Clyde v Elgin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shades of Ochilview 2000!

Yeah, was a fairly mental second half. I really didn't see anyway back for us at half time.

Considering how the other results went its a huge three points. The home game against Berwick could go a long way to deciding who finishes bottom.

Some bizarre comments from Elgin fans, not necessarily on here, about Goodwillie.

Let's be honest, we'd sign Kim Jong-un if he could score a hat trick in 12 minutes. It's not as if playing for Clyde is somehow justifying what he may or may not have done in the past.

Gifted Elgin the first goal early doors but then went on to be the better side. Johnston got in behind McHardy a lot but we passed up numerous crosses into the box. The second Elgin goal was poor defending again. Johnston didn't close enough to the Elgin player to stop the cross and the whole Clyde defence missed the ball into the box. Dodd nipped in at the back post to score. We did have another chance before half time when Goodwillie struck the post from a tight angle and Elgin managed to block the rebound.

Second half and we got the early goal we badly needed. Think it was Gormley who played Goodwillie in on goal. He got a touch to take it past the keeper and the scored into the empty net. For the second I thought we were fortunate to get the free kick. Gormley played it through quickly to Goodwillie who took ages to shot. Third goal was a cross into the box from a free kick which fell to Goodwillie. He could have added a fourth from a similar location when he rounded an Elgin defender but shot over this time.

The Elgin penalty was harsh I thought. The ball bounced up and struck an arm. The keeper made a good save to keep it out. Elgin didn't offer much going forward and we are own worst enemy with sliced clearances or mis-hit passes causing panic at the back. The on loan Dundee keeper is very composed and dealt with everything that came his way which makes a big difference when you have a defence like ours.

Archived