Stranraer vs Airdrie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, waysider said:

Honest questions. Not looking for fight.

Passive aggressive as usual

How do you know what Russell's wages are? 

There was a lot of inside info leaked last year, a lot of disgruntled folk who loved playing for Airdrie and gutted they were shafted by that spineless cnut King.

Also who are you referring to in the final sentence? Russell or Ferguson?

Clearly Ferguson but your interpretation skills are redundant.

I dont think anyone is happy with the Ferguson situation but we also know we have no alternative till after the season.  Without analysing all the goals again  it'll be fair to say he's caused around 20 preventable goals and who knows how many points.

Playing Kerr will be a lot worse.  

I think fans often think that just throwing a player into first team football and 'giving them a chance' will be the making of them, despite the fact they haven't proven themselves at a lower level and in training over any decent period. There were even a couple of serious calls to get this Cissoko guy in the team. Ferguson has got worse through the season (not including today as I wasn't there) which shows that actually it can be damaging to put players in before they are ready, or at the very least have a viable alternative if it's not working.

There is 'fault' on both sides. If the plan was to go with Ferguson there should have been a structure there for him, by that I mean an experienced defence in front of him and an experienced back up to take his place for a few games of needed. They made a mess of that. At the same time the guy has been given an amazing opportunity at 18 to play first team professional football, so I don't have any real sympathy for him.

2 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Passive aggressive as usual

There was a lot of inside info leaked last year, a lot of disgruntled folk who loved playing for Airdrie and gutted they were shafted by that spineless cnut King.

Clearly Ferguson but your interpretation skills are redundant.

I dont think anyone is happy with the Ferguson situation but we also know we have no alternative till after the season.  Without analysing all the goals again  it'll be fair to say he's caused around 20 preventable goals and who knows how many points.

Playing Kerr will be a lot worse.  

Cheers. Agree with much of this especially comments about King. However, I think that signing Russell has turned out ok. In my view it would have been better if he had been played as a striker more often given his age. He seems to have learned his lesson about letting himself and his team down. If, however, he is on a very big salary, you could have a point.

It's a point but Russell has contributed. Would agree with you if it could be demonstrated that his salary was the same as all 3 put together. I have argued for some time that it would have been good to keep Parry. However, TW does not want part-timers. Possibly a mistake.

Moving on, QP are now in the hunt. If we can get something from next 2 games, an exciting last day beckons.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

It's a point but Russell has contributed. Would agree with you if it could be demonstrated that his salary was the same as all 3 put together. I have argued for some time that it would have been good to keep Parry. However, TW does not want part-timers. Possibly a mistake.

Moving on, QP are now in the hunt. If we can get something from next 2 games, an exciting last day beckons.

TW cost us Neil Parry.

King messed x players about with contract offers.

Russell has been a good signing.

I suggested John Martin to coach Rohan I got slaughtered as apparently Rohan was getting coached throughout the week and just because John Martin was gr8 keeper doesn't mean he would make a good goalkeeping coach. My argument what's to say he wouldn't ?

Rohan was coached by Goram and also Mark Brown I have been told so he has to take some responsibility and improve his performances.

I wasn't at the game today so I can't comment on the performance but that's another poor (if not unexpected) result today. Luckily other results went our way (apart from QP). Amazingly we still have a good chance of finishing in the top 4 despite one of the worst seasons I can remember. We all know what our problems have been this season and who are responsible. Big changes will be needed in the summer whatever happens between now and the end of the season.

Very important 3 points for Stranraer - particularly with Peterhead winning. Wasn't at last weeks game but hard to see how Stranraer lost 3-0 to Albion Rovers last week given recent results and performances. Today wasn't a great game and we struggled a bit near the end but overall merited the win. With a reshuffled team it was never going to be easy - Thomson has been playing okay recently and Bell is a key player.

McGuigan offered more threat up front than Malcolm has in a lot of games this season. It gave us somebody who could run in behind and that didn't go wrong. Malcolm worked hard in midfield although I don't really see that as his position - never let anyone down as a makeshift centre midfielder though. Their keeper had a poor game and certainly played a bit part in McGuigan's goal. Like most fans was pleased to see Kyle Turner show our new manager what he can do with a great goal and solid performance. In my opinion Donald should have never been starting before young Kyle and hopefully today will be a turning point for the youngster - too good a player to be sitting on the bench most weeks.

As the game wore on Airdrie creeped back into it and they had some good chances to get a draw. Belford produced a good save near the end and we managed to hold on. We just seemed to lose control of the midfield in the last 20 minutes and Kassarate failed to hold the ball up putting us under pressure. Was good to see the players celebrating the 3 points - Morgan Neil certainly shows a lot of passion for a loan player - good to see.

We are still far from safe but have every confidence in Farroll getting us over the line and ensuring that we escape relegation. Next season I expect us to be higher up the table.            

5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I think most folk can agree he has cost us several points this season and he makes an arse of something most weeks- that can't be denied.

However, most folk also agree it's an utter disgrace that he's got no coach and we've got no alternative and that a person of his age has had to play week in week out.

To simply direct the abuse at Ferguson let's the management team and regime off the hook- it is them who are really at fault.

Totally agree with this TBH. 

There's no doubt that he's cost us a lot of goals and a lot of points. 

But there's also no doubt he's been shafted by the management team(s) and this has shafted us and the rest of the team as a result. He should never have been put in the position of being the no.1 goalie, or the only proper first team goalkeeper this season. There should be an experienced goalie there to come in and replace him when he loses form or confidence (as he clearly has in both regards just now) and to support, guide and challenge him. To not have a proper goalkeeper coach either, especially for a full - time team and one with three non - experienced goalkeepers is damnable.  I bet he can't wait for this season to be over. He deserves a rest and hopefully, this farcical situation will be rectified over the summer.

Also, as much as he could do with being rested we're stuck with him for the last three games. The calls to put Kerr in goals, who is even less experienced (and by all accounts a much inferior goalkeeper) make no sense.

3 good bits of football from Airdrie in 90 minutes: a good chance missed by Conroy/ a good goal by ryan/ A good free kick by Conroy and save by Belford. But once the goalie played  a blinder for the first goal, and an even better one at the second you knew Stranraer would not fold. Mensing is a joke at the back and whoever appointed MW and our recruitment of duffers has a large part to play in this mediocre defensive shambles. No control from the back/balls lofted all over the shop usually out the park/miskicks and poor passing/no pressing on the first ball never mind the second. Stranraer deserved to win because they mainly kept the ball near their players, apart from a dodgy last five minutes. How a side that has lost 15 games can be anywhere near a play off at the top shows how poor this League is.

Archived