Dunfermline v Falkirk

I'm a bit annoyed at Houston 'admitting' that Hippo dived TBH. In real time it looks laughable but the still photos show that there is significant contact between the players. It's certainly not a fresh air dive ala Hopkirk for example.
I think this 'admission' is simply his way of trying to put a lid on things so as not to be distracted before the play-offs and to avoid the possibility of a lengthier ban being imposed in the event of any appeal failing. Taking it further would probably involve expense also which is not something that our board would want to do!

...or that he was guilty of the offence?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Crucifixion? Hung, drawn and quartered?

I would take the goal away which would mean Falkirk dropping 2 points.

Banning him for 2 games means he and Falkirk still benefited from his cheating. Same goes for Schalk against Celtic

I'd like to think that if we are in the same league next season that DAFC TV will not be allowed to film any footage of games at TFS after this.

Absolutely no one cares what you think tbh.

So I presume the next time one of your players does a hopkirk and gets away with it you'll be sending the evidence straight to the compliance officer to make sure he's punished? Its one thing doing it to get you own players off the hook but its bad patter doing it to get a fellow clubs  player banned though. I would hope that we never stoop that low.

You do realise it was the SFA who asked Dunfermline for the footage right? The best course of action to avoid getting done for being a cheat is to not cheat, very simple.

1 hour ago, mikedafc said:

I would take the goal away which would mean Falkirk dropping 2 points.

Banning him for 2 games means he and Falkirk still benefited from his cheating. Same goes for Schalk against Celtic

I'd give financial cheats a 10pts penalty for 5 or 10 yr, which may have seen the pars in the 4th tier the year you finished 7th in the 3rd tier.

I'd be more embarrassed on the Hopkirk dive, at least there was contact of sorts with Hippo, Hopkirk used a diving board and thin air to con the ref.

Dunfermline Athletic officials, players and their fans after one game have been shown to be grasses, shite at cheating, racists, cowards and foaming at the mouth belters. This is the game that keeps on giving. Please carry on.

You coughed up the cash yet?

If it helps, Back Post Misses is the gent you are looking for. Believe The Hype is one of the navy blue #Telt distributors that's been hounding your mob of Racist Wallaces all round this thread.

I'm here to bring some balance and stability to this mess. I love black pudding and never stitch up. Except when it's financial, I'm the biggest whistleblower. I'd be a cracking referee with the blowing I do on the whistle. Toot toot.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Dunfermline Athletic officials, players and their fans after one game have been shown to be grasses, shite at cheating, racists, cowards and foaming at the mouth belters. This is the game that keeps on giving. Please carry on.

You're believing your own hype mate.

Slavering hoor.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So I presume the next time one of your players does a hopkirk and gets away with it you'll be sending the evidence straight to the compliance officer to make sure he's punished? Its one thing doing it to get you own players off the hook but its bad patter doing it to get a fellow clubs  player banned though. I would hope that we never stoop that low.

Spoiler

Hopkirk's white though.

SCUMMY CLUB AND SUPPORT

CLUB STATEMENT
Wednesday, 26th Apr 2017
On behalf of the Board of DAFC, I am extremely disappointed that I need to release this statement regarding the conduct of a minority of supporters, hard on the heels of a previous notification I made in January about unacceptable conduct.

As ever, I fully recognise that it is a very small handful of supporters who continue to misbehave, but their actions are once again, sullying the good name of our club, and our wider supporters.
Myself and other club officials met with Police Scotland yesterday to review the events that took place in all of the four stands on Saturday. The Match Commander not only strongly expressed his view but concisely outlined his concerns clearly to us, but he was reassured by the swift actions that we now intend to take to ensure our club responds appropriately and firmly.

We have also been reminded that Police Scotland are happy to work with our club to ensure an appropriate risk based approach is taken to the deployment of Police Officers at future home matches. However, if the type of unacceptable conduct witnessed on Saturday continues, this may well result in less matches being police free in future, which creates unnecessary additional expenditure for our club, which in turn undermines the hard work of so many supporters who provide their time and support (financial or otherwise).

There are other Police investigations under way that I cannot comment on, which may result in further arrests and subsequent action. In addition, I will not be drawn on commenting on any events that took place on the field of play on Saturday as that is not how I like to conduct my business. Be rest assured though that, I and my fellow directors will always protect our clubs best interests, however we will use our judgement as to whether our thoughts or actions need to be put in the public domain.

I always believe in transparency, so as a result of their actions on Saturday five individuals in the home end will tomorrow receive banning orders with immediate effect. These range from: a period of 5 matches. until Christmas. and for a full season. At least three of the supporters are repeat offenders, one of whom had a previous one year banning order.

The offences included throwing coins and other objects on to the field of play (from the North West and Norrie Stands), as well as overly aggressive behaviour and failure to adhere to the ground regulations, or the instruction of stewards/Police. In addition, a female volunteer who assists our club was spat on, by one of our own supporters in the tunnel area after the match.

This action was not only totally irresponsible but highly dangerous. Football is a passionate game, and emotions can run high (particularly taking into account the exceptional circumstances at the weekend) but there can be absolutely no excuse for some of the actions that took place, such as throwing any form of missile or overly aggressive behaviour. These actions will not be tolerated at East End Park. As highlighted previously, anyone who involves themselves in this type of behaviour will have serious consequences both for themselves and our club.

It has been also now been determined that a season ticket holder provided his card to one of the offenders to gain entry to the stadium, who was subsequently arrested.
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank a number of supporters in the section of the North West Stand nearest the centre circle, who pointed out the individual who threw the coin from that area. Credit where credit is due, as it is important to acknowledge that it is only a minority of fans who believe they can misbehave or push the boundaries with our stewards/the police.

Finally, we are entirely conscious that we don’t want a sanitised atmosphere at East End Park, and a vociferous and noisy home support can be our 12th man, we are purely asking for supporters to act within the scope of our ground regulations, and behave responsibly. Accordingly, in the next couple of weeks before season tickets go on sale we intend to review our arrangements in terms of allocated seating and ground regulations, whilst I also intend to meet up in person with a number of supporters to look at the possibility of creating a designated area of the stadium, such as the corner of the North West Stand, to allow a safer and more controlled section for singing. In addition, it is hoped that this should not prevent any other supporters from viewing the match, from other sections of the North West Stand, which is the case at present.

As a club, we are trying to do our best for everyone, in a difficult situation, but at the same time we have to take our responsibilities very seriously, but we need ALL supporters to help us root out the minority who appear to want to deliberately cause damage to our club’s good name.
However, to the huge majority of our fan base to whom this statement is not directed, can I thank you once again for your continued support.

Ross McArthur
Chairman

Archived