P&B Glossary

Pie and Bovril Glossary

______ for this Pish: informing a poster that they have started a thread when there is already one which exists for the topic in question

14 Mile: a nickname for a poster called 8Mile, who once said "wid" to a girl who turned out to be 14

Alias: other accounts controlled by the same poster, or people who have been banned and want to make a return to P&B

At Least You're Not Upset: another standard P&B trope, the intention of which is to suggest that the person it's aimed it is taking things badly and has genuinely been upset by something a random person on a football forum has said - can also be viewed as a desperate attempt to deflect from someone who is losing an argument

Beast: the unspeakable word of this forum, can't tell you why (take a wild guess)

Cockwomble: a term of derision, an insult, coined after someone used it in reference to Neil Doncaster once

Crispy Pets: a reference to a poster named Grimbo, who once had his house burn down with pets inside

Div: overlord of Pie and Bovril, St Mirren fan

Dotting Accounts: users created to either antagonise fellow posters by giving all of their posts red dots, or supporting them by giving green dots

Head's Gone: a P&B accusation, the intention of which is to suggest that someone is so riled up by something written on a football forum that their 'head has gone', i.e. they're fucking furious and have lost it

ITK: In The Know, usually someone who claims to have a 'source' or 'sources' at a club who tells them all the goings on - at least 99% of the time said ITK person is a huge bullshitter looking for attention

Keep Pushing: a phrase used by moderators to warn posters who kept using a banned phrase to desist or else they'd face a ban

Kick Her in the Pie: a P&B response for when someone talks about something a woman has said or done that has displeased them - to boot her in the vagina

I'll be adding them as we go along, thanks to @DA Baracus for the contributions.

Edited by HibsFan

For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be a place for all the words/phrases used/created on P&B such as "wid", "cockwomble" "kick her in the pie," and the OP would continually update the list to make a vast P&B words and phrases glossary.

Pretty gutted about that actually. What a fucking place that would be.

Make it so.

You cockwomble

Trying to get through a heavy library #sesh, so no time for that I'm afraid. Feel free though, you utter zoomer.

Was the '14 mile' stuff not because he apparently said 'wid' to a photo of a girl who turned out to be 14? Never actually seen the post but I'm sure I've seen folk say that.

The 'burning down the house' stuff is that a previous poster, Grim O'Grady, unfortunately had his house burn down, sadly killing his pets in the process. Someone (it's still not been established who exactly) set up a fund to help him out. It got fairly high I think, at least a few thousand, but then Grim came on here to say that he'd spent it all on a Russian cruise and redecorating his second home in Bolton. This provoked outrage and accusations, and many brought it up as often as they could, to the detriment of poor Grim's cranium, turning in him an absolutely furious and mental mess who would PM folk if they dared to give him a red dot. Someone made a joke about his 'crispy pets' as well.

Anyway, for the glossary; 

Crispy pets; explanation above

A Helen; slang for a red dot due to Helen Reddy

Skidgate - On a cold November weekend in 2016 the news filtered through to the forum from a mod that a poster (or posters) couldn't handle the slagging they were receiving at the hands of Bobby Skidmarks and decided to gather personal information about him and then contacted his boss complaining about his online conduct. This resulted in Bobby getting a warning and the forum to go into absolute meltdown for a good number of days. The forum hasn't entirely recovered. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

P & B out of the loop thread for this shite.

I thought about that, but it's not been posted in since February and most of the time people are arguing about what actually happened. I want some definitive answers, plus smpar changed the idea anyway.

Anyway to clear up the grimbo situation that covers all bases there is this ballad called - 'tae a cat'

G'bo had a little cat

its fur was white as snow

but after Grimmy's house burnt down

the cat turned into coal.

where once the feline purred an meowed

and licked it's white coat whispy

oor grimbo fancied a Russian cruise

so turned the poor c**t crispy

Wid: standard P&B response to a picture of an attractive female, sometime used in an ironic/joking manner

Kick her in the pie: a standard P&B response when someone talks about something a woman has said or done that has displeased them. It basically means to boot her right in the vagina

Cockwomble: a term of derision, an insult, coined after someone used it in reference to Neil Doncaster once

Verge of tears: an standard P&B accusation, aimed at someone who is perceived to be have been riled by another poster or posters; the inference is that the poster is so upset and/or angry that they are quite literally about to weep profusely

At least you're not upset: another standard P&B trope, the intention of which is to suggest that the person it's aimed it is taking things very badly indeed and has genuinely been upset by something a random person on a football forum has said. However, it's actually more of a desperate attempt to deflect from someone who is losing an argument

Seething: not just a standard P&B retort, THE standard P&B retort. Once more it's to accuse the recipient that they have been so upset by something written on a football forum that they are seething with rage

Walter Mitty: an accusation that someone is an utter fantasist and is just making shit up

throbber: a borderline alcoholic masturbation fiend with a fat bird

Head's gone; another standard P&B accusation, the intention of which is to suggest that someone is so riled up by something written on a football forum that their 'head has gone', i.e. they're fucking furious and have lost it

OP: Opening Poster, the person who starts a thread

OFTW: One For The Watching, usually made in reference to a poster who is a bit creepy or through their posts have outed themselves as a bit of a wierdo

Beast: keep pushing

Keep pushing: a mod used this to warn posters who kept using a banned phrase to desist or else they'd face a ban

ITK: In The Know, usually someone who claims to have a 'source' or 'sources' at a club who tells them all the goings on. At least 99% of the time said ITK person is a huge bullshitter looking for attention

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Skidgate - On a cold November weekend in 2016 the news filtered through to the forum from a mod that a poster (or posters) couldn't handle the slagging they were receiving at the hands of Bobby Skidmarks and decided to gather personal information about him and then contacted his boss complaining about his online conduct. This resulted in Bobby getting a warning and the forum to go into absolute meltdown for a good number of days. The forum hasn't entirely recovered. 

With all due respect to Mr Skidmarks, I think I speak for the vast majority of the forum when I say the fallout was one of the greatest things that ever happened to this fine website.

Stalkers, creeps and murderers were outed all over the forum. 

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

With all due respect to Mr Skidmarks, I think I speak for the vast majority of the forum when I say the fallout was one of the greatest things that ever happened to this fine website.

Stalkers, creeps and murderers were outed all over the forum. 

:lol: Yeah, i won't forget it in a hurry!

Britnat: a term of derision for a ‘Better Together’/No Voter type, usually one who has said something stupid. It’s often preceded by ‘Raging’

RTBC: Reasons To Be Cheerful (see the thread of the same name)

PTTGOYN: Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves (see the thread of the same name)

Lee Wallace: a grass, so calling someone Lee Wallace or ‘A Lee Wallace’ to call someone a grass . To ‘Lee Wallace’ on someone is to grass on someone. Named after the infamous Sevco defender cried to folk after his club were beaten by Hibs in the glorious Scottish Cup Final of 2016

Greggy: the famous grinning GIF of Greg Wallace, the Masterchef host; to ‘Greggy’ is to have a big cheesing smile

Yoon: another term of derision for a ‘Better Together’/No Type, usually after they’ve displayed anger; it’s also often preceded by ‘Raging

BRALT: Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread. A dark, dreadful place. You don’t want to go there

IMO: In My Opinion; shorthand for lazy b*****ds

VL: Virgin Lips, a term thrown about to insult someone, basically meaning to call them a bit of a sad loser who has never as much as kissed someone before

Oh and someone once shagged a hunchback