Alloa Athletic 3 v 1 Brechin City

On 14/04/2017 at 14:11, Redwedge77 said:

At some point we are going to dish out a hammering to someone with the amount of chances we have been creating and tomorrow may just be it.

Mystic Meg did nt have a look in 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that was bizarre! I dont think the keeper was being malicious! him and spence seemed to be fooling around , very odd indeed, good goals though regardless.

had it won surely at that point anyway ...

sore one to take for the brechin fans that made the trip !

Terrific display from alloa today.  Absolutely fantastic. 

Team didn't have a weakness in it and it was exhibition stuff . Credit to the players and management team and long may this continue. 

Alloa were excellent and Brechin were shite. 6-1 didn't flatter us at all. 

Pretty much.

Not much in the game until Jackson's opener (a classy finish), but we stepped things up from then and were excellent for the rest of the game.

Conversely Brechin were surprisingly poor, lacking fight and leadership. Not sure what Smith did to get sent off, but well done to the lino for spotting it.

No failures for Alloa, but Flannigan my MotM for his two quality goals and controlling the game along with Holmer. Taggs and Waters were again excellent. The depth of our squad was in evidence today. Kirkpatrick and McKweon out, quality of Robertson, Hetherington and Longworth on the bench. Good to see young Adam Martin get some time on the pitch.

Not the best opening period to a game for us, classy finish for jacko he will always cause you problems.

Having said that done well to get back into it and kill the game off early on.

If you dont play your best players i think you will struggle to win games, trouten left out again baffling, never watched james dale playing until today but thought he had a good game.

Some good performances from the usual suspects and a few really well taken goals.

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

We ve been shite since Xmas but anytime City fans tell the truth on here we get slaughtered from fellow fans ... we re just a bunch of clobbers .. I believe we ve good players in our squad but how the hell Caldwell gets a start before Trouton heaven knows... Time Darren sorted it out and came up with a plan B

Wasn't at the game, but what the hell happened, we haven't really controlled a game this year so not really concerned about getting out played,we have relied on a strong defence and one good striker all season !!! The bench dyer trouten fusco and Mccormack get these guys in, we need players that can deal with pressure , what happened with buzz, 

7 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Wasn't at the game, but what the hell happened, we haven't really controlled a game this year so not really concerned about getting out played,we have relied on a strong defence and one good striker all season !!! The bench dyer trouten fusco and Mccormack get these guys in, we need players that can deal with pressure , what happened with buzz, 

you guys had a bad day, we were good but brechin did not defend as well as they could i believe, that said the finish at the set piece goals were excellent

if it is any consolation you scored with your only shot at goal...

Sums it up really. Didn't think we could be any worse than down at Airdrie last week but boy we managed it with aplomb.

A reasonable start and a neat finish from Jacko to put us ahead was as good as it got for us. After that it was grim viewing.

Some really bizarre decisions from Dods today. With effectively a full squad why are we starting Ross Caldwell? He was far from being the worst player on the park today but why he'd get a start when he has other options at his disposal is beyond me.

Why on earth did Ally Love get pushed further back when Chris O'Neill went off? Why wasn't O'Neill replaced by Willie Dyer and if Dyer wasn't fit enough, why didn't he just move McLean to the left? Having Love back there left us totally bare going forward and a guy playing out of position.

Defending was an absolute shambles. Midfield look like they were playing with each other for the first time. Didn't see what Buzz did to be sent off but he's a loose cannon and don't doubt for one minute that he did something stupid to merit a red.

Credit to Alloa, they are a very good side and they put us to the sword today. They are the 2nd best side in the league by quite some distance in my opinion. The depth of their squad is ridiculous.

We are fortunate both Airdrie and East Fife lost as well otherwise we'd have had a lot of work to do. Two home games and then a trip to struggling Stenny to come so we've got as much chance as anyone else for a playoff spot but boy do we need to improve on recent weeks.

3 very hard games though ...Stenny are fighting for they re lives ... I think we d a better team last year with Thommo and some of the young lad s on loan ... 

There aren't any easy fixtures in this league but our last 3 are about as favourable as they come. Home to current 8th and 7th placed teams then a trip to what may well be an already relegated Stenny. The other play-off hopefuls have to play each other as well.

10 hours ago, 'Steve said:

Sums it up really. Didn't think we could be any worse than down at Airdrie last week but boy we managed it with aplomb.

A reasonable start and a neat finish from Jacko to put us ahead was as good as it got for us. After that it was grim viewing.

Some really bizarre decisions from Dods today. With effectively a full squad why are we starting Ross Caldwell? He was far from being the worst player on the park today but why he'd get a start when he has other options at his disposal is beyond me.

Why on earth did Ally Love get pushed further back when Chris O'Neill went off? Why wasn't O'Neill replaced by Willie Dyer and if Dyer wasn't fit enough, why didn't he just move McLean to the left? Having Love back there left us totally bare going forward and a guy playing out of position.

Defending was an absolute shambles. Midfield look like they were playing with each other for the first time. Didn't see what Buzz did to be sent off but he's a loose cannon and don't doubt for one minute that he did something stupid to merit a red.

Credit to Alloa, they are a very good side and they put us to the sword today. They are the 2nd best side in the league by quite some distance in my opinion. The depth of their squad is ridiculous.

We are fortunate both Airdrie and East Fife lost as well otherwise we'd have had a lot of work to do. Two home games and then a trip to struggling Stenny to come so we've got as much chance as anyone else for a playoff spot but boy do we need to improve on recent weeks.

Agree entirely with this , nothing much more can be added.   What I find bizarre is that we have gone from having the best defence in the league up till November to this disorganised shambles.  How we are still in with a chance of the play offs beats the hell out of me. 

On a seperate issue , what do Alloa have against away fans ? They send them to the furthest corner of the ground for entry, charge championship prices to get in , have no reduction for students  and don't sell them half time draw tickets ( for fear of one of them winning ? )  .    Not very welcoming.  

Archived