Colville park v Oban saints

dr lector

Motherwell's No 1 amateur team beat Oban away last week. The No 2 team might find it a wee bit harder. Oban getting beat last week will not have done them any harm and will now realise they really will have to be at their very best. Oban are a smashing group of guys and I'm sure they will Colville's a hard game!!

I see one of the Oban players is claiming on Twitter he was elbowed. Not from where I was, sour grapes from the boy.

From my view in the stands, the Saints 9 left one late on the centre half and then when the ball was up in the air a moment later he took an elbow in the face with the challenge from the Colville midfielder. He then shoved the boy to the ground after it and was sent off for it.

Correctly sent off but he definitely took one to the face. Not that it made any difference near the end with it already 3-1.

I almost agree with you Ewan. I don't think for a second it was an 'elbow'. I didn't even think about it at the game and don't hear it mentioned in the stands but I looked at the periscope video of it after I seen the tweet.

I don't think the Colville player has a look to see the Oban player and I don't think he bends his arm to raise his elbow. He does jump with his arms up, the ref could maybe have given a soft foul for the contact but I don't think there was enough in it. Utter stupidity from the Oban player to react but the game was gone by then.

Archived