Inbhir Àir Aonaichte vs Dùn Dèagh Aonaichte

That was a tough watch but does anyone know why farid wasn't brought on?

We had plenty of set pieces, but offered very little threat. Wasn't impressed by Moore, and mcdaid was beyond useless again.

Mcguffie did f**k all in the first half. He did improve massively in the second half and we knocked it about a wee bit. Forrest OK, and harkins decent for a change. But no real threat.

Devlin stood out a mile (as per usual).

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a tough watch but does anyone know why farid wasn't brought on?

We had plenty of set pieces, but offered very little threat. Wasn't impressed by Moore, and mcdaid was beyond useless again.

Mcguffie did f**k all in the first half. He did improve massively in the second half and we knocked it about a wee bit. Forrest OK, and harkins decent for a change. But no real threat.

Devlin stood out a mile (as per usual).

Can't disagree with that. Thought Farid might have came on for at least the last 10 minutes just to offer something from a corner.

Both McGuffie and Forrest took awhile to find there feet in the game but looked good in spells during the 2nd.

Both Devlin and Rose were superb which was pleasing considering I had us doomed with a Rose/Murphy partnership.

Farid obviously injured, watching him at half time he could hardly pass the ball 5 yards. Mcguffie was mostly absent, he shited out of putting in challenges and 50/50 balls. Anytime Forrest had the chance to attack he pulled back instead of going forward, allowing the defenders to regroup. Really resent McCall for all the pish he talked about can't waiting to get Moore back, he's contributed nothing except one goal. Devlin's runs up the wing,particularly in the second half, were great to watch, he was our biggest threat going forward and the one you can say played with determination and commitment. Meggatt did well at left back I thought, the only player we have that's an aerial threat.

We might as well play short corners instead of putting it in the box, not only is there no one capable of getting on the end of it, but they don't even challenge half the time, same with long balls, the ball goes high we go low.

Farid obviously injured, watching him at half time he could hardly pass the ball 5 yards. Mcguffie was mostly absent, he shited out of putting in challenges and 50/50 balls. Anytime Forrest had the chance to attack he pulled back instead of going forward, allowing the defenders to regroup. Really resent McCall for all the pish he talked about can't waiting to get Moore back, he's contributed nothing except one goal. Devlin's runs up the wing,particularly in the second half, were great to watch, he was our biggest threat going forward and the one you can say played with determination and commitment. Meggatt did well at left back I thought, the only player we have that's an aerial threat.
We might as well play short corners instead of putting it in the box, not only is there no one capable of getting on the end of it, but they don't even challenge half the time, same with long balls, the ball goes high we go low.

Agree with most of this but 99% of us thought Moore would be a great signing but since his injury he has been a shadow of the player he was.

If Farid was injured then he should have brought on McKenzie. It was painfully obvious Moore was contributing f**k all and that we needed an aerial threat.

McDaid should have been on about 20 minutes earlier as well.

If Farid was injured then he should have brought on McKenzie. It was painfully obvious Moore was contributing f**k all and that we needed an aerial threat.
McDaid should have been on about 20 minutes earlier as well.

Farid should have come on but McKenzie please he is way out his depth. Agree about McDade but I think he left it because of how well we played in the second half.

Guest DAVIDB69

We were holding on for a point at the end, that shows you how far we have fallen .

Nice friendly punters in the Wallace pub before the game and very generous pies and sausage rolls too.

Wasn't a great game it was freezing as well

7 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We were holding on for a point at the end, that shows you how far we have fallen .

Nice friendly punters in the Wallace pub before the game and very generous pies and sausage rolls too.

Wasn't a great game it was freezing as well

Personally I feel you need to gain promotion via the playoffs as I can't see you lot challenging next season.

That certainly was pretty abject from us yesterday. What frustrated me the most was the lack of energy and commitment. For a team who had the ability to move in to second spot it had the feel of a training game (and not a very good one). Performance wise the back four did okay with the exception of Robson who really should not be in the team ahead of Dixon. The shape in theory is the one I think many fans would want to see but we don't have the personnel for it. Andreu cannot play out wide and with both Allardice and Toshney in the middle it left us with no place to go for any kind of possession. The front two did as well with what they had as they could but for me it was the midfield where the game was 'lost'.

A pathetic crowd for such a big game for both sides. 

There was everything pre match to get excited about for that game, but, yet again, proved that the Scottish game badly needs a rethink.

Rank weather - summer football?

Bad crowd - lower entry fees?

5.15pm Saturday kick off - improved TV deals with better broadcasters?

Everything cannot be changed at once, but one or 2 steps might lead onto others.

Summer football is a must for us to have a product that suits our shite weather.

Also means we might do better on TV deals when not competing directly with the English all season.

Every club should be full-time in Scotland. An what I mean by this is a core 15 at least. Pay wages within your budget. If you get all 18 year olds then so be it, get a mix of older part time players to compliment. This way we will be getting young players proper game time, bringing them through as a group also.

Teams might actually look like they have a clue/game plan/ tactics.

Some of the stuff on show over the past couple of days would even have BBC ALBA wondering WTF?

You could just as easily have got weather as shite as that in June, July or August.
The weather had nothing to do with the product on the pitch or the lack of crowd in the stands.

If you are trying to encourage either 'stay away' fans or entice some new ones, the weather will have an influence, especially on families and particularly kids.

If we want to increase our numbers and income then surely small changes and small steady increases are better than the year on year erosion that we have at present.

We have stopped trying to bring in those first time buyers.

Didn't bother going last night but watched it on BBC Alba. What a terrible, terrible game involving two really woeful teams. Only game Dundee United have remotely impressed me is the 3-0 at Tannadice at the start of the season but we were even more brutal back then than we are now.

we were slightly better than we were against QOTS but we really couldn't be any worse. The defence was solid, Devlin was again immense going forward as is head and shoulders above anyone else we have. Meggatt was again impressive and he'd be one of the first names I'd be trying to get tied up for next season. We have given ourselves half a chance but I fear that Harkins free kick at the end not going in could be absoulotely pivotal.

Archived