Fife is great

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Fife is like anywhere else, good bits and bad bits, I stay in a bit that has already drawn scorn (Rosyth) but in one of the nicer bits (there are a fair few).  Is it where I'd stay after a lottery win, probably not but for real life its great for us, suburbia is pretty much suburbia and my missus is happy enough which is key.  I grew up in St. Andrews but couldn't wait to get out which I did at 18.  I go back every week to see my mum and do my chores and while I 'could' stay there, certainly more so than the edgy 18 year old me could, it would only be a matter of time before I beat a St. Andrews student to death. :guns

To sum up, it never ceases to amuse me when folk from one part of the country are desperate to find differences between their wee bit and another wee bit to try and gain some kind of superiority.  I used to love living in Edinburgh as a young man, some of the best days of my life but I'd hate it now, Edinburgh like anywhere has some beautiful bits, adjacent to some shiteholes. Its the same the world over, at least so I've heard, apart from Embra, I've only been out of Fife a couple of times...... 

On 4/19/2017 at 16:53, Scary Bear said:

I stay in Kirkcaldy. I have a cavalier attitude to safety.

Dunfermline on a Saturday night could be a bit hairy as well. At the KB dancing to Horace Demarco and his All Stars, all the while looking for a Tiffy to punch.

Cowdenbeath = Red Pudding Suppers. Heaven, particularly if you were a Partick fan.

Ah Fife. You cannae whack it.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah I was old Queen Anne as well. It got demolished a few years after I left

Some of the Google Earth images still have the old building on it. Means that when you hover the little yellow guy over the map and see the new streets superimposed in blue, you can go into Streetview and see who's garden you learned German in (eg. 'The Footering House') . Creepy, yet cool.

Was told once that a day in Fife was a day in your life wasted. I was told this by a man from Coatbridge. What can you make of this genius?

That man has never had an ice cream in St Andrews on a sunny day, after a drive along the beautiful East Neuk coast.

The fact you have taken advice from a man who chooses to live in Coatbridge marks you out as a daftie.

Have had many pleasant days in Fife, when I was a kid holidays in Anstruther were a regular thing, still have day trips with the good lady wife, not much wrong with Fife in my opinion, Coatbridge on the other hand, don't do many day trips to that part of this great country.

Just passing through Inverkeithing on the train.
It's still a shitehole. Not much changes.

True. And that sewage works means Ferrytoll park and ride constantly smells like someone has farted if the wind is in the wrong direction.

However, the stretch between Aberdour and Kinghorn offers nice views of the coastline and you get to see the seals on the rocks and the occasional heron.

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

True. And that sewage works means Ferrytoll park and ride constantly smells like someone has farted if the wind is in the wrong direction.

However, the stretch between Aberdour and Kinghorn offers nice views of the coastline and you get to see the seals on the rocks and the occasional heron.

Its a good stretch of the Coastal Path too. 

Archived