Dunfermline v Falkirk

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bit baffling that a genuine Falkirk fan can ref a derby game?

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Sums up how poor this league is (ourselves included) when that Falkirk team managed by Football Genius Peter Houston is probably going to finish second, and that the Dundee Utd team who have been so bad will probably finish third.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I could see his erection pop up from the main stand as soon as the potential was there to award the penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Where's this rumour came from? Seen it mentioned a couple of times but what basis does it have?

A quick google and he's got previous for howling decisions it seems.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm sure there was a guy on dotnet said he worked with him, but it's dotnet so who knows? 

:lol::bairn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only falkirk fan refereeing today was at tannadice. And he did us no favours by the sound of the first goal there.

He's generally just a bit incompetent. As a rule thumb don't trust anyone who's bald.
[emoji38]:bairn

Another top post from Rugster.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/05/08/devastated-mystified-edinburgh-city-stalwart-joe-mbu-lambasts-referee-gavin-duncan-following-fiery-east-stirlingshire-draw/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/loony-joons-referee-questioned-bottle-4083349

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/deaf-footballer-sent-off-for-celebrating-goal-1113059

Only other Falkirk game this season

Ayr United manager Ian McCall: "I'm not sure we did enough to win but I certainly don't think we deserved to lose.

"In the second-half we penned Falkirk in for long periods. We played well ourselves and got down the sides.

"The linesman has told me he's seen it (the penalty shout), the player almost pulled off his jersey. I thought the directive at the start of the season was to clamp down on that. The referee felt that both players were pulling. To everyone in the stadium it looked like a clear penalty and we didn't get it, but that happens."

Where do we get these c***s from?

As to the game itself. First half we were pretty good and Falkirk were pretty poor. We were playing the better football and had a couple of half chances and one good chance where Clark, as he seems to do often, headed it straight at the keeper. The goal was very well struck and we deserved our lead I'd say.

The second half was actually fairly even despite the ref, the heads gone from us, the numerical disadvantage and the good 15-20 minute spell Falkirk had when they scored. Their second goal was a decent one and quite ironic - when Miller was on they didn't put many good crosses in for him but they did when Austin replaced him. We had a few good chances on the counter and from set plays and I don't think any neutrals watching would have begrudged us a point. 

The main talking point of course had to be the ref. Where to start? He lost it early on, when he could have sent off Kerr for a nasty looking challenge on Geggan. We weren't angels either though, and I think Talbot was very fortunate he won the ball when tackling (I think) Miller and it looked like he went in with both feet off the ground. We then had a linesman who didn't know you can't be offside from a bye kick. The penalty looked iffy on first viewing but the reactions suggest (and a passing Falkirk fan on the way back to the car seemed to confirm) that it wasn't a foul. The red card is one of those which is probably fair enough although how clear a goalscoring opportunity it was (and whether Ashcroft was close enough to cover) is open to debate. To then give handball by Higginbotham when he was barged in the back, book Hopkirk for diving when he was caught (albeit the theatrics didn't help) yet give a few soft free kicks to Falkirk when there seemed little or no contact just summed it up. I don't think I've ever seen such a long, strenuous and large-numbered complaint at the end of a game before which paints a picture.

Still, we're safe and on that showing Falkirk will be with us next season too. Just need St Mirren to go down now for quite an interesting and open league next season.

Didn't think it was a red card at the time, Baird does what he always does and looks at the player and not the ball then bounced himself off him :unsure:

Surprised there was only one red card though, Dunfermline lost themselves that game today.

What a surprise, change the pairing of Kerr and Tommy T and we play better, who would have thought it?

Archived