Glasgow City Centre Heads gone...

peasy23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only person that this person killed was himself - does that now count as terrorism?

Ah sorry I misread it. Still he attacked a guy and then killed himself so are we just going to ignore the guy he attacked?

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Ah sorry I misread it. Still he attacked a guy and then killed himself so are we just going to ignore the guy he attacked?

Yes. f**k him.

The Police / Ambulance aren't allowed on railway lines so they have to be accompanied. I've known a few people who have found bodies and had to sit whilst they're scraped off the track.

I've recently retired from BTP and I've been first on scene at quite a few fatalities and have always gone straight onto the track but only after checking with Network Rail that it's safe to do so. It's not a very pleasant job picking up the bits but it's something that you just have to do. I once attended a fatality and when the head was moved I immediately thought to myself "I think I know this person " and I did, I was at school with them,not good. I've known some drivers never returning to driving duties because of the effects on them.

5 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

I've recently retired from BTP and I've been first on scene at quite a few fatalities and have always gone straight onto the track but only after checking with Network Rail that it's safe to do so. It's not a very pleasant job picking up the bits but it's something that you just have to do. I once attended a fatality and when the head was moved I immediately thought to myself "I think I know this person " and I did, I was at school with them,not good. I've known some drivers never returning to driving duties because of the effects on them.

Never had the misfortune to clear that up, but I've spoken to a couple of blokes who were driving following trains and we're first to notice the body parts. Both drivers who had hit the people hadn't known anything about it.

One described a body split up the middle, the posture and angle of one half meant an arm was pointing out/upwards. He had been ordered to stop the train and spent the next wee while with half a person "waving" to him.  Unsurprisingly he was a bit freaked out.

Archived