Dunfermline v Falkirk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That'll be that, don't think we can be too harsh on the players, even with ten men we were still creating chances and were well worth at least a draw, I said at half time the ref was having a good game, he might have missed a couple of incidents however he was consistent and kept a lid on the game.

What happen in the second half though, osha. The players had to keep the heads though and you could tell they didn't start calming down until after the second goal. If Wedderburn hadn't had to get moved to Cb the goal probably doesn't happen, Sibbald had been absolutely anonymous in the first half, and for pretty much the whole game but it was a cracking delivery, I think Talbot ended up marking Fash and he'll be dissapointed at getting beat in the air but it was a good ball.

That's the season over now, it'll be a tough job by the manager to keep everyone focused for the last two games, Hopkirk showed up well outwith the dive and McCabe actually played better when we had ten men, he was everywhere. I look forward to hearing the justification from Aj on the Morris and Murdoch subs, if they're not for injury it was the wrong choice.

From the playoff sides I'd have Falkirk as being better than Morton but Utd have been the better side when we've faced them, I've got absolutely no idea what the standard is like in premier though, Hamilton were no great shakes when we played them, over two games I'd fancy Utd or Falkirk to potentially beat them.

So chuffed we're safe from relegation (unless we go bust in the next couple of weeks) and also pleased to still be fifth. 

We saw today that with our first 11 we are a decent enough team and if we can make good signings in the summer we could target 4th next season. We also saw a flashback to the early season with Hutton in goals and calamity defending. 

Masterstroke by Houston to try playing football for a wee spell. It could catch on.

AJ better get his substitutions sorted though. I'm beginning to question his competence at this level.

Good luck to Falkirk. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That'll be that, don't think we can be too harsh on the players, even with ten men we were still creating chances and were well worth at least a draw, I said at half time the ref was having a good game, he might have missed a couple of incidents however he was consistent and kept a lid on the game.

What happen in the second half though, osha. The players had to keep the heads though and you could tell they didn't start calming down until after the second goal. If Wedderburn hadn't had to get moved to Cb the goal probably doesn't happen, Sibbald had been absolutely anonymous in the first half, and for pretty much the whole game but it was a cracking delivery, I think Talbot ended up marking Fash and he'll be dissapointed at getting beat in the air but it was a good ball.

That's the season over now, it'll be a tough job by the manager to keep everyone focused for the last two games, Hopkirk showed up well outwith the dive and McCabe actually played better when we had ten men, he was everywhere. I look forward to hearing the justification from Aj on the Morris and Murdoch subs, if they're not for injury it was the wrong choice.

From the playoff sides I'd have Falkirk as being better than Morton but Utd have been the better side when we've faced them, I've got absolutely no idea what the standard is like in premier though, Hamilton were no great shakes when we played them, over two games I'd fancy Utd or Falkirk to potentially beat them.

Murdoch was injured. I thought he jarred his knee in the first half clearing it. Had an ice pack on it at full time. Morris, no idea.

So chuffed we're safe from relegation (unless we go bust in the next couple of weeks) and also pleased to still be fifth. 
We saw today that with our first 11 we are a decent enough team and if we can make good signings in the summer we could target 4th next season. We also saw a flashback to the early season with Hutton in goals and calamity defending. 
Masterstroke by Houston to try playing football for a wee spell. It could catch on.

It's the Houston way, sucker you in by being absolute shite for most of the game then get the result through the subs. Almost every week it's the same. No complaints though [emoji6]

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

The players substituted were injured.

I knew Murdoch was. 

Still doesn't detract from the fact he's made some honking decisions this season.

Bit baffling that a genuine Falkirk fan can ref a derby game?

Where's this rumour came from? Seen it mentioned a couple of times but what basis does it have?

A quick google and he's got previous for howling decisions it seems.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cheated out of a place in the SPL.

:lol:

The SPL doesn't exist and hasn't for years.

We've been cheated out of nothing. These things are decided over a season. Losing and drawing games we could have won is what cost us a shot at the playoffs, not a single referring decision.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

The SPL doesn't exist and hasn't for years.

We've been cheated out of nothing. These things are decided over a season. Losing and drawing games we could have won is what cost us a shot at the playoffs, not a single referring decision.

Hence the emoji. Wasn't being serious.

Archived