Intelligent unionist posters

git-intae-thum

7 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

identity politics that people believe that those on the other side are somehow morally worse than them. Said by Tim Farron. And in the same statement:I’m disappointed in Ruth. The problem is either she isn’t the decent person I suspected she might be or she’s really quite weak

Is measuring up someone's "decency" or "weakness" not saying they are morally worse than himself? Lib Dem hypocrisy rules.

That's a strange interpretation......

8 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

:bairn

Intelligent input, darling,  Why don't you just have another beer  then ? x

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, McSpreader said:

No,  I was  talking to Wee Willie about HIS comments regarding Scottish Nationalism, old bean !

I don't really support 'British Nationalism' even tho' that winds you up so wonderfully. I simply don't see a case for change and I'm very comfortable with the UK state......like millions of other Scots.

Pull the ladder up, Jack, I'm alright!

Quelle surprise.

15 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Their economic case, the fiscal case  the cultural case, the moral case and the practicalities of shutting ourselves off from the rUK ......

I struggle to believe you need  me to give you examples of how the SNP are constantly demonising the UK parliament with talk of English MP's deciding Scotland's fate etc when Scottish MP's are failing en-masse to engage constructively with Westminster and failed to engage in the Brexit consultations.

That was me that said that.
There are 550+ English MPs and 59 Scottish ones yet you can't see why I said that English MPs always decide the fate of Scotland (and the UK).
One wee reminder.
56 out of 59 Scottish MPs want Trident out of Scotland.

Scottish MP's are failing en-masse to engage constructively with Westminster and failed to engage in the Brexit consultations.
Get real! Why would 58 Scottish MPs engage constructively with a political party they don't agree with.
Should the SNP really endorse Tory austerity policies and benefit cutbacks.

In fact how could an SNP party engage with a Troy party which is full of English MPs.
One party from Scotland dealing with Scottish issues and the other from rUK which rules the roost because of their size.
Could you imagine the uproar in England if Ms May listened to and acted upon suggestions from the SNP - get real.

When you say engage, what you really mean is for them to accept without question any policy that a Tory government puts forward.
Even tho' the Tories were utterly rejected in Scotland we still have to bow down to our betters masters.

I abstained from voting on Brexit because I knew that the English voters would decide whether the UK stayed or left the EU.
Do you deny that.

9 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

There are 550+ English MPs and 59 Scottish ones yet you can't see why I said that English MPs always decide the fate of Scotland (and the UK).
One wee reminder.

Scottish MP's are failing en-masse to engage constructively with Westminster and failed to engage in the Brexit consultations.
Get real! Why would 58 Scottish MPs engage constructively with a political party they don't agree with.

In fact how could an SNP party engage with a Troy party which is full of English MPs.
One party from Scotland dealing with Scottish issues and the other from rUK which rules the roost because of their size.
Could you imagine the uproar in England if Ms May listened to and acted upon suggestions from the SNP - get real.

When you say engage, what you really mean is for them to accept without question any policy that a Tory government puts forward.
Even tho' the Tories were utterly rejected in Scotland we still have to bow down to our betters masters.

I abstained from voting on Brexit because I knew that the English voters would decide whether the UK stayed or left the EU.
Do you deny that.

You make an assumption that MP's representing English constituencies ( for they are of many nationalities, races and religions)  will naturally vote all together  in a way that  disadvantages Scotland. I believe you have no evidence of that .....but if you do.......

You say 56 of 59 Scots MP's vote against Trident.......That's true, but it is a cynical and calculated opposition. 

It's fair to oppose austerity and benefit cuts if that's what you believe but it's not an English-Scottish fight as you would like to portray. There are plenty of English, Welsh and Irish Mp's and voters who oppose austerity and benefit cuts and the SNP should engage and present a united opposition but it's not really interested in fighting austerity it is only interested  in highlighting the ideological gulf between itself and the Tories.  

In fact I would suggesrt that after independence the SNP run Scottish Government will impose its own version of austerity and cut benefits also......

Your paragraph about bowing down to masters is just silly. I really can't imagine what on earth is going through your head when you say those things. You have a tangible hatred of the English by dint of their being a larger nation. If you bothered to look you would see that the England and Wales ( and the UK) is one of the most diverse, varied, interesting and wonderful countries in the world as are it's diverse people. You should take your blinkers off.

Your last paragraph is silly also. Over 1 million Scottish voters voted for Brexit and MORE Scottish voters didn't even bother voting than voted Remain. Ergo the Remain vote in Scotland was a lot less than 50% of the electorate and ergo does NOT give Sturgeon the  mandate to waste her time currying favor with our EU Masters and does NOT constitute the material change needed for her to seek a 2nd indy ref.

Do You Deny That ?

You say 56 of 59 Scots MP's vote against Trident.......That's true, but it is a cynical and calculated opposition. 

This is bollocks.
That's the only thing that's true about this statement.

You make an assumption that MP's representing English constituencies ( for they are of many nationalities, races and religions)  will naturally vote all together  in a way that  disadvantages Scotland. I believe you have no evidence of that .....but if you do.......
It's fair to oppose austerity and benefit cuts if that's what you believe but it's not an English-Scottish fight as you would like to portray. There are plenty of English, Welsh and Irish Mp's and voters who oppose austerity and benefit cuts and the SNP should engage and present a united opposition but it's not really interested in fighting austerity it is only interested  in highlighting the ideological gulf between itself and the Tories.  
In fact I would suggesrt that after independence the SNP run Scottish Government will impose its own version of austerity and cut benefits also......
Your paragraph about bowing down to masters is just silly. I really can't imagine what on earth is going through your head when you say those things. You have a tangible hatred of the English by dint of their being a larger nation. If you bothered to look you would see that the England and Wales ( and the UK) is one of the most diverse, varied, interesting and wonderful countries in the world as are it's diverse people. You should take your blinkers off.
Your last paragraph is silly also. Over 1 million Scottish voters voted for Brexit and MORE Scottish voters didn't even bother voting than voted Remain. Ergo the Remain vote in Scotland was a lot less than 50% of the electorate and ergo does NOT give Sturgeon the  mandate to waste her time currying favor with our EU Masters and does NOT constitute the material change needed for her to seek a 2nd indy ref.
Do You Deny That ?

1.3 million registered voters didn't vote, and 1.6 million voted to remain. Literally every single area of Scotland backed remaining in the European Union.

And yet we're leaving.

And in any case, if you're seriously suggesting that the UK leaving the EU isn't a material change of circumstances then you're delusional.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

1.3 million registered voters didn't vote, and 1.6 million voted to remain. Literally every single area of Scotland backed remaining in the European Union.

And yet we're leaving.

And in any case, if you're seriously suggesting that the UK leaving the EU isn't a material change of circumstances then you're delusional.

Ok I'll take your figures as true. Over 1 million voted Leave , 1.3 million didn't bother voting so probably didn't care and only 1.6 million  voted Remain.....not great for Remain. Hardly a ringing endorsement from Scotland as some try to claim.

I suppose you're  right about leaving being a material change.....just a pity a majority of  the Scottish electorate  didn't support Remain. Maybe that's why Yes can't increase their support. May has done Sturgeon a big favour by delaying indyref2.

4 minutes ago, Tryfield said:

I've just popped on here after a long long absence.

Nice to see I'm still winning two nil at referendums.

:)

Rest assured your two 'wins' have nothing to do with you.  

You'd be helping your anti-Scottish wishes to stay away from the site.   You utter fuckwit.  

Just now, Pearbuyerbell said:

Rest assured your two 'wins' have nothing to do with you.  

You'd be helping your anti-Scottish wishes to stay away from the site.   You utter fuckwit.  

How do you spell yawn?

Futternut.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

^^ 
What we're talking about.   :1eye

Going by your account, you joined on Halloween 2016.

I've been off here for a long time.

You are either a multi-banee or a stalker.

Do you slurp puddles?

24 minutes ago, Tryfield said:

Going by your account, you joined on Halloween 2016.

I've been off here for a long time.

You are either a multi-banee or a stalker.

Do you slurp puddles?

Doesn't wee Donnie (L4L) support UKIP & Brexit? That's the same viewpoints you hold, no?

Not the best example you could have chosen. But then, your previous contributions didn't exactly set the bar high.

23 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

One wee reminder.

Do you deny that.

14 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Do You Deny That ?

You make an assumption that MP's representing English constituencies ( for they are of many nationalities, races and religions)  will naturally vote all together  in a way that  disadvantages Scotland.

C'mon I credit you with more sense than that.
There are 10 times the English MPs as there are Scottish MPs.
If all the Scottish ones band together and vote the same way i.e Trident they are overwhelmed by English MPs voting the other way.
You cannae see that?
But you do see that but it doesn't fit in with your conception of Britishness.

But the SNP do oppose Tory benefit cuts + warmongering c**ts who like to bomb other countries.
In the grand scheme of things what good does it do?
Better to have the buck stop in Edinburgh where electors in Scotland vote for a Scottish Government.

Your last paragraph is silly also. Over 1 million Scottish voters voted for Brexit and MORE Scottish voters didn't even bother voting than voted Remain. Ergo the Remain vote in Scotland was a lot less than 50% of the electorate.
But you're going back to 1979 Scottish Referendum when if you sat on your arse you were counted as voting NO.
I think you're the one that is silly.

Me: I abstained from voting on Brexit because I knew that the English voters would decide whether the UK stayed or left the EU.
Do you deny that.

Archived