Worst sayings in Scottish Football

Suddenly dawned on me how boring it is hearing some of the rhetoric that comes out of the SPFL nowadays, especially Ibrox. "Going for 55" and "obsessed" being the worst. Got me thinking. What are the worst catchphrases/sound bites/sayings that are banded about in our great footballing league?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the worst catchphrases/sound bites/sayings that are banded about in our great footballing league?

This:

¢AS∦ 8282.×Ɣẑ #소액결제 현금화 #컬쳐문화상품권 현금교환 #소액결재현금화 #소액결재 #소액결제현금화 #소액결제 #휴대폰소액 #휴대폰소액결제 현금화 #휴대폰 소액현금화 #컬쳐문화상품권 #스마트 행복한매입,신속한입금,365일 연중무휴,365일 연중무휴 친절한상담 모바일 상품권 / 휴대폰 소액결제 안전매입

I'm very excited to introduce our new manager, John Hughes.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

St Johnstone are over achieving.

Utter pish.

'Punching above their weight' is one of the most annoying ones, it ignores logic and facts.

Not just a Scottish thing but any list of clubs of similar size, pluralised, in any context.

"We can't compete financially with the Aberdeens, Hearts and Hibs of this world" or "We should beating the Brechins, Stenhousemuirs and Clydes no bother"

There's only one of each of these clubs. Either say it without the plural or say a description of the group such as "mid sized part time clubs" or "clubs that, traditionally, sit in the top flight chasing Europe" etc.

The use of the words "ever so" as in "the lads did ever so well..." Why is it that the only people in Scotland who use this expression is football players and managers ( aye, you Alan Archibald)? 

1. I hate the modern terminology of referring to the 'football club' rather than simple 'club'. We all know it's a football club. Same think has crept into golf where players refer to the 'golf course' rather than just the 'course'. It seems to be habit that is prevalent amongst participants (managers, players etc) rather than supporters.

Archived