Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm not one of the fans trying to rewrite history. Falkirk was always the biggest rivalry IMO. Raith are a wee team from a town that prefers ice hockey. It's amusing to spank them so often. The Falkirk rivalry has dimmed as it's so long since we've competed at the same end of a league table.

based on today there should be some tasty encounters next year, if we do a falkirk in the play offs as per....

Guest Back Post Misses
While playoffs are a long way away I'd hope we'd go balls out to finish 5th, decent money in it.

Both times Falkirk won, Baird was integral, his pressuring high up the park just set the tone, he was quiet at EEP though. I'd far rather face McHugh or Austin. Falkirk fans go through stages of hating/loving players though, before the last game Craigan was getting pelters and he was the best midfielder on the park. Gallagher the left back was made out to be incredible and he was just a bit shite.

Would rather face Nathan Austin? You utterly gormless c**t

4 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Not much point in taking the high road about it when one of your own players was booked for diving 20 minutes later.

To be fair he saw how well it worked for your player for the penalty so thought it was worth trying

Won't lie, I was a #seething mess in the mad 5-10 minutes following the penalty. I was certain Murdoch touched the ball and couldn't believe the ref gave it. But it was 1-1 and we were still well in the game. Martin's challenge was silly and he got caught out and put us up against it.

It was other decisions as well as the pen that got to me; Hopkirk getting a yellow for a dive when he was tripped for example. Also felt Kerr was very lucky to avoid a red first half.

In terms of performance, we actually played fine for the most part and scored a good goal. We could've defended the winner better though.

At the end, I saw players / AJ go to the ref on the park, waited to clap the players then left. Had no idea there was a tunnel rammy until reading it on here.

I was fairly fuming immediately after, but it's gone now. The ref's made an erse of the pen but at least it won't impact our season. Just disappointed Murdoch had the double whammy of picking up an injury.

Just 2 guys having fun supporting their team. No harm in that.

I didn't actually believe they were Pirates, I can't imagine them causing any harm.

Likewise I can't imagine phoning your mate up the night before a game and saying "Here mate, ken what will be banter? Going to the game with a fake tashe and Pirate hat".

Nah, I'm alright.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didn't actually believe they were Pirates, I can't imagine them causing any harm.

Likewise I can't imagine phoning your mate up the night before a game and saying "Here mate, ken what will be banter? Going to the game with a fake tashe and Pirate hat".

Nah, I'm alright.

Fair point. Not my bag either.

Have to admit I was fucking raging at that decision. Add in the failure to red card Kerr and booking Hoppy for diving and you pretty much a full house of shite decisions.

It's hard to comment on the game without mentioning the above but after the first 25 minutes of absolute drivel from both teams we looked pretty good against the 2nd best team in the league. Great goal and not in any danger until the penalty. Lost it after that which is understandable I suppose although Martin doing what he always does doesn't help. Geggans header and Hoppy shot blocked were about as close as we came.

Falkirk weren't anything spectacular. Baird was his usual pest of a player but apart from that nothing special. Not sure how the play offs will pan out. Haven't been impressed by any of the teams involved. Hope United go up so we can get a shot at the Bairns again. Their players doing the pretend hard man antics at the end behind a line of stewards and police was laughable. Who is the wee c**t with the cropped blond hair? Was absolutely shite tbh but fair strode off the pitch like he'd won the game single handedly.

Anyway hope big Sean is OK.

Guest Back Post Misses
Have to admit I was fucking raging at that decision. Add in the failure to red card Kerr and booking Hoppy for diving and you pretty much a full house of shite decisions.

It's hard to comment on the game without mentioning the above but after the first 25 minutes of absolute drivel from both teams we looked pretty good against the 2nd best team in the league. Great goal and not in any danger until the penalty. Lost it after that which is understandable I suppose although Martin doing what he always does doesn't help. Geggans header and Hoppy shot blocked were about as close as we came.

Falkirk weren't anything spectacular. Baird was his usual pest of a player but apart from that nothing special. Not sure how the play offs will pan out. Haven't been impressed by any of the teams involved. Hope United go up so we can get a shot at the Bairns again. Their players doing the pretend hard man antics at the end behind a line of stewards and police was laughable. Who is the wee c**t with the cropped blond hair? Was absolutely shite tbh but fair strode off the pitch like he'd won the game single handedly.

Anyway hope big Sean is OK.

Taking it well

Archived