stuff at the Grangemouth stadium too. I also saw fans spitting at some pretend policeman from the Falkirk stewards running about in and out the crowd thinking he was Charles Bronson or something.

All clubs have scummy fans.

Spitting on a female volunteer? Why the f**k would you do that?

I can only imagine it was one of the fans down at the tunnel trying to spit at a Falkirk player, there were reports of that shortly after the game.

I'm trying to think who would be volunteering at a football game, St. John's ambulance service worker or a first aider maybe something like that? That's unbelievable.

The vast majority of people who work under Dunfermline on match days are volunteers, it could have been anyone, it's the female football team that work the turnstiles on match day sometimes, could have been someone affiliated with them, who knows.

FFS, I can't believe you lot are still banging on about this. 

Its done guys, turn the page and give yourselves peace. 

That's aimed at everyone by the way. This thread is now an embarrassment to both clubs. 

52 minutes ago, ka202 said:

The Pars have people doing all sorts of voluntary work on match days. Everything from working turnstiles, assisting with the disabled supporters, selling the 50/50 half time draw tickets, handing out the team sheets amongst the supporters in the clubs bars pre-match, and much more.

Archived