Arbroath v Edinburgh

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Mbu was fucking incredible today.

Wasn't there today but there are days folk just aren't getting past him. Sounds like it was one of those days today. For what it's worth I think you'll still win the league

90% of the game, 0% of the shots on goal. We needed a tactical change but just kept playing to City's strengths. Mbu immense. Didn't deserve to lose but credit to City again for a winning plan. Glad I don't see that every week, though.

Wasn't there today but there are days folk just aren't getting past him. Sounds like it was one of those days today. For what it's worth I think you'll still win the league

I don't :lol:

City have our number. Especially when they're up here and happy with a point.

3-5-1-1 or 5-3-1-1 or whatever it is but it doubles up out wide on us with the wingbacks and let's our midfield have nothing. When the ball was up with our strikers they were surrounded with nowhere to go.

You got the ball, went direct to Allan I think and then everybody in midfield and the wingbacks got up to support them.

We just didn't know what to do. Omar had that great chance and if he scored I reckon it would've been comfortable but the longer it stayed 0-0 the more desperate we became.

A draw would've been fair, but to lose it honestly, such a sore one.

It's going to be a rollercoaster last 3 games, Cowden 3-0 winners today and Clyde 3-2 winners.... f**k sake.

Another disappointing afternoon at Gayfield.

City came and played exactly as they did on their last visit (so did we) and got the same result, massed defence, quick breakaways and a sucker punch at the finish. The blame lies entirely with the management for not learning from City's last visit and getting our tactics right for the game. Incredible that with the wind behind us in the first half we didn't have a shot on target, second half worse than the first. The City keeper must have had his easiest game of the season.

Suker had his best game for us, Gold was one of our best, Doris worked himself into the ground. Scott flatters to deceive, he runs around a lot and looks busy but to little effect and was pretty awful again today. Kader was fairly anonymous again and Bobby Linn has been off the boil for a wee while and now is the time that we need him to be on form.

Doubt that we will win the league, Forfar look to have the easier run in and we have never done that well in previous play-offs. Can only hope that we show a big improvement for the remaining games.

Joe Mbu was fucking incredible today.

Yes he was, best player on the pitch by a mile, have to hand it to "city" made no attempt to play football, wasted as much time as they could, played on the break, nicked the points, fair play to them, worked a treat

Yes he was, best player on the pitch by a mile, have to hand it to "city" made no attempt to play football, wasted as much time as they could, played on the break, nicked the points, fair play to them, worked a treat

Arbroath are a better team and have better players than City, it's their job to break them down, especially at home. Simple as that.

Arbroath are a better team and have better players than City, it's their job to break them down, especially at home. Simple as that.

Correct

We have lost 6 games this season, 5 at home, 1 away.

When teams come to Gayfield and do what City have just done today we really struggle. I think a big reason for that is a real lack of pace up next to Doris, we cannot get in behind.

Away from home when teams try and go for the 3 points and have a go at us the games open and we look good.

Its so frustrating.

26 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I, in no way disagree with this

Totally agree with this,why the f+++ was Scott on after last weeks display,how can other teams put corners to the back post and we cannot.In the second half McCord was knackered and should have been replaced by Malin. Management at its worst.

Fail to get promotion and I will be giving careful consideration next season to attending games.

So B. Linn would like to repay the fans by winning the league, well show it.

Absolutely shocking game today, Edinburgh are really an awful team to watch. Fair play to them though, they do what they do well and it works for them.

I don't think I've seen a team so determined not to win a league, it's embarrassing. Every slip-up that Forfar have we chuck it away. Gomes, Little and Doris were the only players to get pass marks in my opinion, the rest looked like they couldn't be arsed.

Also it's been a while since I've made it to a game, has Jimmy Scott been off form for a while now? He had an awful game and was rightly subbed at half-time imo.

Absolutely shocking game today, Edinburgh are really an awful team to watch. Fair play to them though, they do what they do well and it works for them.

I don't think I've seen a team so determined not to win a league, it's embarrassing. Every slip-up that Forfar have we chuck it away. Gomes, Little and Doris were the only players to get pass marks in my opinion, the rest looked like they couldn't be arsed.

Also it's been a while since I've made it to a game, has Jimmy Scott been off form for a while now? He had an awful game and was rightly subbed at half-time imo.

What happened with Gomes at the goal????

Also, when there's so many players not at it I'm not sure what could've been changed that would've changed anything in the slightest.

8 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Totally agree with this,why the f+++ was Scott on after last weeks display,how can other teams put corners to the back post and we cannot.In the second half McCord was knackered and should have been replaced by Malin. Management at its worst.

Fail to get promotion and I will be giving careful consideration next season to attending games.

So B. Linn would like to repay the fans by winning the league, well show it.

McCord knackered? He still eating burgers for breakfast?

What happened with Gomes at the goal????

Also, when there's so many players not at it I'm not sure what could've been changed that would've changed anything in the slightest.

From where I was standing it looked like he was fouled, I'd have to see the highlights though. Otherwise he made some cracking saves to keep us in the game.

Aye I agree with you on the second point, our lack of strength in depth has been a problem all season. It's just more the fact that we're 3 games from the end of the season and we can still win the league, and the players look like they just can't be arsed. It's extremely frustrating.

gomes a great shot stopper but he flapped at the ball needs more protection we have no height in our back four . we were 1 minute from going top smythe and mallin stripped for at least 10 mins told to sit down by dc why didnt he just shut up shop take the draw go top end of

Archived