Pie and Bovril - Most frightening posters in history

It was fucking glorious.

Whoever did the Fresh Prince thing please post it again. A good few women fell for it and offered advice before someone at their side clued them up.

Reading the links above is this where our love of "seething" came from?

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

It was fucking glorious.

Whoever did the Fresh Prince thing please post it again. A good few women fell for it and offered advice before someone at their side clued them up.

Reading the links above is this where our love of "seething" came from?

It was bustanut

It was bustanut

It wasn't Bustanut. I think it was Ginger Saint.

Going back to Big Gus' meltdown. It was on the 'Bag stolen from Pure Gym' thread where he said his Pie reviews were going to be serialised in a national newspaper iirc.

ETA: I knew it was Ginge something.

Found this on Mumsnet when I was looking for the spat thread. What a cow. The reaction is 50/50.

NC as this might be quite outing.

I commute to work on the train. I get on at stop A and off at stop D, both of which have ticket barriers. I always buy a ticket when I travel. 

Stops B and C don't have ticket barriers. 

A man got on at Stop B. The inspector came around asking for anyone who got on at Stop B. The inspector was very visible and called out "Stop B passengers" loudly enough for everyone to hear. The man didn't have headphones in. Yet, the man didn't show his ticket. 

So, as the inspector passed I pointed out the man and said he'd got on at Stop B. Inspector then went to check his ticket and what a surprise the man didn't have one. 

The man called me an interfering bitch. Meh, yeah, that's pretty accurate but it fucks me off that people feel as though buying a ticket is optional. It's not. You're using a service, you need to pay for it. 

So was I unreasonable to dob this guy in?

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2914185-Was-I-unreasonable-to-dob-someone-in?pg=1

18 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Fucks me off to this day that pie and bovril is made out to have came off worse in that.

Yeah they came across as a bunch of heads gone, humourless arseholes who resorted to petty and unfunny name calling.

Sadly its not PC these days to portray women as fools/losers in any type of confrontation like this with men

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but the evening of ChildRaper666 (or whatever) was a tad unsettling. Not least because his username was all 1337 and the penny didn't drop for some that he was referring to kids until after the banning  :shutup

23 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Sadly its not PC these days to portray women as fools/losers in any type of confrontation like this with men

But we all still do it regardless because telling lies is bad. 

On 28/04/2017 at 01:07, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but the evening of ChildRaper666 (or whatever) was a tad unsettling. Not least because his username was all 1337 and the penny didn't drop for some that he was referring to kids until after the banning  :shutup

I remember that one - I think there were a few folk actually taking him deadly serious although it was clear he was using every cliched fictional serial killer trope in the book, he eventually climbed down and claimed he was trying out a character for a novel he was working on.

Aye, groundbreaking stuff... :)

I remember that one - I think there were a few folk actually taking him deadly serious although it was clear he was using every cliched fictional serial killer trope in the book, he eventually climbed down and claimed he was trying out a character for a novel he was working on.
Aye, groundbreaking stuff... [emoji4]

Maybe it was Pete Townsend.