Gardening Query

My grass is pissing me off at the moment. The whole thing has been taken over by moss. I feel like a pensioner as I Google how best to take care of the lawn, and have gone to the extent of buying a scarifier and aerator in an attempt to sort it.

I'm 25, old before my time.

8 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My grass is pissing me off at the moment. The whole thing has been taken over by moss. I feel like a pensioner as I Google how best to take care of the lawn, and have gone to the extent of buying a scarifier and aerator in an attempt to sort it.

Mine is a spongy mess that looks like it's been infested with fatty tight alien mossy creatures. I'm not spending a penny till I hear how your efforts go.

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Mine is a spongy mess that looks like it's been infested with fatty tight alien mossy creatures. I'm not spending a penny till I hear how your efforts go.

It is common for north facing lawns to suffer from moss, lack of sunlight I suppose.

That was more a throwaway comment rather than to help with your problems.

I will update in a few weeks. Hoping to do all of the work on it this weekend.

It is common for north facing lawns to suffer from moss, lack of sunlight I suppose.
That was more a throwaway comment rather than to help with your problems.

That makes sense, the worst part for moss has 2 sheds and trees blocking the light on it.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

That makes sense, the worst part for moss has 2 sheds and trees blocking the light on it.

I recall from cubs when I did my orienteering badge that moss grows on the north facing side of a tree trunk.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

I recall from cubs when I did my orienteering badge that moss grows on the north facing side of a tree trunk.

You've had plenty time to find your way out of Fife then. Where did it all go wrong?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You've had plenty time to find your way out of Fife then. Where did it all go wrong?

The only time my navigation skills were lacking was that one time I took a left instead of a right at the big roundabout in Puerto Pollenca, I'll never forget the look on the taxi driver's face as he veered towards the wee ice cream shack.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

The only time my navigation skills were lacking was that one time I took a left instead of a right at the big roundabout in Puerto Pollenca, I'll never forget the look on the taxi driver's face as he veered towards the wee ice cream shack.

Maddy must have loved that.