Montrose v Forfar

Piss poor effort today, not unexpected in terms of the result, but the overall performance was sh*te.

As mentioned earlier the goal was a comedy of errors..

The basics of passing the ball were sadly amiss for us. The Mo found it easy basic stuff to find a man or play the ball into space where their team mates could work the ball and cause problems.

No complaints on the result, Montrose looked hungry for the game and good on them.

Edinburgh may have spared the blushes, but unless we dig hard like Montrose did today we are toast in terms of winning this League.

(That last bit really hurt to type BTW)...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Seriously do not rate Munro. He's not good enough at this level and always seems to be close to losing it. Which is exactly what we don't need at this point.

1 hour ago, dee_62 said:

I've been a supporter of GB this season as the football we've generally played or tried to play has been so much better than the last couple of DC seasons but that effort today was like 3 steps back.
Hoof ball from every player on the park.
Overheard some other Forfar fans in the first half say that Montrose's tactics were better than ours and I'm thinking "wtf are our tactics?"
This tinkering with players' positions has got to stop too. If GB wants to bring back TOB at centre half, then go the whole way and take Travis or Munro out, don't drop Bain and move Travis out wide. I'd have Travis in at centre half every week but no way would I put him ahead of Bain at right back. Likewise Coxy. If you want to put him straight back in the team, drop Peters or Lister, don't put him out wide where he is nowhere near as effective.
Malone, who has been quite good of late, was having a stinker and sitting on a yellow, how he lasted till 84 mins is beyond me.
What was Munro doing at the goal? He must have travelled about 60 yards back with the ball, dragging both teams with him...just get the ball out ffs.
Won't go through the rest of the team...

The way yous slate players week in and out is nothing short of disgusting. Every week yous pick on one player should be ashamed of yourselfs. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Has there ever been two teams at the top of the league at this stage with fans that have absolutely no faith in them to pull through..?

Speak for yourself....we are flying high and currently have the best manager in the land....unless you can disprove any of these facts?

9 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Seriously do not rate Munro. He's not good enough at this level and always seems to be close to losing it. Which is exactly what we don't need at this point.

You don't rate anyone maybe you should be in the team next week. 

Praise has to go to Stewart Petrie for what he's done with Montrose got them really organised and structured well, however they didn't exactly have to play that well to beat us, shocking performance from the team today, couple of strange decisions by Bollan today!

Peters has to start finding his early season form he hasn't been at it the past few weeks, having defended him the past few weeks, it upsets me having to say this!
Would actually like to see Cox & Lister up top together, Cox can't play out wide, with his legs up top it would suit Lister!

Milne & Foxy on the bench?? How does Eddie Malone still get a place in MIDFIELD, he's a left back and hopeless in the middle, lucky he never got sent off today!

Guest bernardblack
You don't rate anyone maybe you should be in the team next week. 

I rate plenty of players. Nothing against him, I just don't think he's good enough and he may cost us in this crucial time.

6 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Praise has to go to Stewart Petrie for what he's done with Montrose got them really organised and structured well, however they didn't exactly have to play that well to beat us, shocking performance from the team today, couple of strange decisions by Bollan today!

Peters has to start finding his early season form he hasn't been at it the past few weeks, having defended him the past few weeks, it upsets me having to say this!
Would actually like to see Cox & Lister up top together, Cox can't play out wide, with his legs up top it would suit Lister!

Milne & Foxy on the bench?? How does Eddie Malone still get a place in MIDFIELD, he's a left back and hopeless in the middle, lucky he never got sent off today!

:lol: Cox and Lister now.....what Peters has to be dropped.....mmmmmm...sure someone said that MONTHS ago!! lol

The way yous slate players week in and out is nothing short of disgusting. Every week yous pick on one player should be ashamed of yourselfs. 

Sorry, what other usernames do you normally post under?

c41b4fd76b95fe7d5e76069bbb355ff2.jpg

:lol: Cox and Lister now.....what Peters has to be dropped.....mmmmmm...sure someone said that MONTHS ago!! lol

Preferred Peters up top with Cox, but you just can't keep accepting his performances, missed a good few chances in the past few weeks, having said that so has Lister, but Lister's overall performance has improved where as Peters performance has dropped.

Players performance makes an impact in my opinion, few months ago Peters was scoring!! I mean he's not our top scorer for nothing? But recent performances have dipped!

5 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I rate plenty of players. Nothing against him, I just don't think he's good enough and he may cost us in this crucial time.

I think the whole team needs a shake but wouldn't call out certain players. I would say he was injured when we blew an 11 pound lead or was that his fault too.

Guest bernardblack
I think the whole team needs a shake but wouldn't call out certain players. I would say he was injured when we blew an 11 pound lead or was that his fault too.

I don't know where to start with that tbh.

Moving on......

That Edinburgh City goal was huge and hopefully will give the lads a boost. What an excellent position to be in with three games left

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

I don't know where to start with that tbh.

Moving on......

That Edinburgh City goal was huge and hopefully will give the lads a boost. What an excellent position to be in with three games left

Think what ever happens you will find a fault with any player. You should be ashamed of the way you speak about them. Everyone is allowed an opinion and this is mine. 

Lets just say we fluke this league and win it on the last day.....how could anyone possibly celebrate and compare the victory against the 84-95 league winning squads.....the season has been dire in patches and i know other fans will be wondering why we are complaining every other week but it has been chronic at times.

Guest bernardblack
Think what ever happens you will find a fault with any player. You should be ashamed of the way you speak about them. Everyone is allowed an opinion and this is mine. 

Ashamed is a pretty strong word!

Maybe we can leave this thread to discussing the game and club.

My main concern is us somehow stopping Goodwillie next week!!

Archived