How do you boost your income?

I figure the price of gold will rise and rise and rise.

So every time I save up about £1500, which is roughly every 3 months, I buy a Krugerrand.  I've been this for about 10 years now so I have quite a few now, roughly 40 - 50, worth about £75,000.  I keep them in a decorative wooden box that is in the second top drawer in my chest of drawers in the bedroom.

My address is 76 Caddleton Drive, Wishaw.  It's easy to find, it's the one with the red door.  I work night shift and I don't have a dog.

Quite frankly my future is looking pretty rosy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did it around a decade with a "company" called Running Ball. They advertised on here, and quite a few of us did it. I'm not sure it's the same company as Chris_DK does it for, and I'm surprised the money's not gone up in the past 10 years, but my commentary was for the benefit of some shady Far East betting organisation (the calls always came from Indonesia or similar). I was a bit skeptical about getting paid, but I always did. 

Unfortunately I pissed on my cornflakes by informing Dunfermline that I was doing this at East End Park (it's a long story why). Next thing you know I'm getting threatening letters from the club with a copy of all the SPL rules with big red pen marked round the rules I was transgressing. They also demanded to know who was behind it. When I dinghied that, I got a letter from a solicitors near my home address "inviting me" for an interview. Around the same time, I'm sure the Daily Record or some other rag ran an expose about people in Asia gambling on kid's football games (which was a blatant lie, it was U21 games, and I only ever got asked to do senior games as I was working when the U21 games were on). 

I'd also just acquired a new burd so Saturday afternoons were out for me anyway, but it was fun while it lasted (Albion Rovers vs Montrose on a freezing Tuesday night might be pushing "fun" a bit, but you know what I mean). 

Tbf masterton loved a lawyer letter.

As gordieboy knows.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Tbf masterton loved a lawyer letter.

As gordieboy knows.

What happened to Gordieboy?

Actually, to be semi-serious, I noticed at least 2 pound coins and a £2 coin that fallen into hard-to-reach place in my motor. And that's only from a cursory inspection. If anyone wants to fire over, remove my seats (and put them back) and retrieve the 8 years of shrapnel that's accumulated, I'd be happy to split it with them. 

On 12.4.2017 at 16:19, ICTChris said:

For those talking of brothel-keeping, there are of course numerous openly operating places in Edinburgh.  The cops raided them a few years back but a prosecution collapsed when it emerged that the local council had an agreement allowing the to operate.  So your mate could start one.  Downside would be you'd need to buy property in Edinburgh so would have to charge about £5,000 a tugjob to cover your rent.

Perfectly legal enterprise over here but he was informed that the industry was still populated overwhelmingly by shady characters. He already has two pubs and was looking to expand, but has decided another pub or a restaurant/diner will create more cash for less hassle than going down the brothel route.

Archived