Worst sayings in Scottish Football

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

"I support Glasgow Celtic. Glasgow Celtic"

Seemingly innocuous words. However, I am in Berlin at the moment and these were the words uttered to a girl who sat along the bench from us at the bier halle, and who was with a MASSIVE boyfriend, by some arsepiece with a Celtic tattoo on his shoulder.

Fucking cringe.

The entire situation was made better by his rapid exit when the MASSIVE boyfriend merely looked at him and then stood up, as he bolted from the building.

Celtin fans are starting to get a bit too Brits Abroad. They want to reel it in a bit.

Celtic fans : 

IMG_0923.PNG

31 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Was there not an argument over the term 'automatic promotion' at one point?

This 'natural order' bullshit is becoming more common.

Im sure it was a sevco thing, someone was blindly arguing against the term "automatic promotion" as they thought it implied the SFA had organised it for them to go up irrespective of the league places. An argument over absolutely nothing.

I think it was Sally that said this when he was a interviewed as a player;

"Well it all depends what happens on the night at the end of the day"

When else is the night? 

Could be wrong but thats how I remember it from the 90's!

On 4/16/2017 at 20:22, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The nickname thing is just weird, and seems to be restricted only to footballers. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to call people by their first names, instead of shortening their surname to four letters and adding a -y or an -o suffix. If I was friends with Kris "Boydy" Boyd- thankfully I'm not- I imagine I'd just call him Kris.

or fatty, or chubby 

When did that old commentator cliché "back on level terms" become "back on terms" and how did they all know to start sayin it at vitualy the same time? What does it mean anyway...which terms? 

When did that old commentator cliché "back on level terms" become "back on terms" and how did they all know to start sayin it at vitualy the same time? What does it mean anyway...which terms? 

Yeah, I noticed that too. A great example of how football turns a perfectly functional language into nonsensical mush.

13 hours ago, Walter said:

how did they all know to start sayin it at vitualy the same time?

This is what gets me about the change of use of 'just about' this season. What on earth makes a load of professional commentators, presumably intelligent enough folk, suddenly decide they'll change the meaning of an established expression? I doubt they've been briefed to do it. I know football has a copycat culture but you'd think if they heard someone else get it wrong they'd think 'idiot' rather than 'I'd better start saying that too'. Weird.

Archived