Sons V Pars 15/4/17

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:52, Poet of the Macabre said:

Staying away had the desired effect. Very good win and we can start preparing for next season.

Surprising to see McCabe hit form just when we're about to decide new contracts...all jokes aside, he was very good against Rovers and this seems like another good performance. 

In his defence he was doing well in December, missed the Raith away game at NY due to illness and at that point Herron and Wedderburn found their form. Delighted he's getting a game and performing well. A very capable player.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JFPar said:

Great win for us as Dumbarton is a tricky place to get points. I think the Sons will be just fine as they've got that bit grit.

We're undefeated there in 16 matches stretching back to 1981, and only 3 of them have been draws. So not too tricky!

Thought we were quite poor on Saturday, with an insistence on playing high balls to small players into the wind. Having said that - Buchanan chance aside - I was never really worried that Dumbarton were going to score. Couple of good finishes for the goals.

Hope the Sons stay up though - Rovers and St. Mirren going down would be funny!

52 minutes ago, DBA said:

We're undefeated there in 16 matches stretching back to 1981, and only 3 of them have been draws. So not too tricky!

I wasn't meaning our own record, just there home form over recent years. I'm sure Hibs, Falkirk and Dundee United have all lost at The Rock this season.

4 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I wasn't meaning our own record, just there home form over recent years. I'm sure Hibs, Falkirk and Dundee United have all lost at The Rock this season.

Hibs haven't this year but we did beat them twice last season at home. Our home form this year actually isn't as good as previous years.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Young gun said:

He said to a friend that's the only team he would go to when his contract is up.

He isn't getting a regular,start at the moment SO 

I think he's good mates with our current management team so might make sense. 

1 minute ago, .Stuart. said:

I think he's good mates with our current management team so might make sense. 

May mate picks me up a few times a season, he is a season ticket holder at Medda, I like going now and again

1 minute ago, Young gun said:

May mate picks me up a few times a season, he is a season ticket holder at Medda, I like going now and again

Sounds good mate. We're finding goals hard to come by right now but we have a good young squad and a couple of useful additions in the summer and we won't be too far off.

Archived