QP v Albion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result and I really can't believe we're sitting 3rd top. Ryan Mcgeever was absolutely tremendous at the back, stopping us going one behind with an inch perfect tackle and Galt's goal was unbelievable with flashbacks of the Clyde goal he scored. Unbelievable to think the job Gus has done to the team, sitting bottom of league 2( by a considerable distance) to even contemplating a playoff position to the championship. Some tough fixtures coming up and got a feeling it's going to go down to the last game at Airdrie. What a great season!

McGeever immense again.    Delighted too for Ewan McPherson, he's not going to smash through defences, but works hard and you can't argue with his goal ratio to starts!

Galt's great to watch and he knows how to hit the ball, but really the team all work hard for each other on and off the ball. Credit to Gus!

Thought mcgeever was man of the match. Albion unlucky not to have their captain best half back and striker not playing for them . Would . love to have the Dunlops playing for us again . Great team performance today six points should get us in play offs . Think we are lucky to have a manager like Gus as it makes the difference between losing and winning at this level .

It takes lots of ingredients to be a winner in football, much of it in the head. After the Brechin game at the end of February we looked like a team that might avoid relegation but not much more. Fair enough and what we hoped for in August.

Then a solid run against the 'big' teams not only kept us in the mix but proved this group could compete at this level. But for what gain if we then failed against teams that are our peers? And again the team stepped up, did their job well and got their reward. Gus and the squad have got the feelgood back in the stands but I'm pretty certain there's even better times to come.

Happy, happy days.

Another good solid performance. David Galt's goal brought back Broadwood memories. On a more negative note, some of our fans need to get a grip. Third in League One and absolutely seething at every misplaced pass and back pass. Some goon wanted Foy off at half-time. Don't get me wrong, he had a few shaky first half moments, but come on tae f**k....

Some goon wanted Foy off at half-time. Don't get me wrong, he had a few shaky first half moments, but come on tae f**k....
yep some nervy moments in first half and more negativity from usual suspects in our home 'support'
Think Foy's done really well since he came in and keeping Wharton out of the team speaks for itself
Thought mckernon looked a bit off the pace first 20 and captain fantastic big mcgeever got him out of jail with perfect sliding tackle
Great finish from McPherson pleased to see him get reward and another more than useful contribution from Orsi off the bench

Highlights are up, missed the 2nd goal as I hadn't realised the second half had kicked off, what a strike!

Also great interview with Gus, there really seems be a great attitude amongst the players at the moment

Archived