Dunfermline v Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses
Can see it now. Think I'm missing something, so you two can charge on tbh.

I remember thinking at the time what an absolutely heartless comment to make.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember thinking at the time what an absolutely heartless comment to make.

Bairn till I die etc but do you think the same now? Was the post edited? Were you maybe a bit taken by the news?

Maybe Im cold but seems like a reasonable post to me.

Guest Back Post Misses
Bairn till I die etc but do you think the same now? Was the post edited? Were you maybe a bit taken by the news?
Maybe Im cold but seems like a reasonable post to me.

Maybe raw to me. He worked beside my son who was shattered

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

So what was the point I missed?

Will you match the MIND donation?

The point is football is never the be all and end all. It is just a game. It's 22 men kicking a bit of leather round a bit of grass. It doesn't take the tragic death of a player to come to that conclusion. 

At no point in that post did I mock a man who took his own life.

You lost the bet, BPM. As I said I'm happy to chuck a wee bit extra toward the charity I chose for winning the bet. Your choice whether you honour it or not. 

Guest Back Post Misses

The point is football is never the be all and end all. It is just a game. It's 22 men kicking a bit of leather round a bit of grass. It doesn't take the tragic death of a player to come to that conclusion. 

You lost the bet, BPM. As I said I'm happy to chuck a wee bit extra toward the charity I chose for winning the bet. Your choice whether you honour it or not. 

So will you match what I put in then?

1 minute ago, Jimmy85 said:

If the charity is a mental Heath one I'll throw in £50 on Thursday.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So will you match what I put in then?

I don't think you quite understand how a charity bet works. You lost the bet so you cough up. Out of good grace I am more than happy to contribute a wee bit extra to the kitty. 

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Right here is my take on it,Jimmy your post was tasteless and so soon after Chris took his life not needed,BPM has offered to donate to MIND if you match it.Will you do so?

There was nothing tasteless about it at all, Keith. And furthermore I certainly did not mock the death of Chris. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

That's a matter of opinion though.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

That's a matter of opinion though.

Ok. Where in that post did I mock someone who took their own life? It's not a matter of opinion. I clearly did not. The evidence is pretty clear. 

Guest Back Post Misses

There was nothing tasteless about it at all, Keith. And furthermore I certainly did not mock the death of Chris. 

You made light of it.

When I PM'd you you said I was missing the point but never explained your point.

So will you match my donation or not? You were prepared to cough up £100 at the weekend

You made light of it.

When I PM'd you you said I was missing the point but never explained your point.

So will you match my donation or not? You were prepared to cough up £100 at the weekend

What I did was make light of the game of football. Certainly not the death of the player in question. 

Feel free to honour the bet, or not, your choice. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Ok. Where in that post did I mock someone who took their own life? It's not a matter of opinion. I clearly did not. The evidence is pretty clear. 

I felt that it was an unnecessary comment at a sensitive time and a bit dismissive of the lad in question.

Guest Back Post Misses

What I did was make light of the game of football. Certainly not the death of the player in question. 

Feel free to honour the bet, or not, your choice. 

You made the bet not me.

I am prepared to put money into MIND. Will you match my donation, to a charity of your own choice. You don't attend games so you should have cash to spare

You made the bet not me.

I am prepared to put money into MIND. Will you match my donation, to a charity of your own choice. You don't attend games so you should have cash to spare

I'm really unsure as to why you're struggling so badly with this. At no point did I mock the tragic passing of Chris. I made light of the game of football. 

I've selected the charity so if you wish to donate that would be appreciated. If not that's entirely your choice. 

30 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

IMG_1493064985.869450.jpg

Amusing, but it doesn't quite beat the photo of Leahy mashing his ugly mug into the grass for me. The one of Sibbs mocking the rabid home fans is a belter as well.

Nothing tasteless about that comment. He's merely stating that it shouldn't take as serious an issue as a player's death (regardless of circumstances) for people to agree that football isn't the be-all and end-all.

Archived