Rovers v Morton

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

OK Bawsack...so you don't hope fpr Geenock Morton......actually....you are not a Greenock Morton Supporter.

giphy.gif.90b349f19f446c82f3726b6fb0d71d70.gif

At at what point have I said I don't hope for us to be promoted? That would obviously be incredible. But the chances of that happening are very, very slim. 

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

I think only the most grudging Rovers fan would deny the fact Morton were by far the more 'enterprising' side in the second half.We didn't score...despite hitting the woodwork on 3 occasions.Lack of a cutting edge?..Absolutely.........p.s.Glad to see John Scullion turning in such a great shift when he came on......surprised me.

Depends what you mean by enterprising.Without doubt you had more of the ball but outwith hitting the woodwork twice,one direct from a free kick  in the second half can't recollect you making any clear cut chances at all

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Don't get me wrong Raith absolutely deserved to win. Just my take on the game. Barr created your one and only clear cut chance in the second half and you scored it. I can't recall Gaston having too much else to deal with apart from a couple of crosses.

Neither team created many clear cut chances and not only did Gaston have much to do neither did our keeper.We had two other clear cut chances in the second half,one where we scored but both were given offside,one debatable

Anyway,you,ve had a great season so enjoy the play offs and hopefully we don't end up in them at the wrong end of the table

Wrong Scosha....Raith by no stretch of the imagination deserved to win....on the level of play...but hey ho...they scored 2 goals.

Raith fully deserved to win, and could've had more than 2. I sat there today watching that saying it'd actually be an injustice if we scored, that's how bad it was. We scraped by with a combination of team spirit and luck for a long time, including a 1-0 away win at Falkirk. That luck was bound to run out, and either needed replaced with genuine quality or results would inevitably take a slide.

We lost at Dumbarton and never looked like winning. We lost at home to Dunfermline and never looked like winning. We lost at home to St Mirren and, frankly, to say we never looked like winning is an understatement. Today, you guessed it, we never looked like winning.

Forbes has gone completely off the boil, he wouldn't start for me in the Ayr game. Lindsay looks a shadow of his former self, whether it's fitness related or otherwise. Murdoch is similar, though he remains probably the only one in the midfield who'd get pass marks. Tidser in for Lindsay on Saturday for me. Nesbitt has been relatively promising but again, has faded recently. He contributed almost nothing today aside from a few runs to nowhere, failing to beat one man in the process. It's not even worth talking about up front, Oliver is struggling for fitness, or lacking confidence, or both. Without Jai we lack a clear goalscoaring threat and, coupled with the poor performances recently, it's a miracle we're in te position we currently occupy.

Shoutouts to Russell and, particularly, Gaston who has consistently shown he doesn't have what it takes to fill the first-choice goalkeeping position at this level. We'll make the playoffs in 4th, and go absolutely no further.

We're on a horrific run of form and have been pumped off 4 out of the 5 bottom half teams in 6 weeks heading into the playoffs (which isn't still confirmed btw). Goals have dried up and defence is showing signs of weakness. Can't see us having a chance in the playoffs unless we miraculously get into 2nd place again. 

Blame Duffy

I have no idea what has happened to us. Has our confidence completely gone or have other teams just figured out how to play against us and stopped us playing to the best of our ability? So bloody frustrating to watch considering I know that the players can do better.

The thing is I applaud the effort Morton have put in this season, I thought we were good enough to emulate last season. I really wanted you guys to do it. It looks like a tough set of fixtures for you now.

Well done Rovers much needed win not just for the team but especially the fans as it makes a Saturday night Abit more bare able. It's Even  more obvious this year that there  is nothing between teams from top to bottom and winning and losing are fine margins. I'm just hoping we have enough to push on and maybe get another win or two as for Morton you will have no chance in the play offs putting in performances like that but maybe your just going through a bad spell at the moment because you have been flying until now, Is number 11 Lindsay he looks a player really impressed with him however can be Abit flashy at times.

good luck in the play offs

Well done Rovers much needed win not just for the team but especially the fans as it makes a Saturday night Abit more bare able. It's Even  more obvious this year that there  is nothing between teams from top to bottom and winning and losing are fine margins. I'm just hoping we have enough to push on and maybe get another win or two as for Morton you will have no chance in the play offs putting in performances like that but maybe your just going through a bad spell at the moment because you have been flying until now, Is number 11 Lindsay he looks a player really impressed with him however can be Abit flashy at times.
good luck if you make the play offs

FTFY

A few thoughts on the match:

1. You don't mind watching a team lose if they're either try to play to their strengths or change their approach when their initial play isn't working. But the first half so Morton stubbornly continue to punt balls down the line to one man who has no control anyway.  Why pack your team with midfielders then lump it over their heads?

2. Second half was an improvement as they tried to play. As much as the criticism in point 1 falls to Duffy, credit for the substitutions; Scullion must form part of the plan of attack in the final three weeks an into the playoffs while Tidser was also an enhancement when he came on.

3. Regrettably it may be time to move on from Gaston. He's been a good player for the club and I consider him a good goalie but a more commanding and decicive person would be welcome. Is this something he can develop? I'd hope so but he's struggled on cross balls under his bar for a few years.

4. Duffy's post-match comments come across to me as a guy who has accepted his lot as it's easier: fourth place and a ribbon for participating in the playoffs.

To be fair to Morton they can think themselves unlucky with the free kick that came back off the inside of the post. Queen of the South were awarded a goal for the same thing in our last home match.

If Morton had been in 5th place all season and had, in the past few weeks, charged into your current position, you'd be happy. You've had a great season, no matter which way you cut it, and you have many of your better players signed up for next season.

It's fine.

47 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If Morton had been in 5th place all season and had, in the past few weeks, charged into your current position, you'd be happy. You've had a great season, no matter which way you cut it, and you have many of your better players signed up for next season.

It's fine.

Can't argue with most of that. The current slump of form is really alarming though and yes we have some of our better players signed on for next season but doubt Lindsay and Nisbet will be back and murdoch may go elsewhere. 

Thought we played well and deserved the points. Midfield had the right balance with Matthews and Skacel, who I thought had a good game. The only disappointment for me was Johnson - far too lightweight on the ball and consistently making the wrong decision and McHattie - watch the first action of the second half on that video and how easily the Morton player ghosts past him.  But as a team we did more than enough to win the game. Other results helped too. Hopefully we can build on it at Easter Road 

59 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's fine.

It's just a bit sickening the way it's fizzled out. If we'd continued our good form into the playoffs there would be a real buzz about the place. At the moment it's very flat and our chances of any success in the playoffs seem minimal.

It's just a bit sickening the way it's fizzled out. If we'd continued our good form into the playoffs there would be a real buzz about the place. At the moment it's very flat and our chances of any success in the playoffs seem minimal.

We steamrolled our way into the playoffs last season and it didn't make much difference to what happened to us

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's fine.

Morton have had a fine season. You have hit a slump at the end however deserve a play-off place.

Very little between us, Morton and Utd.

Archived