Football Podcasts

Guest bernardblack

On 09/08/2017 at 23:43, the jambo-rocker said:

Starting to feel like the Football Podcasts are stacking up.

Scottish Football

Terrace Podcast - Cos it's well good.

Sportsound - I find myself screaming into the void more often than not at it, but the interviews can be really good.

TwoPointOne - The guys from Scope (that OF peddling attempt). I'm willing to get it a shot on the basis that some of their articles have been better than I expected.

Nutmeg - From the guys behind the quarterly. I imagine it will be also on a quarterly basis at least though.

Outside Scotland content

Football Ramble - Good humour and they do pay lip service to Scottish Football. (They're bringing out a European Show on Wednesdays as well this season)

Guardian (which I will probably chuck although Thursday's show was not as bad as I thought it would be), which will basically be the Totally Football Show, but better.

TalkSport2 European Football Show Podcast

Hearts content

Monday Night Football - Hearts and Hibs stuff.

Blood doesn't show on a Maroon Jersey

There is The Hearts Review, but that's not very good.

Outside the usual

The SV Podcast - Spielverlagerung website, which is very good for tactics, although it does come out sproadically.

The Lob Podcast - From the guys behind The Set Pieces. They look at stuff like Serie A in the 90s, Catalan football, Chapeconense Disaster, One Club Stalwarts and all that other hipster shite.

Quickly Kevin will he score Podcast - I really good look at 90s nostalgia. The Champ Man, and Steve Bruce where top notch.

And breathe...

Tried the lob based on subject matter but the main guy annoyed me and his voice had me nodding off so gave up towards the end. Shame as the guy from the gentleman ultra was on and I quite like his writing. New James Richardson one was as you were, didn't reckonise a few of the guys on the guardian one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 10:19, Forfinn said:

Quite enjoyed the first Totally Football Show.  It was pretty much Football Weekly with the addition of Julien Laurent and Kelly Cates as new guests (neither of whom used to appear on FW).  I'll stick with Football Weekly too for a while, but if Jonathan Wilson starts appearing on TFS too, FW will become less of a priority.

I was sure Laurent had popped up on FW a couple of times in the past? Wasn't a regular by any stretch but I thought he had turned up a couple of times at least.

I've found myself following Richardson and heading off to the TFS (terrible name as others have said) though I don't mind Rushden too much so I'll keep tuning in for FW every now and then. Whichever show has the better guests will probably win my interest.

Edited by RiG

Who listens to The Game from The times? I've listened for about 10 years but it's really beginning to annoy me, between Alyson Rudd's utter nonsense and Gab Marcotti's condescending tone with everyone and his heavy sighing and breathing when someone else is talking - even if they agree with him. I like it because after the review of the weekend's games it usually looks at different stuff to Football Weekly and the Totally Football Show but it's getting pretty irritating.

22 minutes ago, forameus said:

Couple of the people from the Football Ramble (Marcus and Luke I think) are starting a new podcast around European football with James Horncastle and Andy Brassel.  Think the first episode is either today or tomorrow.

Later today, I believe. Looking forward to that.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:39, RiG said:

I was sure Laurent had popped up on FW a couple of times in the past? Wasn't a regular by any stretch but I thought he had turned up a couple of times at least.

I've found myself following Richardson and heading off to the TFS (terrible name as others have said) though I don't mind Rushden too much so I'll keep tuning in for FW every now and then. Whichever show has the better guests will probably win my interest.

Tbh, I was guessing Laurent had never been on FW.  I've listened to FW for years, but never religiously so it's possible I've missed the occasional appearance.  Phillipe Auclair was always the resident French football expert.

I've listened to every episode of The Totally Show so far.  I'm enjoying it.  I was quite apprehensive about the introduction of former pros, but both Leroy Rosenior and David Preece have been interesting (although the latter more than the former).

And I haven't listened to FW since the first episode with Rushden as permanent host.  It's nothing personal, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Cheers. Aye podcasts are brilliant for listening to on the go. I might try and stick with the terrace, see if as you say it grows on me. Already listen to soccer fm, do enjoy listening to that.

The terrace is brilliant. I actually prefer the episodes where the cover the lower leagues as it's usually Shaughn and Craig Telfer as guests and they're fuckin brilliant. Weird that Lichtie doesn't like Gary or Duncan but then he does support Arbroath so can't be trusted.
It's well worth sticking with.

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

Tbh, I was guessing Laurent had never been on FW.  I've listened to FW for years, but never religiously so it's possible I've missed the occasional appearance.  Phillipe Auclair was always the resident French football expert.

I've listened to every episode of The Totally Show so far.  I'm enjoying it.  I was quite apprehensive about the introduction of former pros, but both Leroy Rosenior and David Preece have been interesting (although the latter more than the former).

And I haven't listened to FW since the first episode with Rushden as permanent host.  It's nothing personal, there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Have read a few of his articles in Mundial, and always thought he came across really well. 

Will give that podcast a try.

On 22/08/2017 at 11:28, Stu said:

Who listens to The Game from The times? I've listened for about 10 years but it's really beginning to annoy me, between Alyson Rudd's utter nonsense and Gab Marcotti's condescending tone with everyone and his heavy sighing and breathing when someone else is talking - even if they agree with him. I like it because after the review of the weekend's games it usually looks at different stuff to Football Weekly and the Totally Football Show but it's getting pretty irritating.

Yeah marcotti is annoying although I really like James scowcroft despite his admitted leanings. Listened to James Richardson on smersh pod today reviewing Robin Hood prince of thieves which was quite amusing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, juansebastianvernon said:

I'm listening to both - finding Kelly Cates to be a bit difficult to listen to on Totally Football Show tbh

Annoying c**t of a woman imo.... Remember her on fighting talk rambling on about tokenism in sport and how only talent not outside influences should be a factor in gaining a place in sports...... Kelly Cates everyone....or as she's better known Kenny's daughter.

2 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Annoying c**t of a woman imo.... Remember her on fighting talk rambling on about tokenism in sport and how only talent not outside influences should be a factor in gaining a place in sports...... Kelly Cates everyone....or as she's better known Kenny's daughter.

don't dare speak about the Kings daughter like that you foul mouthed schizoid

I think he's class despite his mackem leanings. 

I once bought a football magazine before a flight and in it was an article he'd writren comparing Man City's formation to the Queen's Park formation of the 1890's. In it, he'd invented a name (forget what it was) for a wide forward. It's footballing hipster nonsense.