Cracked screen Samsung S6.

I've been told that Samsung are the only ones that can fix my phone at a cost of £160. Half the price I paid for it!! Any ideas what to do apart from sending it to Samsung to get it fixed[emoji5]

7 hours ago, guinness said:

I've been told that Samsung are the only ones that can fix my phone at a cost of £160. Half the price I paid for it!! Any ideas what to do apart from sending it to Samsung to get it fixedemoji5.png

Google suggest otherwise, theres plenty of guides and videos showing how to do it. If you dont want to look at doing it yourself take it to your local phone repair shop

Google suggest otherwise, theres plenty of guides and videos showing how to do it. If you dont want to look at doing it yourself take it to your local phone repair shop

I'm led to believe that Samsung are the only ones that will touch a cracked screen on an S6 & upwards.

30 minutes ago, guinness said:

I'm led to believe that Samsung are the only ones that will touch a cracked screen on an S6 & upwards.

Ask at your local shop. As Mr X says, there all loads of videos online on how to do it, but it requires tools and delicate handling that I'd rather leave to someone whose done it before. Timpsons do S6's instore. https://www.timpson.co.uk/services/mobile-phone-screen-repairs

Ask at your local shop. As Mr X says, there all loads of videos online on how to do it, but it requires tools and delicate handling that I'd rather leave to someone whose done it before. Timpsons do S6's instore. https://www.timpson.co.uk/services/mobile-phone-screen-repairs

CHEERS GUYS ...I'll pop down today and enquire.

On 4/13/2017 at 02:08, guinness said:

Is it Samsung that are telling you that? Cause they would tell you that to get you to pay for their overpriced repair service

Is it Samsung that are telling you that? Cause they would tell you that to get you to pay for their overpriced repair service

Yes, it's Samsung mate. .. Timpsons quoted me £200 today. Needless to say I went away & bought a new phone for £165.

On 13/04/2017 at 02:47, welshbairn said:

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Yes, it's Samsung mate. .. Timpsons quoted me £200 today. Needless to say I went away & bought a new phone for £165.

Jesus, sorry about that advice, had no idea what they charged tbh, was thinking around £80 max. Mr X's recommendation of your local phone repair/unlocking shop was the way to go probably to avoid buying a new one. Then again they might have fucked it up. Hope you like your new phone.

Archived