Rovers v Morton

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the team that turned up last night makes another appearance on Saturday we'll lose.  Hope this isn't the case, a few arses (including Duffy's) hopefully  have been booted and we at least play some decent football and create chances. I'd line the team up along these lines:

Gaston 

Doyle.  O'Ware.  Kilday.  Lamie

McDonagh.  Murdoch.   Tidser.   Nesbitt 

Oliver.   Oyenuga 

Absolute must-win. No getting away from it. 

If I could, I'd drop everyone apart from M'Voto and Barr from Saturday. Sadly that option isn't available. Got to hope Matthews is fit to provide some form of footballing ability and cool-headedness in midfield, otherwise I can't see us winning.

Is Mark Stewart anywhere near fitness yet? I think I'd greet if I see Skacel at any point getting game time. 

Might as well go all out 4-3-3 and play Bobby Barr, McManus and Hardie up top with Handling, Craig Barr and Thompson in the middle. 

Mind last season when we beat Morton 3 times with ridiculously late goals? Mind when we had a decent team? :(

We're unbeaten at home under Hughes, but I can't see that lasting myself. Forbes or O'Ware to score at any point.

I don't care how young or inexperienced they are I'd rather have any youth player in the starting XI then Skacel. His signing and continual playing sums up this season to perfection but I'm sure the board will find a way to justify his very reasonable weekly salary of £1,750!

Away win and another week closer to our funeral on 6th May.

8 points so far this calendar year and nothing to suggest it'll be any more on Saturday

25 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I don't care how young or inexperienced they are I'd rather have any youth player in the starting XI then Skacel. His signing and continual playing sums up this season to perfection but I'm sure the board will find a way to justify his very reasonable weekly salary of £1,750!

£91k per year, is that really what he's on? Surely can't be right. 

Feel sorry for the bloke who's paying for him, but even more so if he's actually being paid that. I'd have rather set the money on fire. 

18 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Away win and another week closer to our funeral on 6th May.

8 points so far this calendar year and nothing to suggest it'll be any more on Saturday

£1,750 a week why the feck would u try for any bonus money that would just stick u deep in the 40% tax rate.

PS loved todays con call seems the HMRC are taking me to court must have me mixed up with Skacie boy!

By the way 0 -0 on Saturday

No skacel, no Roberts, no Davo (unless we need a makeshift right back), no Johnson, no McManus, no squeezing Bene in just for the sake of playing him move big Barr up and put Bene back beside M'Voto where he belongs, no high balls to the shortest guy on the pitch, no more fucking throw ins that would look poor quality in league 2 somebody look for it before it starts looking like a 90s computer game that crashed, same goes for corners and free kicks we're laughable at all of those our 1 tactic for a deadball is get the ball to M'Voto's head, (hint I think the other teams have sussed this out time to try something else), get Hardie his weetabix or stop playing him the same way we played McManus all season (whatever he was meant to be doing all through that Dunfermline game was atrocious on the eyes) and stop fucking about trying to walk the ball into the net, (unless you're callachan) see a chance take it, we're  going to make an arse if it soon enough anyway, might as well be with a shot, remember those?

The only question now is how much worse can it get between now and the other other Fife derby next season, my grandad would've been delighted with how our season has turned out (he was an East Fife fan though)

An inevitable 0-0 draw with more bookings than shots and no action apart from me pulling my hair out trying to explain to the kids why it doesn't look anything like last season out there.

Must win if bottom two is to be avoided. Morton's recent slump and lack of goals along with our results and slightly better performances at Starks as opposed to on road under Hughes gives slight hope.

Hughes needs to forget personal issues and shoehorning folk into wrong positions and just play our best team. B Barr back in on wing. 2 strikers up top. Hopefully Mathews and Bene fit. Hopefully no sign of Davo, Roberts or Mr Big Bucks.

If Morton get in front, heads will go down even further and we will lose, nick 1st ourselves and we might just kick on, I live in hope...

If Hughes is going to insist on not playing Barr and shoehorning our 3 CB's into the team, I'd actually like us to play a formation that fits rather than just punting Bene to full back.

I'd go 3-5-2

Penska

Thomson-Barr-M'Voto-Bene-McHattie

Handling-Matthews-Thompson

Hardie-Stewart

If Stewart's not fit then McManus will have to come in.

Archived