Alloa Athletic 3 v 1 Brechin City

We pay the same over at the other end , but you have a point about the entry turnstiles , it baffles me why they dont let you in on the road end !

at least you get the scran at morags , write to the club and let your feelings be known ! they f*cking well wont listen to thier own fans thats for sure

as for the draw tickets the lassie that sells them volunteers and can't be in 2 places at once i suppose but good point .....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb performance from the boys today when Flanny is on his game he is unplayable pulled the strings the whole game. His second goal I don't think you'll see a better touch and strike the keeper never seen it till it was in the net. Defo goal of the season.

Brechin defence was at sixes and sevens Dougie Hill needs to be put on suicide watch looked totally dejected even before we scored. The keeper was having a bit of banter at 2 - 1 after he lost the plot with his defence for the umpteenth time said if you don't win by three there's something far wrong.shows there something wrong with the team. His sending off was bizarre had a bit of banter with spence just before it then spence backed into him as ball comes in and the keeper Didn't grabbed him but put both hands on upper arms and pushed him out his space not overly hard spence proceeds to stumble and fall Lino flags up and he's away. Very soft I felt but did not affect the result in my opinion

291a390c21d4ae09ae5ecaacad4a52eb.jpg8c45ab62290e13b1646d21687161e03f.jpgb0c5c2acec23aac6a45218664e3b9422.jpg

Dougie Hill had a mare. Wee Adam Martin out muscling him and showing more desire to win the ball off him as he drove forward summed his day up. Look forward to potentially seeing a bit of Martin/Hoggan in next 3 games but got to keep the main lads match sharp for play offs.

they have no reduction for students 

I'll back them up on this tbh.

I see student reductions as a way for university town/city teams to attract local students that are more likely to be neutrals, as opposed to dropping income for folk that would most likely go anyway.

Can't quite see Alloa bringing in any idle Stirling Uni mob, who should be supporting their LL outfit if anything. Aberdeen, for example, dropping prices down to Alloa type prices for a home game in a student city is another matter. I realise that this means it costs a student the same to go to the Recs as it does to see Scotland's 2nd best team, but this reflects the wider problem with pricing across the board.

I say this despite having a student card again btw!

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Agree entirely with this , nothing much more can be added.   What I find bizarre is that we have gone from having the best defence in the league up till November to this disorganised shambles.  How we are still in with a chance of the play offs beats the hell out of me. 

On a seperate issue , what do Alloa have against away fans ? They send them to the furthest corner of the ground for entry, charge championship prices to get in , have no reduction for students  and don't sell them half time draw tickets ( for fear of one of them winning ? )  .    Not very welcoming.  

Maybe been better if they d not let you in at all:shutup. .

Agree about defence etc ... I just think we re playing like a good junior team these day s more hard work ( well thats the idea ) and hammer throwers ... Macormacks nvr done us a bad turn really ... Its like we re too heavy on defenders and hes keeping them all happy

Not a single failure yesterday. Great performance.

If Taggart first half of the season was as good as his 2nd has been he'd be our player of the year.

26 minutes ago, pencils said:

Not a single failure yesterday. Great performance.

If Taggart first half of the season was as good as his 2nd has been he'd be our player of the year.

yeah not only is he making great runs and crosses, he is now skinning one or two players on the way , fantastic performances from the lad recently makes the POTY so difficult , a good problem to have ! There was a "murdur" at the recs yesterday and this taggart was certainly involved !

Brilliant highlights again, mate. Been a superb addition this year. Well done.

Good to see we are multi-camera now - especially capturing Smith's petulant kick at Spence. Dodds should kick his arse.

Flanny's two goals! Eh? [emoji7]

10 hours ago, printer said:

Brilliant highlights again, mate. Been a superb addition this year. Well done.

Good to see we are multi-camera now - especially capturing Smith's petulant kick at Spence. Dodds should kick his arse.

Flanny's two goals! Eh? emoji7.png

As well as his first was struck, the keeper really should have done better- paper hands.

Archived