QP v Albion

Given the importance for both teams I'm surprised that there hasn't been a posting yet .....anyway what's your thoughts ?

Another draw with both teams defence minded or a 'throw caution to the wind' performance producing a football spectacle which will be long remembered as 'that game'.

Answers on a postcard.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Given the importance for both teams I'm surprised that there hasn't been a posting yet .....anyway what's your thoughts ?

Another draw with both teams defence minded or a 'throw caution to the wind' performance producing a football spectacle which will be long remembered as 'that game'.

Answers on a postcard.....

With both teams really needing wins rather  than draws then you would expect both to go all out, however Queens don't really have a real striker and Albion don't ever attack teams.

Queens to have lions share of possession but create little , Albion to set up camp on edge of their own box and hope to hit on break.

under 2.5 goals is the bet 

Ross rarely gets booked, having good pace for recovery. It was inevitable that Mick would accumulate the points and I've no idea how we adjust to his absence - no other centre-back in the squad. McBride to step back? Or to try a three with Gilmour in there? It'll be a radical line-up from us - good job we're safe.

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

That's for next week. The one I put up shows first game after 11/4, which is this Saturday.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/PlayerSuspensions/LOS38 (30 Mar 2017) CW.pdf

28/03/2017 ALAN REID (ALBION ROVERS F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/04/2017

28/03/2017 MICHAEL DUNLOP (ALBION ROVERS F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/04/2017

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That's for next week. The one I put up shows first game after 11/4, which is this Saturday.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/PlayerSuspensions/LOS38 (30 Mar 2017) CW.pdf

28/03/2017 ALAN REID (ALBION ROVERS F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/04/2017

28/03/2017 MICHAEL DUNLOP (ALBION ROVERS F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM MATCH FROM 11/04/2017

It's just an updated list, includes the players you've mentioned ;)

With Mick Dunlop out, I reckon we have a terrific chance to scoop up the three points.  The big fella is still as commanding as he was all those years ago for us and I reckon that this might be the day that (gulp!) we tot up more than two goals in the same game.  Zanatta is developing into a real handful and, with McKernon back (I'm assuming he is), the midfield will look after itself.  Galt seems to have more self-confidence and even with Millen missing at the back, we have cover in defence.  I'd like to see us push up; with (probably) no need to look behind us, I reckon that Gus will be on the offensive.

Looking forward to it, with a keen eye on the results elsewhere.

11 hours ago, LiviLion said:

It's just an updated list, includes the players you've mentioned ;)

Cheers. Didn't spot all the historical pages. See QP have also got a player in the Championship list. Admin must be a QP fan that's got a bit carried away :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, The Pastmaster said:

Mick Dunlop and alan Reid suspended for Vers for this one ?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

With Mick Dunlop out, I reckon we have a terrific chance to scoop up the three points.  The big fella is still as commanding as he was all those years ago for us and I reckon that this might be the day that (gulp!) we tot up more than two goals in the same game.  Zanatta is developing into a real handful and, with McKernon back (I'm assuming he is), the midfield will look after itself Galt seems to have more self-confidence and even with Millen missing at the back, we have cover in defence.  I'd like to see us push up; with (probably) no need to look behind us, I reckon that Gus will be on the offensive.

Looking forward to it, with a keen eye on the results elsewhere.

I was impressed by Rovers midfielders and their pressing game a couple of weeks ago and they kept at it much longer than I thought they might. Hopefully the bigger pitch will work in our favour too.

More than two goals? Only if Gus decides not to go 7-2-1 or play tappy in the corner after the second. I admire his professionalism but it would be really nice just to let rip for once.

15 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Ross rarely gets booked, having good pace for recovery. It was inevitable that Mick would accumulate the points and I've no idea how we adjust to his absence - no other centre-back in the squad. McBride to step back? Or to try a three with Gilmour in there? It'll be a radical line-up from us - good job we're safe.

Kyle did very well filling in for Mick the day we won the league, so I suspect with young Lightbody having got injured for the U20s during the week, the defence will look like this:

McCann; Dunlop R; Turnbull; McBride.

As long as there's decent pressing and coverage from the midfield, that doesn't look too bad to me.

Kyle did very well filling in for Mick the day we won the league, so I suspect with young Lightbody having got injured for the U20s during the week, the defence will look like this:

McCann; Dunlop R; Turnbull; McBride.

As long as there's decent pressing and coverage from the midfield, that doesn't look too bad to me.

Fisher is an option at right back but as you say I think he will be needed in midfield.

I was at the under 20's the other night when Lightbody got injured, it looked a right sore one [emoji47]

Archived