Dunfermline v Falkirk

Its not a genuine question though is it? I say that because your refusal to acknowledge the bitterness between the sides is puzzling at best.

It has been there as long as I can remember, I am 31. Plenty older guys will say the same and like me, they will be unable to explain the reason for it I guess. But to say it doesnt exist is either trolling or ignorance/lack of knowledge.

Not particularly, there will be fans who probably do view Falkirk as a big rivalry game, they are in the minority though, likewise if you look long enough you'll find a few who view it as Airdrie.

The vast, vast majority though consider it to be Raith Rovers, as shown by us having more fans at there games.

Pars fans as a whole were pretty raging after the game, that's down to how the game panned out rather than who it was against, fans (including me) were raging after the Qots game earlier this season when it seemed a shocking refereeing decision had done us out of a point, however that subsided once it was apparent it was a fantastic decision by the referee.

It's not trolling or ignorance on Jimmys part at all, he will be far more aware of how the Dunfermline support approach these games compared to say the Fife Derby, it is apparent that the Falkirk fans are desperate for the game to be something it's not and it's pretty weird. It looked like you were trying to do similar with Hibs. It may well be why the record is so skewed towards Falkirk when the teams are of a pretty similar level, they elevate the game to being one of biggest of the season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I bet it was.

There's a reason you poltroons are named the Bairns. Immature to the max, just look at the state of you all on here.

No integrity or humility in your collective souls. Cheat and cheat some more.

Look at this dirty b*****d below.

18118420_291916441247362_2969109198999135582_n.jpg

Geggan is a physical player and might have been squaring up to some of our players at FT (and as a Fifer, devoid of soap) but I wouldn't call him overly dirty

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its not a genuine question though is it? I say that because your refusal to acknowledge the bitterness between the sides is puzzling at best.

It has been there as long as I can remember, I am 31. Plenty older guys will say the same and like me, they will be unable to explain the reason for it I guess. But to say it doesnt exist is either trolling or ignorance/lack of knowledge.

Yup, this^^^.  It beats me how this has come up again and again and again from some. There's been an intense and very evident rivalry since at least the mid-70's (and to further clarify yet again - that's a 'rivalry' not a derby we're talking about).

The two teams have fought it out head to head at the top of the Championship or the foot of the Premier (as was) several times since then. A 1-1 between us at EEP in 1989 gave them the title when we needed to win, or our 1-1 at Kilbowie in when defeat would've given them the title instead are just a couple. Then there's Super Tuesday, ST2, The Kasper Schmiechael/Alan Gow show, etc etc. 

I guess it's denial on their part because it usually ends in such salty, salty Fife tears... 

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

^^^ coward

You're welcome to join us next time out. Nelson is very welcoming. 

Post it if you wish

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Geggan is a physical player and might have been squaring up to some of our players at FT (and as a Fifer, devoid of soap) but I wouldn't call him overly dirty

Ankle stamping. Behaviour of a loser.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Post it if you wish

I'm still waiting on you quoting the post where I "mocked a guy who had committed suicide due to depression".

You've made it perfectly clear you're shying away from a charity bet on the subject for some bizarre reason though. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not particularly, there will be fans who probably do view Falkirk as a big rivalry game, they are in the minority though, likewise if you look long enough you'll find a few who view it as Airdrie.

The vast, vast majority though consider it to be Raith Rovers, as shown by us having more fans at there games.

Pars fans as a whole were pretty raging after the game, that's down to how the game panned out rather than who it was against, fans (including me) were raging after the Qots game earlier this season when it seemed a shocking refereeing decision had done us out of a point, however that subsided once it was apparent it was a fantastic decision by the referee.

It's not trolling or ignorance on Jimmys part at all, he will be far more aware of how the Dunfermline support approach these games compared to say the Fife Derby, it is apparent that the Falkirk fans are desperate for the game to be something it's not and it's pretty weird. It looked like you were trying to do similar with Hibs. It may well be why the record is so skewed towards Falkirk when the teams are of a pretty similar level, they elevate the game to being one of biggest of the season.

I'd agree tbh. It's certainly not a 'derby' but was once a decent enough rivalry. Even talking in the past 10 years I'd say our fans feelings towards these games have been diluted. The current gulf between the two sides has eliminated any competition to keep a rivalry ongoing. It's not even fun anymore. I dare say if we were both challenging for the league again it would bring the tastiness back. Saying that, I have family who are pars so these games are always interesting from my point of view.

10 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Your patter is well below zero. 

Stuck in the old proverbial desert.

Go back to collecting wall hanging flowery plates and leave the 'banter' to the real characters.

Have you played golf with Nelson? Maybe Lord Nelson as he was pretty good at taking on piracy...Jimmy, I'd take your Strathcarron Hospice bet on over this infamous game of golf with Nelson Mandela. Although, I do think you should invest the cash on a bed IN BELLSDYKE.  #Fruitloopfifers.

Yup, this^^^.  It beats me how this has come up again and again and again from some. There's been an intense and very evident rivalry since at least the mid-70's (and to further clarify yet again - that's a 'rivalry' not a derby we're talking about).
The two teams have fought it out head to head at the top of the Championship or the foot of the Premier (as was) several times since then. A 1-1 between us at EEP in 1989 gave them the title when we needed to win, or our 1-1 at Kilbowie in when defeat would've given them the title instead are just a couple. Then there's Super Tuesday, ST2, The Kasper Schmiechael/Alan Gow show, etc etc. 
I guess it's denial on their part because it usually ends in such salty, salty Fife tears... 

1989 was a while ago, there's not been a season in my time supporting Dunfermline where Falkirk have genuinely challenged Dunfermline for anything or vice versa. How on earth can there be an "intense rivalry" when the teams haven't been direct rivals for nearly 30 years?

I guess it's denial on your part because you just can't accept the rivalry is indeed so one sided.

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm still waiting on you quoting the post where I "mocked a guy who had committed suicide due to depression".

You've made it perfectly clear you're shying away from a charity bet on the subject for some bizarre reason though. 

Post my PM where I explain the circumstances.

Your reply to it was I was missing your point.

So what was your point? You never did tell me.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Falkirk flirting with the Play Offs each season
Dunfermline flirting with League One

1 point from 12. We know who the losers are....

You missed the point ...loser. 

More of a loser we'd be hard pressed to find for sure.

3 minutes ago, bairney said:

Have you played golf with Nelson? Maybe Lord Nelson as he was pretty good at taking on piracy...Jimmy, I'd take your Strathcarron Hospice bet on over this infamous game of golf with Nelson Mandela. Although, I do think you should invest the cash on a bed IN BELLSDYKE.  #Fruitloopfifers.

I've just fired him a whatsapp to arrange the next game so feel free to come along. Bizarrely his whatsapp says he was last active December 2013. Weird. Sure it won't be an issue though. 

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

18121714_1681460635480772_5908563195320921991_o.jpg

This is exactly why Murdoch has 2 black eyes. Kneed in the pus then that man cheated by diving.

Thanks for sharing that photo.

Amazingly perceptive of you to recognise such obvious cheating.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No, believe me, I did not.

Yeah you did. 

Go stick a huge letter L on your expansive ridged brow which is of course short for LOSER.

23 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Perhaps those games were big because there was more at stake than a mid table game. That's how things work in football, games when teams are going for promotion/relegation  tend to be bigger games no matter the opposition

What's this about a rivalry with Hibs Grants just mentioned? Are Falkirk fans just claiming a rivalry with them now too? 

For me Rovers is the derby and I have a large dislike for Airdrie if I had to choose any team

Archived