Stenhousemuir v The Champions

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Swally in Stenny !!!!" - lock up your daughters, indeed!

I don't have a lot of hope for this encounter. We've been wretched against Livingston this season and I expect the trend to continue on Saturday. We can only pray that Livi field their fringe players and/or treat the match as a bit of a kickabout after winning the league otherwise it'll end up a three- or four-goal win in their favour (again).

Although we won on Saturday I don't think we were all that great and our goals came from opportunism as much as anything else. A lot of the time we just kicked the ball forward with little thought before pushing up. Against a big, strong Livi backline we'll need to a) play Mason Robertson in attack to give them something to think about or b) be a lot smarter and try and work the ball around them.

I only hope we can match (or better!) Peterhead's result against East Fife to keep things tight at the bottom of the table. The game between us at Balmoor on 22 April is going to be gigantic.

I really don't mind Stenhousemuir, and Ochilview is one of my favourite grounds purely for the terracing behind the goals, so I hope they stay up. I'm backing us to win, but Stenny are battling away for their lives down at the bottom whereas we have nothing to play for, really. I'd like to see us give the likes of Knox, Sinclair and Ogilvie and run out in this match, hopefully Keaghan Jacobs can feature too and get some games behind him this season at least. f**k it, might as well give big Maley a game as well for a laugh.

Final game against Stenny this season, last 4 games and I can relax and enjoy the games, we've set a high standard this season and I think Hoppy will want to win every game we have left. 

Please tell me we will be behind the goals for this fixture ? We were in the stand for the mid week game and it just wasn't the same. 

I think we might see the odd change but think that the team will still be strong, I think we will see a few of the young guys come on especially if the games going in our favour. 

The Champions are in town!

Since we have won the league I expect us to lose against a team who are fighting for their place in this league. I expect us to play the likes of Keaghan, Knox and Malley, maybe even Martindale might chuck himself on for a laugh.

Hopefully a large following and an opening up of the terracing for the main event of the league. Lots of young Stenhousemuir fans to come along to see Ginger Mourinho's Maestros give a performance that they'll remember for years to come.

3 hours ago, AMC13 said:

The Champions are in town!

Since we have won the league I expect us to lose against a team who are fighting for their place in this league. I expect us to play the likes of Keaghan, Knox and Malley, maybe even Martindale might chuck himself on for a laugh.

Hopefully a large following and an opening up of the terracing for the main event of the league. Lots of young Stenhousemuir fans to come along to see Ginger Mourinho's Maestros give a performance that they'll remember for years to come.

Nah he'll be saving himself for the last 5 minutes against Peterheid so he can lift the cup after the game.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Whats the betting we start with Maley in goal? Maybe starts also for Sinclair and Knox?

Thought Maley did ok against Crusaders, shot stopping wise anyway, bit erratic coming for crosses. Just glad Kelly didn't get injured this season.

Would like to see Jack Ogilvie getting a start, and Kyle Sampson getting some sub appearances.

Sounds a fucking mental mob coming through like. At an away game for 12. That is unheard of. Take it easy lads.
If anyone fancies a physical fight PM me.

I'll be the one with the Stone Island Jacket and a balaclava holding Declan Gallagher's personal baseball bat. I'll be waiting outside the ground, see you there.

On 11/04/2017 at 19:17, Whitburn Vale said:

Hoping to see some of the fringe players playing in this,also hearing theres quite a few guys heading to Stenny,even some by train!! Theyre apparently gonna be in Stenny for the back of 12,like it lads :guinness:thumsup2

They're travelling to a football match...VIA TRAIN?! What the hell???

Archived