Stranraer vs Airdrie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Don't really get Diamonds confidence here as we need the 3 points just as much as them and we won at that horrendous all weather stuff in Airdrie just recently ,pretty comfortable too.We miss a couple of influential players,captain Steven Bell especially,but our recent home form is good and if we can get our noses in front fancy us to win.:whistle

We one won game in a row.   When that happens we're the best team in the country.

The pitch at Airdrie is superb.

Confidence probably comes from the 2 wins and a draw since changing formation/tictacs.  

We're the footballing equivalent of a boxer with a proper knockout punch but incredibly fragile glass jaw (Frank Bruno?).

Think the smaller, harder pitch will help with our issue last week which was the ball over the top as there will be very little space in behind and the ball will just run through (famous last words). Apart from that we played quite well last week and have been better since changing formation. Wouldn't be surprised at any score, but I actually expect us to get a result.

With the 2nd and 3rd top goalscorers in the div, we are more than capable of winning today, our problem is we have a defence that give you zero confidence.

Our best chance is our midfield being dominant and keeping teams on the back foot, where they get to our back 4 we have problems.

I reckon we'll win but no clean sheet.

Ferguson fumbles a cross ball for the Stranraer opener according to the Club's twitter feed.

The boy is fucking up our season almost single kack handedly.

He's only young [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

What Wilson will say post-match;

Q: Ye must be disappointed wi that display, Mark?

A: Well, first of all it was a disappointing result. I thought we played ok, so it was disappointing not to get the win. It's also disappointing to lose goals from individual errors, but ye cannae coach that so it's no ma fault! It's something we'll need tae look at, cause it's very disappointing. We're working hard in FT training all week, so we're disappointed that we're gettin' pumped all the time. It's also disappointing that the fans don't gie us mair appreciation. Bit disappointed in them to be honest. But I understand the fans disappointment. It must be disappointing to watch Airdrie gettin' plugged every week. 

Q: So, how would ye sum up todays performance, Mark?

A: Disappointing.

29 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

f**k off. He's had plenty of fucking help. Coaching staff downwards there are numerous fucking culprits.

You're absolutely right. The guy's untouchable. I heard Strachan's considering him for the England game.

Just now, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Try reading it again ya fucking halfwitted fucking c**t.

I take it you're disappointed at the result? Or is that your normal mode of address? 

Almost every week Ferguson gives goals away and folk like you always find an excuse.

I take it you're disappointed at the result? Or is that your normal mode of address? 
Almost every week Ferguson gives goals away and folk like you always find an excuse.

I'll say it again, one last time for "folk like you", and those with half a wit more than you who just can't grasp English, read it again. And read the comment I responded to, or get your fucking carer to read it for you.

When you've found the part where I'm excusing him please feel free to get back to me you moronic fucking cock womble.

And to answer your question, I'm not disappointed at the result, that would imply I had some notion that we may actually win. The days where I allowed the result of a football match to affect my mood are long gone. Dealing with fucking idiots however.......

I think most folk can agree he has cost us several points this season and he makes an arse of something most weeks- that can't be denied.

However, most folk also agree it's an utter disgrace that he's got no coach and we've got no alternative and that a person of his age has had to play week in week out.

To simply direct the abuse at Ferguson let's the management team and regime off the hook- it is them who are really at fault.

The management team are a disgrace and I've posted about them plenty. I regard Dalziel as the worst appointment TW has made and he's made a few. Most of our defenders are rubbish as well. It's just that I think that the goalie is our biggest liability. A couple of posters in the Stomp have just said that he he is worst goalie we've ever had. I wouldn't go as far as that but it shows I'm not alone.

22 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I think most folk can agree he has cost us several points this season and he makes an arse of something most weeks- that can't be denied.

However, most folk also agree it's an utter disgrace that he's got no coach and we've got no alternative and that a person of his age has had to play week in week out.

To simply direct the abuse at Ferguson let's the management team and regime off the hook- it is them who are really at fault.

The Rohan situation is 100% on Woleki and King.   They went into it with their eyes open, it's their poor judgement.    Rohan will be a cracking goalie in time if he maintains the proper mindset but he should be making his mistakes and adjustments at a lower level. 

Kerr is nowhere bear Rohan's level and Kinvig is being squeezed out.

We should never have had such an inexperienced defence and goalie but the then nearly 34 year old Russell, who was not needed and outside the "no-one over 26 profile"  was brought in on an extraordinary wage in a "jobs for the boys" basis and the defence and goalie situation were the opportunity cost.

We're stuck here till the end of season.  Pray someone buys him.

Archived