Fife is great

Fife is great if you are into motorsport, stock car racing at Lochgelly and Cowdenbeath,

In all fairness if you are into stock cars you are inevitabley a bit simple.

It is no surprise that Lochgelly and Cowdenbeath host such events.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I moved to New Zealand to spread the message that Fife is life! There should be an influx of Kiwi's into Ballingry and Cupar anytime now.

Flightless birds running around 'The Kingdom'..... should be easy prey for the locals. :1eye

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You forgot me

You also forgot the shy & retiring Fay Fife of The Rezillos.  Although "Top Of The Pops" was their biggest (only) chart single, how can you not love the Fife anthem & ballad   "Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight".   ??

/

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

You also forgot the shy & retiring Fay Fife of The Rezillos.  Although "Top Of The Pops" was their biggest (only) chart single, how can you not love the Fife anthem & ballad   "Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight".   ??

/

Fleetwood Mac did a better, earlier cover.

In 1976 my wife and I got stuck in Dalgety Bay for a few hours when my car died.  The waiting room at the train station was like something out of a war movie and the town looked like it was stuck in the 50's.  We had about a three hour wait on the train by which time I was an expert on all things Howard Hughes who had died that week.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In 1976 my wife and I got stuck in Dalgety Bay for a few hours when my car died.  The waiting room at the train station was like something out of a war movie and the town looked like it was stuck in the 50's.  We had about a three hour wait on the train by which time I was an expert on all things Howard Hughes who had died that week.

f**k sake. The 1950s had only finished 17 years earlier.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Well done you auld c**t, the Railway Station at Dalgety Bay didn't open until 1998, the old Donibristle Halt closed in 1959, so which was it?

Fife is great if you are into motorsport, stock car racing at Lochgelly and Cowdenbeath, Knockhill for car and bike racing along with trackdays and karting. Driftland at Lochgelly for err drifting, drag racing at Crail along with trackdays and rallies. Pretty sure the scottish off road centre is near kinross. So aye Fife is petrolhead heaven

There also used to be an off-road race track near Newburgh as well i think?

Well done you auld c**t, the Railway Station at Dalgety Bay didn't open until 1998, the old Donibristle Halt closed in 1959, so which was it?

You've just confused him now. It was probably Inverkeithing or Rosyth or he dreamt it. It's terrible getting old.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

48 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You've just confused him now. It was probably Inverkeithing or Rosyth or he dreamt it. It's terrible getting old.

Spot on, it was Inverkeithing not Dalgety Bay.  I take back all my comments about the former and direct them at the latter.

My car actually died on the Forth Road bridge and we got a lift to the closest place with a station that was Inverkeithing.

I lived in Fife for nearly 20 years. It was raining.

You must like rain. Where did you flit to?

Did the incident with the cows and the sledgehammer take place in Fife?

Archived