Worst sayings in Scottish Football

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprise when Player X gets booked for his first foul....it's either a bookable offence or not......don't remember reading anywhere you can play your joker if it's your first !

Probably a hangover from the old days when you were only booked for persistent fouling

3 hours ago, The Marly said:

Commentators and pundits who can't properly pronounce "St Johnstone". Twats every one of them.

I know, they keep pronouncing it "team punching above their weight".

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 08:47, The Marly said:

Commentators and pundits who can't properly pronounce "St Johnstone". Twats every one of them.

Okay.  "St" is an abbreviation.  Now I get it.

(Oh well. At least they don't have to say Perth)

Sorry if mentioned before, but see fans of rival clubs, particularly OF commenting something "nice" about their rival saying stuff like, 

"Im a [the] Rangers fan but I'd just like to pass on my best wishes to Celtic player x in his battle against something".

Why do you need to ID yourself as their rival? As if I should give you more respect for daring to cross the divide to wish another human being well? It's basically a "look at me, look how amazing a person I am that I can be nice to a rival player despite all the sectarianism..... which we believe doesn't exist anyway by the way".

And see wanks that have to make a charity bet on something, boils ma baws. If you want to make a bet, make a bet ya fanny and take the cash. Then give it to charity or buy a kebab, do what you want, just don't show off about it.  

The Daily *anger Hotline is a hotbed for this kinda shite

Folk talking about the "SPL". I've even noticed some players saying things like "promotion to the SPFL" when they're talking about going up to the Premiership. Unbelievable.

34 minutes ago, Captain Material said:

Sorry if mentioned before, but see fans of rival clubs, particularly OF commenting something "nice" about their rival saying stuff like, 

"Im a [the] Rangers fan but I'd just like to pass on my best wishes to Celtic player x in his battle against something".

Why do you need to ID yourself as their rival? As if I should give you more respect for daring to cross the divide to wish another human being well? It's basically a "look at me, look how amazing a person I am that I can be nice to a rival player despite all the sectarianism..... which we believe doesn't exist anyway by the way".

And see wanks that have to make a charity bet on something, boils ma baws. If you want to make a bet, make a bet ya fanny and take the cash. Then give it to charity or buy a kebab, do what you want, just don't show off about it.  

Virtue Signaling is so very in at the moment. Twitter would be dead without it.

Reading the BBC's text update in DU-Morton and read, "Morton have had plenty of the opening half hour at Tannadice but are not doing enough with the ball."

Apart from kicking, heading and throwing it what else can one do?  Put a smiley face on it?

4 hours ago, Captain Material said:

That's the one, I've gone on about this for years

Archived