How do you boost your income?

16 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I know a guy that can set you up with an EBT...

No thanks - I'm already The Minertaur I don't think I'd cope well with becoming 'The The Minertaur' if things went tits up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take an ad out selling butt plugs, telling people to send a cheque. Send a cheque back to them under a company name like 'butt plugs r us', saying you're out of stock. See how many cash it.
That might be loosely similar to a scam mentioned in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

I do match reporting, basically commentating on Clyde games and any others I do for a software company who update online bookies in play betting consoles (so I'm led to believe). It's incredibly easy and they pay £50 a game. 

I have an uncle in Gambia needing a small cash transfer with huge returns he's just needs you to pay to open his account for a mear £1000 for him to access the six figure sum of monies which he can wire to you. DM me if interested 

I do match reporting, basically commentating on Clyde games and any others I do for a software company who update online bookies in play betting consoles (so I'm led to believe). It's incredibly easy and they pay £50 a game. 

CLY: Dangerous Attack

Do you have a button to press to suspend betting?

Do you have to name the scorers, subs, carded etc?

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

CLY: Dangerous Attack

Do you have a button to press to suspend betting?

The Match operator (the person on the other end of the phone in the office) does that. All I do is provide the information (Home danger in the example you've given) through the phone using basic commands. 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you have to name the scorers, subs, carded etc?

For non televised games, no. I haven't done a telly game so I don't know for sure but I would imagine so.

Get a job as a carer for a doddery oap and nick their cash and valuables. Works best if they have no relatives or close friends to check up or secretly film you. Alternatively you could be helpful and kind to them and they may leave you something in their will but that is not guaranteed and you may have to wait a while to find out.

Got a second job as a census enumerator in 2011, which funded a family holiday. A few hours traipsing around Arbroath, knocking on doors, delivering forms, making sure all the information was contained, chasing up forms and missing information. It was okay, decent enough pay for the time put in...

34 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Got a second job as a census enumerator in 2011, which funded a family holiday. A few hours traipsing around Arbroath, knocking on doors, delivering forms, making sure all the information was contained, chasing up forms and missing information. It was okay, decent enough pay for the time put in...

You'd probably make more money off the time machine. 

On 4/15/2017 at 07:59, Chris_DK said:

How do you get into this? I'd like to have a go, especially at £50 a game

Kidnap Freddy Heineken. Hold him and his chauffeur in sound proof rooms for 3 weeks and they'll pay you upwards of £15 million.

Alternatively, leave your daughter unguarded in a hotel room in Portugal, let some paedos steal her and rake in donations from the gullible, sympathetic public.

35 minutes ago, deej said:

How do you get into this? I'd like to have a go, especially at £50 a game

I did it around a decade with a "company" called Running Ball. They advertised on here, and quite a few of us did it. I'm not sure it's the same company as Chris_DK does it for, and I'm surprised the money's not gone up in the past 10 years, but my commentary was for the benefit of some shady Far East betting organisation (the calls always came from Indonesia or similar). I was a bit skeptical about getting paid, but I always did. 

Unfortunately I pissed on my cornflakes by informing Dunfermline that I was doing this at East End Park (it's a long story why). Next thing you know I'm getting threatening letters from the club with a copy of all the SPL rules with big red pen marked round the rules I was transgressing. They also demanded to know who was behind it. When I dinghied that, I got a letter from a solicitors near my home address "inviting me" for an interview. Around the same time, I'm sure the Daily Record or some other rag ran an expose about people in Asia gambling on kid's football games (which was a blatant lie, it was U21 games, and I only ever got asked to do senior games as I was working when the U21 games were on). 

I'd also just acquired a new burd so Saturday afternoons were out for me anyway, but it was fun while it lasted (Albion Rovers vs Montrose on a freezing Tuesday night might be pushing "fun" a bit, but you know what I mean). 

Archived