Intelligent unionist posters

git-intae-thum

Where are they....

The HB's etc. ( although I think Bishop briggs may know HB :whistle) Even the bat shit mental Raynards and Mr Bairns. I kind of miss them. They were original and banter.

Now this forum is fuckt with 3rd raters such as mcspreader, chlamydia and that latest fud Mickymack.

Are they symptomatic to unionisim? Do folk with brains know its a lost cause?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Bairn wasn't intelligent in the slightest but I get what you're saying. Won't class HB in there as he was simply a troll and therefore no better than the others of his ilk.

Tubbs, I think that was the name, wasn't necessarily a bad poster either, and I'm sure BerwickMad is a unionist? Could be wrong on that count. Would be interested to see what an ICTChris could bring to a discussion on it, given he's clearly not a moron.

Sheer blind rage at the SNP and impotent frustration about being able to do the square root of f**k all to halt the yellow tsunami does seem to create a particularly idiotic level of human being.

15 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Skyline Drifter always seemed sensible. But yeah, the rest are a pretty good argument for independence.

I've never posted on the 'No voters - what say you' thread but Skyline Drifter is quite content tae let English politicians make every political decision for him (and for me).
I widnae say that's a guid argument.

Skyline Drifter
'From a personal point of view I don't have a problem being "British". I'm Scottish but I don't think that's incompatible. I have as much or more in common with English people as I do with the rest of Scotland. That may partly be a geographic thing being as we're right on the Border but I don't see the governing of the UK by a UK parliament as being any sort of problem. I think the Scottish parliament is an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy that just costs us all a fortune. I'd merrily disband it tomorrow if it were up to me.'

20 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

I've never posted on the 'No voters - what say you' thread but Skyline Drifter is quite content tae let English politicians make every political decision for him (and for me).
I widnae say that's a guid argument.

Skyline Drifter
'From a personal point of view I don't have a problem being "British". I'm Scottish but I don't think that's incompatible. I have as much or more in common with English people as I do with the rest of Scotland. That may partly be a geographic thing being as we're right on the Border but I don't see the governing of the UK by a UK parliament as being any sort of problem. I think the Scottish parliament is an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy that just costs us all a fortune. I'd merrily disband it tomorrow if it were up to me.'

I'm not saying I thought his arguments were strong, just that he didn't present them in a shrieking, incandescent rage, like most unionists on here. Just thought it was worth pointing that out.

23 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I'm not saying I thought his arguments were strong, just that he didn't present them in a shrieking, incandescent rage, like most unionists on here. Just thought it was worth pointing that out.

Fair do's, it's just me being me :thumsup2

4 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Who are the intelligent separatist posters?

Certainly not you, minty. I've yet to see you put forward any reason why Scotland should remain chained to the separatist UK as it takes a header off the Brexit bridge. Presumably we're just supposed to ignore that particular manifestation of separatism and enjoy listening to "Nearer My God to Thee".

Jmo is OK.... needs to drop the labour shite mind... and his scoop of the 2015 elections was cringy... but all round a decent poster

A lot of it is a work. He's been sound when discussing more general socially progressive causes it's just when the boy Tony is brought up he can't help himself.

6 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Who are the intelligent separatist posters?

That from one of the sub-forum's thickest unionists.

And that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

Minter.

Hilarious......

Puerile abuse masquerading as a demand for intelligent debate.

You just can't help yourself.  

There is no chance whatsoever of intelligent debate because of the level of abuse and disparaging comments against opposing views.

You seem to want unionists to somehow make the case for remaining in the union, when the onus is on the separatists to make the case to leave, and seem to think every argument you spew forth is so cast iron and irrefutable that you leave no room for debate.

For example you rail against Scotland being run by  English Tories from Westminster as an example of why independence is a good idea and the alternative is to be run by Scottish Nationalists from Edinburgh........frankly, I don't support the SNP and  rate the current crop of Scottish MSP's as 2nd rate so I see no benefit in changing. If I say that I get harangued and insulted......although I say it regardless.

How is there room for debate when Brexiteers are denounced as racist.....all 17+ million of them......when even the thickest of Remainers  must realise there were a vast , wide ranging number of reasons for voting Brexit and even if immigration was one of them, the current system is flawed, has a negative impact for some people and those who were trying to highlight the problem were being dismissed, disparaged and derided.......Because of the lack of honest debate surrounding immigration we got Brexit.

Debate is a two-way street. It requires listening as well as pontificating and whilst there are separatists and nationalists who will do that once you let the  Fidiot  loose, and others like him,  reason and intelligent debate is the casualty.

45 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Hilarious......

There is no chance whatsoever of intelligent debate because of the level of abuse and disparaging comments against opposing views.

You seem to want unionists to somehow make the case for remaining in the union, when the onus is on the separatists to make the case to leave, and seem to think every argument you spew forth is so cast iron and irrefutable that you leave no room for debate.

For example you rail against Scotland being run by  English Tories from Westminster as an example of why independence is a good idea and the alternative is to be run by Scottish Nationalists from Edinburgh........frankly, I don't support the SNP and  rate the current crop of Scottish MSP's as 2nd rate so I see no benefit in changing. If I say that I get harangued and insulted......although I say it regardless.

How is there room for debate when Brexiteers are denounced as racist.....all 17+ million of them......when even the thickest of Remainers  must realise there were a vast , wide ranging number of reasons for voting Brexit and even if immigration was one of them, the current system is flawed, has a negative impact for some people and those who were trying to highlight the problem were being dismissed, disparaged and derided.......Because of the lack of honest debate surrounding immigration we got Brexit.

Debate is a two-way street. It requires listening as well as pontificating and whilst there are separatists and nationalists who will do that once you let the  Fidiot  loose, and others like him,  reason and intelligent debate is the casualty.

Although you may not see it, your pious, sneering, holier than thou attitude, combined with your blind hatred of the SNP makes debating with you a lot less intelligent than you may perceive.

As I have highlighted above, you're not exactly slow off the mark with the abuse yourself, m9.

If the onus is on the "seperatists" to make a case to leave, can I provide you with, as an alternative to a wasteful Westminster, exhibit A:

Image result for scotland resources

53 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Hilarious......

So what you're saying is that having second-rate MPs in Westminster means that the UK should become a minor region of a state in which it's outnumbered in representative terms by a country that knows what it's doing. Hey, maybe Westminster can even find use as a devolved assembly.

Jmo is OK.... needs to drop the labour shite mind... and his scoop of the 2015 elections was cringy... but all round a decent poster

What's the definition of intelligent unionist on this thread? The ability to coherently communicate their own thoughts or just repetition of the prevailing mantra on every other issue other than the union? I am presuming it's the latter with your suggestion...

Hilarious......

I've had fide on ignore for months along with the lichtie fellow as they're as thick as mince and a waste of time reading their nonsense.

I don't debate on here either- waste of time.

Archived