Dunfermline v Falkirk

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don't know what age you are but this rivalry has been going on a lot longer then you or I have been on the planet.

:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my tickets this morning and apparently sales have been slow with some pre-match meeting today where PATG is usually decided upon.

I'd assume there will be a cash gate for the hoards of Falkirk fans ready to fill the away stand [emoji106]???? looking forward to it!

34 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

If we don't go up this season, the Pre Season is one of the most important from the BOD in a long time.

If they come out and publicly back Houston with hard reddies and a clear intent on winning the league then the fans will back the club to the hilt.

That is enormous pressure for a club who may be in the same league as Dundee United or Morton (after the season they've had thus far) and possibly current Premiership clubs like Inverness, Hamilton, Dundee or Motherwell - any of whom would be desperate to get back to the top flight. If Falkirk were to say they're going for the title at the start of the season, a shaky start at 3rd or 4th would look like a failure compared to the high expectations. 

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:51, Shandon Par said:

AJ says Clark had been struggling with an ankle injury for six or seven weeks and took a kick on it last week. 

This potential Falkirk lineup chat is riveting stuff. Looking forward to another five and a half days of it.

FFS even the management are now making excuses for him not scoring. Let me get this right, he's struggled for 6/7 weeks, had lots of game time presumably, now after continuing to play he's had to miss a match, all without grabbing the headlines. Sounds like great man management there, or another example of nepotism!

Then again maybe he can't get his sock over the ankle tag after his run in with the law, just a thought.

Edited to say come on Falkirk, do these wannabies. Kerr, Baird and Kidd to do the business.

That is enormous pressure for a club who may be in the same league as Dundee United or Morton (after the season they've had thus far) and possibly current Premiership clubs like Inverness, Hamilton, Dundee or Motherwell - any of whom would be desperate to get back to the top flight. If Falkirk were to say they're going for the title at the start of the season, a shaky start at 3rd or 4th would look like a failure compared to the high expectations. 

I see what you mean but if the club sees itself as a Premiership club then at some point they need to make a push for it. None of the club's you mention are in the same financial league as Rangers, Hearts or Hibs so the club shouldn't get a free pass for not having a title challenge.

Potentially 2nd two years in a row with much bigger sides in the league does suggest that a bit of investment can take us up.

Hawk hating Dunfermline more than any Falkirk fan I've met is about as minterific as it gets. What an absolute fanny.

Missing this game as I'm travelling to Ireland. Reckon it'll be tight but just can't see us winning unfortunately. Not because of current performances but just purely because we can't get a win against Falkirk.

Anyone on here know the last time we actually beat the Bains? Surely must be that 3-0 win on the last day of the 2010/11 season when we won the league?

I'll go a score draw which in fairness I'd be happy with as it would guarantee Championship football next season.

3 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Missing this game as I'm travelling to Ireland. Reckon it'll be tight but just can't see us winning unfortunately. Not because of current performances but just purely because we can't get a win against Falkirk.

Anyone on here know the last time we actually beat the Bains? Surely must be that 3-0 win on the last day of the 2010/11 season when we won the league?

I'll go a score draw which in fairness I'd be happy with as it would guarantee Championship football next season.

Aye, the final day in 2011 must be the last time we beat them. I'd happily take a 3-0 home win, provided they improve on the shocker of an away support from that day.

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

Aye, the final day in 2011 must be the last time we beat them. I'd happily take a 3-0 home win, provided they improve on the shocker of an away support from that day.

I can't believe we took as many as we did!

23 minutes ago, smpar said:

You've got to go even further back for the last time you beat us when you weren't cheating financially.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You've got to go even further back for the last time you beat us when you weren't cheating financially.

Fucking worth it.

I'm suprised at that. I certainly wouldnt want to risk the entire future of our club for a couple of results  against you. Each to their own I suppose.

Surprisingly I don't think beating Falkirk was the main aim of Masterton.

Once again, you're utterly wrong.

Why was it a shocker?

It shows how much we care IMO.

70 was a sensational performance.

Archived